Which PPV is the Next to Go?

HamsterWrestler

Occasional Pre-Show
As we all know every year the WWE decides to replace or remove some PPVs all together if they don't perform well enough in buy rates. For example, the PPVs from last year that were removed or replaced this year are:

Removed
  • Backlash
  • Judgment Day
  • The (Great American)Bash
  • Breaking Point
*If I missed any,let me know.

Replacements
  • Over the Limit
  • Money in the Bank
  • Fatal Four Way
*If I missed any,let me know.

NOTE: Extreme Rules and Night of Champions are still active PPVs except they have different dates than before.

Another NOTE: Royal Rumble,Wrestlemania,TLC,Hell in a Cell,Bragging Rights,and Survivor Series are all still active and in the same month as last year.

A 3rd NOTE: No Way Out is still active in the same month except it underwent a name change to Elimination Chamber.(I prefer No Way Out but what can I do about it:icon_sad:)

Anyways, my question to you is, what PPV do you think is the next to go for next year?

My choices would be Fatal 4 Way and Over the Limit, especially considering how much they sold and the quality of their matches.

In case anyone is thinking about saying the Royal Rumble,Wrestlemania, or Summerslam is the next to go then don't answer because we all know that those 3 PPVs will never be taken away(especially WrestleMania).

So please state your answer and give a good reason as to why the PPV(s) may be the next to go.

By the way, this is my first thread so don't ruin it with spam or other unrelated things not related to the topic.;)

I think the next to go is over the limit. When you look at it never really had any good matches except the I Quit match which is the best john cena and batista could do alsoeverybody knew cena was gonna win. Edge and orton might of been better if orton didnt get injuried.

I woud say Over the Limit because from what I've heard it wasn't very good at all and with the exception of the Rumble, WM, SummerSlam, and SSeries WWE is going with mostly themed PPV's of some sort at the moment where Over the Limit really never made any sense as a name for a PPV. I would like to see No Mercy or Judgment Day to return instead of Over the Limit.

Over the limit will probably be replaced with some type of gimmick ppv they haven't used. Jmo, they ought to being back Backlash. Kinda gimmickey since it was the follow up ppv to wrestlemania.

Over The Limit is next to go. I agree with BuckshotBrian's idea, but I also think that it should be gone because if WWE was to continue with this whole gimmick PPV concept for the whole year, technically OTL didn't exactly have a gimmick to go with the PPV.

My question is, what the hell would the gimmick be that creates the replacement PPV? They have TLC, Elimination Chamber, MitB (Gonna die I just know it will), Survivor Series (The 5 v 5 matches are gimmick matches in a sense), Extreme Rules, Night of Champions, and Fatal Four Way. What else could they do, Texas Bull Rope?

The way WWE are currently going they will most likely replace Over The Limit with another gimmick PPV. Over The Limit was a bad PPV anyway with the only shining light being Rey vs Punk, the estimated buy rate of only 198,000 will also disaoint the WWE and they will probably replace it because of such a low buy rate.

while i im not a big fan of Submission matches and that all, i liked Breaking Point for 2 reasons:
1) IT HAD A PPV NAME NOT THE NAME OF THE STUPID GIMMICK MATCH!!!.
2) It wasnt like Fatal 4 Way where it was just Fatal 4 Way matches or HITC, it had different matches, like I Quit, Submission Counts Anywhere and A Submission Match. Yes they are kinda the same, they are variations of The Submission Match.

Night Of Champions, is another idea i like, as its about the titles, and instead of your 2 World title matches and 1 maybe 2 US/IC title PPV's. Its a night where you can be for sure you will see a new champion of some kind.

Also Over The Limit was just shit, so hopefully that goes or they give it a good card next year so it can be a NORMAL PPV no gimmick matches or names. You cant just give an old PPV a new name and expect fans to think OMG ITS NEW when their is nothing special on it to make you go WOW THATS NEW I WANT IT. Also i hope MITB PPV goes for the only reason that MITB can go back to being on WestleMaina. and last thing No Way Out is a better name then Elimination Chamber.

WWE just because your going PG and for Kids dont mean they are ******ed and you have to name your pay per views after the Main Event, Whats next you going to rename SummerSlam this year too TEAM WWE (CENA whatever its call) VS NEXUS

It will be over the limit how-ever......... Its not the PPV's title that gets buy's (being a good or bad rate) Its the card and build up that turns people on or off. The E need to script things better (there doing fine work with nexus) to get people more into the PPV. Better build up will lead to better sales.... Over the limit should be replaced by, wait for it.... King Of The Ring..... Bring it back, used to be so good back in the day.

Fatal Four Way sucked and the idea sucks its not all that gimicky to have a couple 4-way title matches,and the only reasons there were title changes is cause the writers knew it was a sucky ppv concept and had to give all the fans that didnt order it the "only on WWE ppv" told u so.

I hope they drop Over The Limit, HIAC, and maybe Fatal 4 Way.

OTL just sucked and I didn't get the point of all the faces winning.

HIAC is a waste of a PPV(eventhough I was in the 3rd row) since The Cell is meant to end fueds when they need to be ended and eventhough it did end DX-Legacy, having 3 in one night didn't help as it was just overkill.

Fatal 4 Way was.....ok(I was in the second row). I think it can survive if we only get 2 instead of 3 as it again is overkill and only the World Titles deserve to be defended in them.

i really do not like the gimmick ppv's i find it takes away from the feel of a ppv. i liked thinking to myself- sweet, im gunna see No Way Out tonight, or No Mercy or Unforgiven Or King Of the Ring or Fully loaded, you know where im goin with this, just saying oh i cant wait till fatal 4 way, or elimination chamber, i just dont like it, its just the name of the match, it seems like its just a filler until a good pay per view. hope they scratch it soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back