Which Impact Wrestling Star Makes it in 1990s WCW?

GhettoV1

Pre-Show Stalwart
I was thinking about the Impact Wrestling roster from 2014-present day which would've made it in WCW from 1989-2001?
People such as Abyss, Bobby Lashley, Bobby Roode, Eric Young, MVP, Davey Richards, Eddie Edwards, Low-Ki, James Storm, Great Sanyada, Suicide / Manik, Mike Bennett, Moose, Cody Rhodes, Samoa Joe, Ken Anderson, Bully Ray, EC3, Rockstar Spud, Grado, Bram, Crazy Steve, Taryn Terrell, Jade, Marti Belle, Rebel, LAX, Shera, Robbie E, Jesse Godderez, DJ Z, Trevor Lee, and the rest of the roster could and would fit in WCW in that timeframe.

I think Sting could possibly have made it in WCW. He seems like he has the charisma to keep up with even a Ric Flair. Also, in his heyday, he had the skill set to go in the ring with just about anyone and make them look good. He seems to really know his stuff - in the business, on the mic, in the ring. Hell, I think Sting could have been WCW's top draw against Hulk Hogan at the apex of the nWo.

Just kidding, obviously, but I think any of TNAs top guys could have thrived in WCW at one point or another. It all just depends who in what era and who was in charge over in Turnerland. Roode, Aries, Lashley... a lot of those guys.

I think most of the names you listed if used right could have made it in WCW and if WCW didn't go out of business I believe a lot of those names would have worked for WCW, 2 names I'm surprised the WWE has had little interest in are James Storm and Eric Young I think those 2 could of thrived in any wrestling role they were given.

2 names I'm surprised the WWE has had little interest in are James Storm and Eric Young .

So LEADING the SaNiTy faction within NxT is WWE having little interest in Eric Young? Man I must be old if that is true
as for who would have been huge in WCW..most of the X Division would have excelled because of the Cruiser-weights
The Wolves would have had classics with The Outsiders, Horsemen
Not sure really but Cody might have done well for himself with the family connections

WCW in the 90s depends on the era. if it were in the 96-99 era then guys like Ken Anderson, MVP, and Bobby Lashley would've been there and likely joined up with the nWo since they're ex WWE guys. Suicide, Low-Ki and EY would've done well in the Crusierweight division and Cody Rhodes would've gotten his shot (because of his name alone). The problem is alot of these guys wouldnt have gotten much of a chance to be great because Hogan was hogging the main event scene at the time and that's the key reason Bret Hart failed in WCW. WCW didnt treat Hart like the star he was and instead of giving him a title run early in his career, he became Hogan's "friend."

2 names I'm surprised the WWE has had little interest in are James Storm and Eric Young I think those 2 could of thrived in any wrestling role they were given.
do you mean in the past??? or now??? because BOTH guys are either wanted or are/were in WWE. Eric Young is doing great right now in WWE NXT and is leading Sanity. i am hopeful that he'll either be called up (along with Sanity) soon or that he'll get a NXT title run (after Roode loses the championship). As for James Storm, WWE wanted him and he had one match in NXT and wanted him for NXT, but TNA made a better offer and he stuck around. if he took WWE's offer, he'd likely be the Cowboy James Storm in WWE NXT right now and feuding with some top star (maybe even Roode), right now.

Few would have worked post NWO... but in that early period you could say that a lot of previous TNA names could have worked... but not as major names.

Guys like Bobby Roode, Eric Young, James Storm in 1991 would have been the Dustin Rhodes, Steve Austins and William Regals..They wouldn't have MADE it in WCW, but could have after moving on.

It's hard to really take these types of thread too seriously... as reality is all the TNA guys were influcenced by the WCW guys... transplanting them back 20 years as they are isn't possible really... You just have to take the raw talent and charisma and see if it fits... Someone like Roode would have, but he'd have been pushed as Rick's brother which likely would have killed both their careers... Eric Young would have been Tracey Smothers or Norman Smiley in a comedy gimmick. James Storm would have been a poor mans Blackjack.

Perhaps the better way to do this is which classic guys could fit in the modern TNA or WWE if they were taken as they were...

Regal would have... Austin and Pillman would have... Dustin DID... and Vader would always have been valuable to Vince. Other than that, not many on the WCW side would work there, but in TNA - The Steiners, Nikita, even The Freebirds would fit in great.

Imagine The Bromans fighting for the WCW World tag team championships in 1993 or 1994?

Bromans vs Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion for the US Tag Team title

UGH I thought of something even worse.. I got a real winner

Bromans vs The American Males..

Abyss would have been a good fit for the dungeon of doom...

Hell he would have been better as the yetayyy!!!!

But he would have been a great monster type for the early hogan years...

If you're talking about WCW during the Attitude Era, most of them would have probably wound up in one of the various nWo factions at one point or another. But that wasn't necessarily "making it" when you consider that the nWo, by the time they splintered off, pretty much featured anyone remotely relevant at the time and it was a watered down concept.

Your smaller guys, I'm talking guys 225 lbs. and under: they'd have wound up in the Cruiserweight Division, they'd have put on show stealing matches, wouldn't have drawn a dime and been told by the guys with the stroke like Hall & Nash to just shut up, do their job and be grateful for the crumbs that fell their way.

As far as women were concerned, WCW gave even less of a shit than WWE did. They'd have kept the prettiest ones around to be used as valets and that's about it.

Bromans vs Firebreaker Chip and Todd Champion for the US Tag Team title

UGH I thought of something even worse.. I got a real winner

Bromans vs The American Males..

Just for that... I condemn you to watch Judy Bagwell on a Forklift matches... for eternity...

Got an even worse ones though... Tyrus v P.N. News... Mahabli Shera vs El Gigante & Alberto v Konnan...Pinata on A Pole match..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back