When's the next time we'll see the Championship Scramble?

Vincent Michaels

My weapon of choice? A green onion.
This is a pretty fresh gimmick, only happened 4 times since 08(who cares if 3 in the same night was overkill?) with the last being a little over a year ago. I think it's time for it to return, as long as it's NOT turned into a gimmick PPV. Does anyone want another remember Unforgiven 08? I think it should return at NOC to get all the main eventers on Raw on the card at once, Cena vs Jericho vs Sheamus vs Orton vs Edge.

So anyway,

When should it return if it does?

How should it be used(main event or otherwise)?

Who should be in it?

And how many of it should be used if they make it a gimmick(ex: NOC: Championship Scramble)?

I honestly don't see it returning. And I hate to say it because I loved the concept. It was the only credible Adamle Original. If it does make a return, seeing that we have a PPV for a match that can be on free TV as the main event and we'll still take a pee break (Fatal 4 Way), it most likely would be a themed PPV. But I would much rather never see it again than see 3 in one night again.

I think we can see it returning once all of the new gimmick pay per views have died down a bit. I honestly do seeing it return at Night of Champions, because of how they are going to need to get all of their main-eventers in during this years pay per view. I would love to see it come back, because this was a brand new concept that we had never see to much of before.

When should it return if it does?
Hopefully Night Of Champions

How should it be used(main event or otherwise?)
I dont care I as long as it comes back I LOVED the concept it was probally the only good thing Admale came up with

Who should be in it?
For RAW if it was MECena vs. Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Jericho vs. Edge
For the US titleJOMO vs. R-Truth vs. MIZ vs. Bourne vs. Dibase.
For SD! if it was ME Christian(I'm still hoping for his World Title and will till he hangs up the boots) vs. Punk(If he's cleared to wrestle dont know when he'll be cleared) vs. Kane vs. Undertaker(his RETURN MATCH) vs. Big Show or Jack Swagger I'm assuming Mysterio will be taking time off when Taker returns.
For the IC title Kofi vs. Rhodes vs. McIntyre vs. Ziggler vs. MVP or Hardy

And how many of it should be used if they make it a gimmick(ex: NOC: Championship Scramble?)
No more than 2 a PPV otherwise you get tired of it after the second and wouldnt want to see the 3rd one so NO MORE THAN 2

Would make sense to be used as the NOC main event. The concept is great but when you have a stacked card with these matches it gets boring in the end.

I personally like the Championship Scramble match. Tension builds as the clock ticks down and the very nature of the match leaves what happens in the end wide open.

Depending on the figures the recent Money In The Bank PPPV, the MITB match at WrestleMania may be going. On Chair Shot Reality, they discussed what should replace if it does go. A scramble match for a title shot was mentioned. In my opinion this is genius. Granted I would rather have MITB at WrestleMania but a scramble match would still have that element of excitement and would still have room for a shock. It would have to be changed slightly to accomodate 6 or 8 people, but nevertheless I would be happy to see it come back.

I really hope Night of Champions, Could you imagine the names for RAW; Cena, Jericho, Edge, Sheamus, Triple H, Randy Orton, The list can go on. This could also be a good set-up for a Money in The Bank cash-in for The Miz.

As for SmackDown, You'd have; Kane, Christian, Big Show, Jack Swagger, Taker (Assuming he's back), Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Kofi Kingston.

I hope there's no more than 2 in a night, I'm really only hoping for 1, Btut 2 would be good considering we haven't seen the Scramble in a while. So if all goes well, Hopefully Night of Champions will host a Scramble Match (If not 2!), I can't wait until we see it again.

I really hope they do bring back the championship scramble because I actually didn't mind the gimmick and it was actually pretty cool.

Actually the more I think about it the more I think I like it more than the elimination chamber. So hopefully it will return at noc. My card from raw would be Sheamus, Cena, Orton, Edge and possibly Bourne to keep it fresh.

From smackdown probably Punk, Kane, Mysterio, Christian and possibly Kofi or Drew. Either or I would be happy. Also I wouldn't be surprised if there was a scramble match with all the nexus involved. With the exception of Young and Sheffield who will probably be taken out by Cena. In the nexus scramble only the winner will recieve a contract and Barett will win.

Anyway, I don't really know but that is what I want to see. Hopefully at Night of Champion, also what I have written is according to the roster at the moment over time my answer may change.

I think if it does return then it'll return at NOC and will be used for the US and IC titles. The Miz needs to drop his US Title but his only real feud is with R-Truth... you throw in Morrison, Bourne and DiBiase and there's a brilliant match right there.

Smackdown - Kofi, Rhodes, Ziggler, Christian and McIntyre/Hardy/MVP. It allows for all these guys to get 20 minutes on PPV - which isn't something we usually see for most matches anyways.

A Championship oppourtunity 'scramble' match at WM would be great as I think MitB is 'jumping the shark' with them now having 2 MitB winners - it devalues it. I mean with one sole winner they can be on both shows and that will only help the crowd know who they are, build their stock and ultimately makes them into a main-eventer.

I would love to see the championship scramble return. If it is used for a ppv it should only be used for the world titles. The scramble features too many participants for WWE to have more than two of these in one night. I don't see the scramble returning at Night of Champions because there will definitely be 7 matches. Considering the matches are all title matches I assume they will all go on for a fair amount of time. Adding two scrambles would make the ppv too long in my opinion.

I do like the idea of having the scramble at Wrestlemania. If MITB is removed from the Wrestlemania card then the scramble is the perfect match to replace it.

I think you all forgot that it happens every year now- at Breaking Point.

So we all don't have to worry about anything, I'm pretty sure it's returning, so no need for the NOC idea. Just wanted to throw that in.

BALLS!

I'd like to see it come back. The idea of it is good. It's able to be interesting by the 3rd person on, and you wouldn't know who was your champion until there were 3 seconds left. I'd like to see it at Night Of Champions. You COULD make a Scramble match for any of the 4 singles titles, but I see 2 with legit reasons. US Title Scramble match, with The Miz vs R-Truth vs John Morrison vs Evan Bourne vs Ted DiBiase. This type of match would be a good way to get the US Title off of The Miz, while keeping him credible to be a WWE Champion at any minute. 2nd, the WWE Title. The Main Event Scene is STACKED on RAW, so it would make the most sence here. I'd put Sheamus vs John Cena vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Jericho. You have 2 rivalries satisfied, you have the Viper, who'll take out anyone, and a good opportunity to bring the title to any of the competitors. And no, there should not be a themed PPV for it, then there would be too many matches.

I think the best ppv to see it would be Night of Champions...it makes sense...instead of seeing boring 1 on 1 matches, why not spice it up...and if we do see 1 on 1 matches, then it will be leaving a lot of good wrestlers out of the ppv which isn't a good idea...I don't mind seeing 2 championship scrambles..just like I didn't mind seeing 2 MitB ladder matches...they always have you on the edge because you never know who will get the last pin...

As far as i'm concerned this match concept could never be used again and I wouldn't care one bit. Sure it was an interesting concept to try out, but the match itself was just kind of awkward. Two competitors would start in the ring first, then in five minutes time they were joined by the third competitor, then five minutes later they were joined by the fourth competitor, then in another five minutes the final competitor would come out as the remaining five minutes of the match ticked away. Now while this was all going whoever would score a pinfall would be the "champion" for the time being and if they remained so by the end of the match, they would win the title officially.

Now i will say again it wasn't the worst concept ever, but to me it was just a little awkward. In the end thats not a bad thing, but the matches did have this tendency to become cluster-fuckish when it was all said and done. There were only four of these matches so far in WWE's history. The three scramble matches that plagued Unforgiven for the ECW, WWE, and World Heavyweight titles. Then the one used only for the ECW title at The Bash. The scramble match at The Bash was the most recent one of these matches, and that took place well over a year ago now. If they do decide to bring back the concept I won't care, but if it is truly gone for good I will tell you, that I will not be losing any sleep over it.

I was never a big fan of the scramble. I like that whoever has secured the last pinfall becomes the new champion. It's a cool idea that makes things exciting, I just think all the guys should start the match at the same time. Some of the Scramble matches saved the better guys for last, and it made the entire match more lackluster. I want to see 6 guys fight for the belt for half an hour, not add somebody new every few minutes so one guy only gets to be in the match for like, two seconds. It's just never really been all that believable, but just like the Fatal 4-Way match, or really any multiple contender match, it's a good way of getting a mid-carder the World Championship, because you would never want them to win cleanly against a main eventer, right? Right!?! Sheamus could never ACTUALLY beat John Cena, right?

Everybody remember when Brian Kendrick was the "WWE Champion" for about a few minutes?

Anyways, I think it'd be cool at NOC. It takes 20 minutes for the match, which most main events take. You have a 3 hour PPV. 2 scrambles take about 40 minutes. Then you have 5 other championships to contend (if you REALLY want the Women's and Diva's championships on the same card..) The women's matches are usually short, about 5ish minutes. About 13 minutes for the midcard titles each and about 10 for the tag team. Then add the time of entrances, I think WWE can manage to have 2 scrambles in one night.

I see the matches like this-

WWE Championship- Sheamus vs Cena vs Orton vs DiBiase* vs Barrett
WHC- Kane vs Swagger vs Kofi vs Christian vs Undertaker/Mysterio**

*That's right, I said Ted Dibiase. They need to push him into this match (he doesn't have to win) to keep some credibility up. If he's fighting for the US title now, he'll be looked at as a midcarder, where as he needs to be right in between MC and ME star.

**Provided Taker should be back. And if he is, Mysterio most likely is taking time off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back