WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER, WHEN THIS HQ RUNS WILD ON YOU! The Hulk Hogan HQ

Discussion in 'Campaigning Headquarters' started by Stormtrooper, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Championship Contender

There are 22 HQs already made before this OP. How in the blue hell has there NOT been one for the GREATEST PRO WRESTLER OF ALL TIME?!

[​IMG]

Hulk Hogan was not only the biggest star in the WWE during the 80's, and into the early 90's, but he was the backbone behind the global expansion of the WWF/WWE.

[​IMG]

After leaving WWF/WWE, he jumped to WCW in 1994, and immediately became arguably the top star in that company throughout the duration of his employment there. He also was a founding member of one of the greatest factions of all time during his run. And if that's not enough, he was able to completely change his character in 1996, and go from the most loved wrestler, to the most hated.

And just when you thought he was done...... GUESS AGAIN!

[​IMG]

Then in 2002, as an old man, he returned to WWE, where he won yet another World Championship and a Tag Team Championship (with Edge, ironically his only Major North American championship ever to not be a Worlds title). Then, after being inducted in the Hall of Fame in 2005, he spent parts of 2005 and 2006 making sporadic appearances, where he thwarted Shawn Michaels and Randy Orton (both of which at least 20 years his junior, and full-time performers).

Note how WWF/WWE was #1 while Hogan was there in his first run, and then when Hogan was on top in WCW, he built them into the #1 promotion.. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

Hulk Hogan is the greatest of all time, so come one, come all, and support the ONLY man that SHOULD be the winner of this tournament, The Immortal Hollywood Hulk Hogan.

Theo Mays likes this.
  2. Disturbed

Disturbed Championship Contender

3. Stormtrooper

[YOUTUBE]jYianjh8l5k[/YOUTUBE]

Start it at 12:35.

4. Disturbed

Disturbed Championship Contender

Of course Hogan would win. It is because he was making a return and Hogan always wins when he returns. If HBK were to return now, he would win whatever match he was put in unless it was a championship match like Jerry Lawler.

5. Stormtrooper

actually, HBK would probably lose, much like he did in seemingly all the time in the past 5 years.

And who cares why a guy won. The only reason Hogan won is because he put HBKs shoulders down to the mat for a count of 3. You can make all the excuses you want. Hogan won the match legit, and anything Hogan did in the 80's OR the 90's trumps HBKs entire career.

6. The Doctor

The Doctor Great and Devious

This thread needs more posts. Hogan has my backing throughout most of the tournament.

7. shattered dreams

shattered dreams Hexagonal Hedonist

Hulk Hogan deserves to win the tournament. The man that went years in his prime without even being able to be put down for 4 seconds lost to the infamous sit upz argument last year in a last man standing match. Also he can fucking climb up something you smark idiots.

8. Stormtrooper

yes, this thread needs more posts. Sadly, since there is little to no doubt that Hogan should win, nobody is posting in here.
    there is literally no match that Hogan CAN'T win. And the Climbing thing is nonsense. Hogan won cage matches, and power guys have had good showings in ladder matches (Kane, Taker, even Big Show competed in a ladder match).

Hulk Hogan was the greatest in 1 era, built then entire industry, then went and became a different companies top guy by completely changing his character. He's versatile, and he's awesome, and he just doesn't lose.

Hogan wins.

9. Theo Mays

Theo Mays Part Time Poster

Fucking. Love. Hulk. Hogan. Plus he tweeted me not that long ago and that was totally awesome. Hogan and Hart are pretty much the only two guys I'll care about this year. And while Hart is my all time favorite, he was won this thing. It's a shame the Hulkster has never won. Plus people seem to have a heavy hatred for Hulk and the gimmicky matches tend to be his farewell. Hopefully that isn't the case this year and Hulkamania gets to run wild.

10. TheOneBigWill

TheOneBigWill [This Space for Rent]

Yes, you can..

+

Hulk Hogan has lost convincingly to guys such as; the Undertaker, Lex Luger, Roddy Piper, the Big Show (Giant), Sting and most importantly.. Brock Lesnar and the Ultimate Warrior. Infact, in the only two meetings they have (Warrior/Hogan) - Hogan had to cheat simply to get a half-assed victory. And don't even make me find the slaughter video of Lesnar/Hogan.

Does this mean by wrestling logic if they meet in this thing, Hogan should always lose?

Hulk Hogan has always made runs in every one of these tournaments, and outside of the knockout because "he can't climb" arguments have come into play before - the fact is, Hogan gets too much credit just because he became a hugely popular name in this Company.

He's been defeated, convincingly, by guys much 'less' through media-relations than he is. It's very possible that someone such as Shawn Michaels, or a Brock Lesnar, or Warrior, or anyone else - could defeat him.

The ever-tiring broken record of "Hogan made Wrestling, he should always win" has been over played and because of that.. I'd rather back the "he can't climb" ******ed arguments everytime, than ever consider jumping on the "he made wrestling, he should always win" band wagon.

Since I brought it up and you mentioned it here, I need to add in my thoughts of it.

Anyone who plays with the "he can't climb" argument, or the "it's a Ultimate X/MITB/Ladder/etc high-wire specialty match" is foolish. Hulk Hogan, in his 'prime' has not only climbed out of Cages - but done so in a quick manner. Watch the Boss Man/Hogan match, from the Greatest Saturday Night's Main Event DVD and see what he looks like in a Cage.

However, to say Hogan is as agile as someone like Kane, Taker or Big Show is equally as foolish. For starters, Hogan has a completely different build than any of them - and Big Show, is NOT good in ladder matches. He's slow, and to my knowledge never won one. (if he has, it's been a Tag team one, and his partner 'won' the match for their team) So he's a very bad example.

11. Stormtrooper

You did a hell of a job taking what I said out of context, Will.

Both of these were in reply to a post about Shawn Michaels being better then Hogan. I said Hogan won that particular match legit, which is undeniable fact, as HBK clearly had his shoulders on the mat for a count of 3.

You did a great job of twisting my words there, Will.

The topic I was discussing was gimmick matches, and I said that there's no match he CAN'T win.

And of course he's lost to those people, the WCW guys he was a heel at the time, and they lose occasionally (not to mention no one goes undefeated). Hogan has also beaten those guys before (aside from Lesnar, whom he fought at the end of his career)

Yes, anyone COULD defeat anyone, that's the joy of professional wrestling. HOWEVER, Hogan could defeat them also. People act like Hogan is a shit wrestler or something, and that's bullshit. Hulk Hogan is the greatest professional wrestler ever. There's no doubting that.

So you'd rather back an argument that is not only completely incorrect, but as you said "******ed"? Will, come on, man. You're better then that.

And Hogan shouldn't always win. As you said (and I've agreed wholeheartedly), everyone loses occasionally. I'm saying it's sad that he's lost the first 4 of these things.

Agreed.

Of course he isn't as agile as those guys. He never had to be. I was just comparing them as big-men who have won ladder matches. And no, Big Show has never won a ladder match, but he has been in them before, and has had decent showings in them. Again, comparing these people was used to counteract the whole "he can't climb" bullshit.

12. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Pretty sure Hogan should win one of these at some point. No better time they now.

13. Hulkamaniac

Hulkamaniac Vote Hogan, Savage, Rocky and Thesz

I see OBW is starting his anti-Hogan campaign IN Hogan's campaign headquarters this year. Gotta admire his balls on that one.

I'm trying to find last year's WZ Tournament, anyone know where to find it? COuldn't find it in the Archive section.

Anyway, though, definitely Hogan FTW. Kayfabe or non-kayfabe, he's simply...