what would you invasion been like?

bigjd691

Dark Match Jobber
Hey everyone i been wondering if we the fans had written the invasion angle what would it have been like you can use any roster and put them any where and make either team heel or baby

i would have made it wwf vs wcw vs ecw

i would of had wcw invade raw at some point i would have booker t sting ric flair goldberg ddp start the invasion for the wcw guys then when wwf are recooprating from the attack i would have ecw attack the wwf and i would chooser raven taz rvd and the dudleys to start it for them then vince come out the next monday eing pist off about whats going on and demanding to know eric bishoff comes out from the gurella position and talk trash aying you killed my creation and then id have paul heyman come out in the crowd saying how both of them killed his creation id have them feud for the next couple of months id have all the titles include and my champions would be

wwf stone cold
inc ddp
wwf tag kane and undrtaker
euro Christian
hardcore raven

wcw the rock
us edge
wcw the hardys

ecw taz
ecw tv rvd
ecw tag the dudleys

wwf light/wcw crusier x pac

for the final match i would have team wwf stone cold the rock the brothers of destruction kurt angle vs team wcw booker t sting ric flair goldberg ddp vs team ecw raven taz rvd and the dudleys of course id have team wwf win and the next night on raw he would order all the champions come down to the ring and announce at the next ppv will be night of champions unifaction type ppv

wwf title match austin vs angle winner austin
wcw title match the rock vs jericho winner jericho
ecw title match taz vs rhino winner taz
wwf title vs wcw title vs ecw title winner jericho
inc vs us winner edge
wwf tag vs wcw tag vs ecw tag the dudleys
ecw tv vs hardcore winner rvd

what would you guys have?

There was a columnist...I forget who...on insidepulse who totally rewrote the Invasion angle. It was actually pretty good and IIRC ended with the unveiling of Eric Bischoff as Raw GM.

If it were me, I would have waited until I could get some bigger WCW names, like Flair and Goldberg. If that meant the actual invasion would have to wait for a year or so, then so be it. I would probably have some build up though, like the wcw wrestlers getting disgruntled and staging a mutiny of some sort.

Another thing I would have done differently was make it shorter. The actual invasion angle would be about a month or two. The meat of the storyline would be the aftermath.

Aftermath? "What do you mean?" you might ask. Well I would keep Flair's return the same. Flair gets 50% ownership.

However when the brand extension comes, I would either give Flair/WCW Smackdown while Vince/WWE keeps raw and keep them warring with each other, or Raw and Smackdown become WWE exclusive while WCW gets Nitro and Saturday Night. And instead of them being completely seperate like they try to keep Raw and Smackdown, they would interact with each other. Would probably keep the Undisputed Title as well.

I think this would not only keep WCW, even if name only, but the interaction would probably be good for ratings, if done right. Take the rumor that Bret Hart is coming back to TV. I think they could really run with that.

Anyway, just the rantings of a raving wrestling fanboy who wants the product to be a little more interesting. But I think it would have potential.

Vince would never consider lending that degree of credibility to wcw who were his rivals as he would be decreasing his main wwf assets to keep wcw; I think the thread "triple h first undisputed champion" caters for my ideal invasion storyline as his defection seems more likely than that of Austin due to his steph links shame he was injured and the plot could not wait for his return. However I got to admit invasion has be One of the better more recent-ish story lines. But perhaps an extended invasion or a new revival could aid put over new talent as those loyal to wwe would want wWe stars to defeat "new/revival" wcw stars and I think that invasion should have a repeative quality

this redo of invasion with wwe eventually prevailing could perhaps show fans what a potential tna/wwe clash could lead to....... Just an idea!

First off, I would have had Sting, Goldberg, Flair, Hogan, Hall and Nash (all but 1 got hired by the WWE after the invasion so it could of happened that way if Vinnie Mac wanted to pay for them, except for maybe Sting). These were the big names from the companies that people wanted to actually see (seriously outside of RVD, DDP and Booker T who else was there for the alliance that was actually a main-eventer) they needed some real main eventers to round out the alliance, besides people want to see something like Goldberg vs. Austin (they seriously could of payed all guys mentioned above with this one match easily), not Booker T vs. the rock (who believes someone like Booker T ever had a shot against someone like the Rock, they weren't even in the same league).

Secondly I wouldn't of had the McMahons at the forefront of the angle, I would of had Heyman and Bischoff on 1 side and Vince McMahon on the other, I still would of teamed up ECW and WCW, but I feel alot was lost on the angle because it was Shane who owned WCW and Steph who owned ECW, it just didn't fit.

Thirdly the ECW/WCW side would NOT of had Angle or Austin, the biggest issue I had with the Invasion was the ECW/WCW side was mostly WWE wrestlers who for some reason decided to go with ECW/WCW (in the last match at survivor series only Booker T and RVD were from WCW and ECW, the rest were just WWE wrestlers with Shane, Austin and Angle rounding out the Alliance side). It should of been the REAL WCW/ECW vs. WWE, that above all else would of made the angle much better.

Lastly, the WCW/ECW guys never looked like they had a chance (the only times they looked credible was when Austin and Angle went to the Alliance, otherwise they looked like a bunch of bums). They should of been made to look real strong (maybe even having someone like Goldberg become WWE champ for a little bit) and they should of been booked to actually look like a credible threat so people actually thought that they may have a chance to beat the WWE (like the nWo angle), I didn't buy for 1 second that the Alliance had a chance (for reasons already mentioned). I mean 90% of them was beating on WWE midcarders, the main eventers never looked weak the entire time and only a few mid-carders actually looked good (RVD is the only one who really comes to mind).

I could go on for a while but there are just a few things I would of done differently

I would've waited for the bigger WCW names to come into the company like Nash, Stiener, Goldber and Flair. It would've been better off with WCW on the shelf for a year and have the big names than have Booker T and the gimp Alliance that we had to see. Austin vs Goldberg...that would've been a great finale match.

i keep thinking about it and keep having infinite possibilities at how great this angle could have been. but instead, i'll tell you how WWE could've not made this angle suck:

even though the Alliance concept sucked, instead of having Austin turn heel and join, they should've had the Rock and not have Shane McMahon as the "owner". they should have had Bischoff come in on a real "invasion" like work shoot. Austin was getting steam back especially a week or so before the PPV. the Rock could've "sold out" because he wasn't asked to be a part of the Inaugural Brawl, have the Rock be presented as the WCW champion and have WCW as a "brand" with the Rock as the main face or have them keep fighting like they did. don't kill the angle at the Survivor Series though. have it last through until HHH is finally healthy because WCW with the Rock, Booker T, DDP and hell this is the only part i'd change cause they'd need another 2-3 big WCW name (Goldberg, Steiner, etc.) WWF would be out manned. this is where Vince says he's got to rely on someone he trusts....HHH comes back as the leader of the nWo with the Outsiders! so now it's evenly matched WWF/nWo vs. WCW/ECW. Vince McMahon now seems desperate so he brings the guy who made WWF and WCW big to join team WWF: Hulk Hogan! and with Vinny Mac's hatred to put over anything not his, WCW demises after WrestleMania or so, make it all or nothing. or maybe not demises but Vince says they can't be on "WWF/E" TV so they get their own spot on Thursdays or Fridays or whatever.

It could've certainly been a lot better than it turned out to be. This is where Vince MCMahon's ego got in the way of doing smart business. I liked the idea of having 3 different brands, WWF, WCW and ECW. And I didn't mind having ECW and WCW join into The Alliance. However here are a couple of things that I would have done differently:

1. Have Shane and Stephanie run WCW and bring Bischoff in as the mastermind behind it a couple of months down the road.

2. Keep Paul E in charge of ECW. It made logical sense.

3. Bring in nWo in 2-3 months into the angle rather than waiting until it was all over to do it. Give WCW/ECW win at the invasion PPV. Have WWF dominate them at the next PPV. Then have Bischoff and nWo join the feud to give WCW the edge.

4. Bring Flair in but as a face. This could be a worked shoot kind of deal due to him having a great amount of heat with Bischoff.

5. Have certain WWF guys switch sides such as Jericho, Regal, Big Show.

6. Bring in Goldberg.

7. Keep Austin on WWF's side.

8. Eventually give WCW its own show (Smackdown) and have them try to compete against RAW. There are the guys I would've brought in for WCW and ECW:

WCW:
Hulk Hogan (nWo)
Kevin Nash (nWo)
Scott Hall (nWo)
Goldberg
Booker T
Ric Flair
Big Show (turned)
Chris Jericho (turned)
DDP
Kanyon
Scott Steiner
William Regal (turned)
Mike Awesome
Chuck Palumbo
Sean O'Haire
Billy Kidman
Shane Helms
Rey Mysterio
Shannon Moore
Hugh Morrus
X-Pac (turned)
Perry Saturn (turned)
Dean Malenko (turned)
Torrie Wilson
Stacy Keibler
Kimberly Page

ECW:
RVD
Raven (turned)
Tommy Dreamer
Tajiri (turned)
Taz (turned)
Dudleys (turned)
Rhino (turned)
Sandman
Balls Mahoney
Lance Storm
Justin Credible
Dawn Marie
Francine

9. Keep WCW on SD. Unite CW and LHW titles and put it on SD. Leave WWE and Intercontinental titles on RAW. Unite the tag team belts and make the champions defend it on both shows. Replace Hardcore title with ECW championship and have it be defended under hardcore/extreme rules on both shows kind of like TV used to be defended.

10. After the angle is over keep the 2 brands separate for the most part with an inter-brand match every now and then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back