What would you do with the Hype Bros?

What would you do with the Hype Bros?

• Keep/push as a team

• Keep Mojo, fire Zack

• Keep Zack, fire Mojo

• Fire both

Results are only viewable after voting.
What would you do with the Hype Bros? They remind me of Robbie E and Robbie T in TNA a few years ago. They were a decent jobber tag team that had their funny moments. I said that they would be far better off staying as a team than splitting, neither on their own broguht much to the table, the whole was greater than the sum of its parts.

This is my exact thoughts ont he Hype Bros. The Robbies split of course and neither found much success. I can't really buy Zack or Mojo as credible singles threats. One of NXT's many great things is its tag divison, a whole plethora of tag teams! More teams is always good for a tag divison.

I'm not sure how real Breaking Ground was, but according to both of them they would want to be singles stars. Well I don't believe either could really succeed. Ryder of course had his moment but it was never going to last in my opinion.

What do you all think?

Honestly, for now I'd just keep them as a team in NXT, and I'd probably keep them there for a while. I see some potential in these guys but they need a ton of work if they ever want to be seen as any sort of threat to the titles on the main roster or even in NXT.

Like you, I don't see a sustainable singles push working out for either of these guys so the best bet is to keep them tagging in my opinion. Mojo and Zack aren't terrible talents. If they can continue to develop their gimmick, they have a chance to make a name for themselves in NXT once teams like Enzo and Cass and Chad and Gable move up. They need a ton of polish still though.

Zack Ryder's proven he can't really do much on the main roster, he got over as an internet meme/joke, but once they actually pushed him, people seriously didn't care.

I feel like Mojo is probably in a similar boat, the hype gimmicks a bit too much, and gets old super fast, I was like ahhh! that's cool, then 2 weeks later, I was already a bit sick of it.

I'm a fan of having lots of "filler" tag teams on your roster. IMO this is what the Hype Bros are. They'd be Too cool 2.0 in my tag team division.

I would like to see them as a NxT tag team. Hype Bros are just ok in NxT but have no place at the main roster according to me. You neednot fire either of this duo.

As for singles career of both the guys, I was never sold on Zack Ryder and therefore i am interested in neither of them for singles career. :shrug:

:devil:

Personally I like them. Different characters but bring energy which is always good to have in a match. I think the story is easily there to elevate Mojo into the main roster or whatever. Obviously Zack isn't the biggest fan of Mojo all of the time so somewhere down the line Zack will turn on Mojo and a feud will eventually stem from that. It will probably happen in NXT and it will likely be the last singles story for Ryder, which is kind of sad. That is down the line though.

Will Mojo end up anywhere as a singles guy on the main roster (if he does make it at all). I can't see it. Not because he is bad at all but just because there is simply better wrestlers out there that can do what he does and more. As a team I can see them winning the gold somewhere down the line, maybe at the end of the year. NXT is stacked with teams though so the chance of them getting more than 1 reign is slim in my eyes. They aren't the greatest team, nor the greatest singles competitors but that doesn't mean I wouldn't mind seeing a match of theirs every now and then.

Reality is they are taking the spot that would have been Blake & Murphy's had there not been the legal fckup on Blake's part.

They work in a way that they can also bring up Gable & Jordan as their counter team and hopefully build a rivalry between them that gets both over, but mainly G&J as they'll be the next "hopes" for the division. "Stay Hyped" vs "Ready Willing & Gable" is an interesting hook - could see all 4 being big parts of the Andre Battle Royale at Mania...

It's interesting that Enzo and Cass seem to be no nearer... but I guess they are too valuable as heaters for NXT crowds at the moment.

Mojo Rawley is instant "Turn the channel" for me. Overbearing loudmouth douchebags that think they're funny and awesome when they're not weren't fun to be around in high school, college, or after college. I think Zack is good to use for enhancement on the developmental roster, but that's about it

Mojo Rawley has been in NXT nearly 5 years and has achieved practically sod all, fire him... Same with Zack Ryder, he is a career mid card jobber, always has been, always will be.

I love me some Hype Bros. They are definitely good enough to be more regularly featured, and have great crowd interaction in there matches, which I think is lacking by some NXT talents. With that being said, they shouldn't be much more than jobbers to the stars right now. Both guys are credible enough and work well enough as a team to be a legitimate threat, and beating them should carry some weight. The Hype Bros. should beat the lower level or thrown together teams, be competitive with the mid-level teams (and sometimes win), but rarely beat teams like Enzo and Cass and Dash and Dawson.

Once a team like Enzo and Cass is called to the main roster, I think that would leave a good void for the Hype Bros. to fill. They're fun babyfaces who can get the crowd behind then and have the fun call-and-response chant during their matches. So the best thing would be to take it slow with them, and let them naturally move up once the higher profile teams go to the main roster.

Possibly controversial statement: I'd take the Hype Bros. any day over the Vaudvillains.

I'd get rid of both of them, there's just no real future for either one of them that I can see.

Rawley has been in NXT for going on 3 years and is no closer to making it to the main roster now than he was when he first debuted; the guy's another failed football player who figures he could make a comparatively easy living being a pro wrestler and he's just not all that good at it in my opinion. Rawley's last singles feud, if I remember correctly, was against Bull Dempsey and he lost both matches he had against him; Dempsey is gone from NXT so if he wasn't any sort of a priority, then I doubt Rawley is any higher up on the list.

As for Zack Ryder, the bloom is off the rose and, truth be told, it probably has been for quite a long time. Zack Ryder is a pretty talented guy, don't get me wrong, but I just don't see him going any further in WWE than he's already gone. He had a run as one half of the WWE Tag Team Champions for two months and some change during the summer of '08 and he had a cup of coffee as United States Champion in very late 2011 to very early 2012 and that's been pretty much it. This may will mark nine years since Ryder made his main roster debut with Curt Hawkins and he's gone from being low to mid-card jobber on the main roster to tag team jobber on WWE's developmental roster; if that doesn't signal that he's gone as far as he has then I don't know what else will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back