What is the greatest dynamic duo in NBA history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show

Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic and Kareem teamed up to win five NBA Championships in the '80s (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988) as the Lakers reached the NBA Finals eight times in the 10 seasons between 1979-80 and 1988-89.

Larry Bird and Kevin McHale
Larry Bird and Kevin McHale led the Celtics back to glory, winning three NBA Championships in the 1980s (1981, 1984 and 1986) with two more trips to the NBA Finals (1985 and 1987) during their playing days together.

Bill Russell and Bob Cousy
Russell and Cousy helped built the Boston Celtics dynasty of the '50s and '60s. As Russell held down the defensive end, Cousy ran the offense leading the league in assists for eight consecutive seasons. The two teamed up for six NBA Championships before Cousy retired; Russell would go on to win five more.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and their Bulls teammates dominated the '90s as Chicago "three-peated" two times during the decade, winners of six of the eight championships from 1991-98 against five different Western Conference teams.

Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson
In 1970-71, Abdul-Jabbar, then Lew Alcindor, and Robertson led the Bucks to a league-best 66 wins before going 12-2 in the playoffs and defeating Baltimore for the team's only NBA Title.

John Stockton and Karl Malone
Stockton, the NBA's all-time assists leader, and Malone, who ranks second all-time on the NBA's career scoring list, spent 18 seasons honing their pick-and-roll, making the playoffs every year they played together and reaching the Western Conference Finals five times in a seven-year stretch.

Julius Erving and Moses Malone
The 1983 Sixers racked up a 65-17 regular-season record before going an NBA-best 12-1 in the playoffs. Malone uttered the classic "Fo', fo', fo'," when asked how the Sixers would fare in the playoffs. This duo nearly delivered as the team swept New York, beat Milwaukee in five and defeated the L.A. Lakers in four straight.

Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant
Shaq and Kobe gave to Tinseltown what the Showtime Lakers never could: A dynasty. Behind O'Neal and Bryant, the Lakers three-peated from 2000-02 to become only the fourth team in the history of the NBA to win three or more consecutive titles.

Tim Duncan and David Robinson
In 1996-97, before Tim Duncan's arrival and with David Robinson out with injury, the Spurs managed only 20 victories. In Duncan's rookie season the club set a record for the largest single season turnaround, winning 56 games. The two would go on to win two NBA Championships (1999 and 2003).

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars
Thomas and Dumars teamed in the backcourt for the "Bad Boys" of Detroit, a group of physical, gritty players who would use suffocating defense on their way to back-to-back NBA Championships in 1989 and 1990.

Looking back at the history of the NBA there has been some great duos. But looking at this list I have to say the best was when it Jordan and Pippen as Pippen was the sidekick that MJ needed to succeed. The wont 6 NBA championships and had two three peats. But looking at the times each decade really had that duo that made their teams great and every duo you look at has won a a championship. So what your pick or do you want to add a new duo like Wade and Shaq, McGrady and Yao, or Duncan & Parker?

I'll go with MJ and Scottie, Six rings!! OMG... For me, there is Basketball Before Jordan and after Jordan.. Right now you have to add Duncan and Tony Parker (Brand new NBA champs...) and this is just the beginning for the duo.

Very difficult question. I'd love to say Bird & McHale considering how big a Celtics fan I am, but I just can't. Despite all of the Bulls rings as well, theres only one duo that can truly lay claim to being the best and that is Shaq & Kobe. What more could you ask for? You've got the quick man who scores so many times in a game that you get dizzy and is without a doubt one of the greatest players of all time, then you've got another legend in Shaq who plays the perfect counterpart to Kobe's agility with his sheer size and great defensive abilities. It just matches perfectly. MJ & Pippen were magnificent, but it always felt very uneven. Don't get me wrong, Pippen was a great ballplayer, but he was nowhere near MJ's skill(then again who is?).

It just doesn't get more menacing then facing Shaq & Kobe. Thats my take on it. Never have two guys hated eachother more and played better together then these two Hall of Famers for sure.

Shaq and Kobe gave to Tinseltown what the Showtime Lakers never could: A dynasty. Behind O'Neal and Bryant, the Lakers three-peated from 2000-02 to become only the fourth team in the history of the NBA to win three or more consecutive titles.

Dude

what are you smoking?

Showtime not a dynasty? I'm not sure what you're watching but last time I checked 5 titles in less then a decade is a dynasty.

Haha well i will let "what am i smoking" slide this time but i didnt write this up i actually took it from NBA.com and they wrote that sho if you want to ask what someone is smoking aske NBA.com. Though I was surprised by that saying as well. Its like would you call the Spurs a dynasty if they have yet to win back to back titles? Just throwing it out there.

I have to go with Stockton/Malone, never before have two players meshed so well as those two, there's a reason Stockton holds the assist record, and it's Malone.

I have to go with Stockton/Malone, never before have two players meshed so well as those two, there's a reason Stockton holds the assist record, and it's Malone.

yes they could of meshed so well but they never did win an nba championship so i couldnt call them the best duo in nba history i would have to go with jordan/pippen because there 6 championships

The duo IMO who is the greatest dynamic duo in NBA history is Scottie Pippen and Mike Jordan.

6 rings is too good to pass up especially when you had Charles Barkley, David Robinson, Hakeem and Patrick Ewing. 4 hall of famers right there playing in the same league and to get it done 6 times is a phenomenal feat. They worked together the best and that's why they are the greatest dynamic duo in the history of the NBA.

Magic Johnson and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Magic and Kareem teamed up to win five NBA Championships in the '80s (1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988) as the Lakers reached the NBA Finals eight times in the 10 seasons between 1979-80 and 1988-89.

Larry Bird and Kevin McHale
Larry Bird and Kevin McHale led the Celtics back to glory, winning three NBA Championships in the 1980s (1981, 1984 and 1986) with two more trips to the NBA Finals (1985 and 1987) during their playing days together.

Bill Russell and Bob Cousy
Russell and Cousy helped built the Boston Celtics dynasty of the '50s and '60s. As Russell held down the defensive end, Cousy ran the offense leading the league in assists for eight consecutive seasons. The two teamed up for six NBA Championships before Cousy retired; Russell would go on to win five more.

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen
Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and their Bulls teammates dominated the '90s as Chicago "three-peated" two times during the decade, winners of six of the eight championships from 1991-98 against five different Western Conference teams.

Abdul-Jabbar and Oscar Robertson
In 1970-71, Abdul-Jabbar, then Lew Alcindor, and Robertson led the Bucks to a league-best 66 wins before going 12-2 in the playoffs and defeating Baltimore for the team's only NBA Title.

John Stockton and Karl Malone
Stockton, the NBA's all-time assists leader, and Malone, who ranks second all-time on the NBA's career scoring list, spent 18 seasons honing their pick-and-roll, making the playoffs every year they played together and reaching the Western Conference Finals five times in a seven-year stretch.

Julius Erving and Moses Malone
The 1983 Sixers racked up a 65-17 regular-season record before going an NBA-best 12-1 in the playoffs. Malone uttered the classic "Fo', fo', fo'," when asked how the Sixers would fare in the playoffs. This duo nearly delivered as the team swept New York, beat Milwaukee in five and defeated the L.A. Lakers in four straight.

Tim Duncan and David Robinson
In 1996-97, before Tim Duncan's arrival and with David Robinson out with injury, the Spurs managed only 20 victories. In Duncan's rookie season the club set a record for the largest single season turnaround, winning 56 games. The two would go on to win two NBA Championships (1999 and 2003).

Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars
Thomas and Dumars teamed in the backcourt for the "Bad Boys" of Detroit, a group of physical, gritty players who would use suffocating defense on their way to back-to-back NBA Championships in 1989 and 1990.

Looking back at the history of the NBA there has been some great duos. But looking at this list I have to say the best was when it Jordan and Pippen as Pippen was the sidekick that MJ needed to succeed. The wont 6 NBA championships and had two three peats. But looking at the times each decade really had that duo that made their teams great and every duo you look at has won a a championship. So what your pick or do you want to add a new duo like Wade and Shaq, McGrady and Yao, or Duncan & Parker?

Tough to answer the question since some of the duos I didn't see because of my life time or when I'm a baby. However, from my life time that i have seen my favorite duos of course well you can call me bias(I'm a Bulls fan btw.) I guess is MJ and Pip. The duos who compliment each other can't win with other and don't forget the supporting cast who step up when they need them.

Great moment man I missed those moments :(

Theres no way you can go against Jordan and Pippen they have 6 rings in one decade thats ridiculous especially against the competition they went up against, amazing absolutely amazing. Shaq and Kbe possibly could have gotten to 6 but that fell apart so we will never know what could have been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back