What Is Rusev Day?

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by Glacier, May 9, 2018.

1. Glacier

Glacier Pre-Show Stalwart

Somehow I missed this and have never figured it out.

Where did "Rusev Day" come from and what does it mean?

His partner is not last name of Day so I cant figure it out.

I even see Rusev Day T-shirts, which means it is a pretty big deal.

In fact, I saw the Impractical Jokers in the audience at an event and
    Q had on a Rusev Day T-shirt.

2. TakeTheSting

TakeTheSting Dark Match Winner

I think its about the dumbest thing ever created, and for tge life of me cant see how it caught on.

3. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

[YOUTUBE]I6QSZDkQei8[/YOUTUBE]

The birth of Rusev Day. It all started with Rusev's squash at Summerslam.

Happy Rusev Day.

4. d_henderson1810

d_henderson1810 Mid-Card Championship Winner

What is Rusev Day?

Yesterday was Rusev Day. Today is Rusev Day. Tomorrow, and every day after it is Rusev Day.

Every day is RUSEV DAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

5. Macho Mans Beard

Macho Mans Beard 'The Bringer of Rain'

First off:
    HAPPY RUSEV DAY TO EVERYONE!!! MACHKA!!!!!!!

Second:
    The fact that you dont celebrate Rusev Day shows me that you are out of touch with the Western Civilized World.

Rusev Day is more important than:
    Stormy Daniels
    The Russia Probe
    North Korea
    The List of Jericho
    Liberal Thinking

In fact people who celebrate Rusev Day (everyday) are 6 times more likely to have sex, win the lottery and survive a Shark Attack. It is also known to get me out of 2 traffic tickets.

Rusev Day will be a beacon for hope and will end of World hunger. It is written in the 'Book of Rusev' which happens to be released May 11, 2018. Which just happens to be RUSEV DAY!!!!!!

6. King Patrick Star

King Patrick Star K. O. T. R. 2007 -€“ Team Undisputed

You are 4 out of 5. Nothing is more important that the List Of Jericho. Just for typing that up and posting...IT, YOU JUST MADE THE LIST!! Drink it in MMMMAAAANNNN!!

7. Ceen

Ceen Occasional Pre-Show

It started as a heel catchphrase
    As Orton destroyed Rusev Day, everyday is gonna be it. And like Bad News, Yes Yes/No No, The List or Wyatt, it became organically over. Let’s see if that works out and the boss wants to push it

8. HeyYo

HeyYo Occasional Pre-Show

He's just an updated version of Nikolai Volkoff.

9. Jack-Hammer

Jack-Hammer YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
    Staff Member Moderator

Rusev Day is just one of these strange things that modern wrestling fans, many of whom I suspect are undiagnosed ADHD cases, just latch onto. It doesn't make any sense but it's something they focus on and that's really all WWE, or any wrestling company for that matter, can as for sometimes. It's also on the verge of taking its place along side "What?" in that it's one of those annoying chants that fans do when they're bored or, as is sometimes the case, just to be doing it.

10. George Steele's Barber

George Steele's Barber Advertise Here $9.95/month

I sort of remember a backstage skit with Rusev, English, and New Day where Rusev Day was born. Maybe that was after the segment above. My memory isn't that clear on the matter.

To me Rusev Day is very clear. He is saying that everyday is for him and about him. Everyday is his day. Simple heel stuff driven by ego. It has caught on somewhat because vocal fans want more for Rusev than they feel that he is getting. There is also fear that he is going to leave if he isn't treated better and fans like him enough to stand up for him. It is also just kind of fun.

stingray11214 likes this.
  11. LibSuperstar

LibSuperstar Occasional Pre-Show

It's been chanted at non-WWE shows too. You're right it's just fun. People like what they like.

12. JoeFromTomsRiver

JoeFromTomsRiver Championship Contender

It makes no sense, it's dumb. It's just like New Day and their pancake thing. Total absurdity.

13. Spidey

Spidey Should've Reinstated The Fox
    E-Fed Mod

Those that don't get Rusev Day are probably flabbergasted by memes. It is a wrestling catchphrase that's just as silly as "You Just Made The List" and "You Can't See Me" yet arguably more fun to chant. It's a self-centered, comical thing for him to say, and the fact he has his own personal singing manager doing it all for him makes it funnier.

It's not meant to be taken seriously, which is why it got over. Just like New Day. It's okay to have some silliness.

14. JoeFromTomsRiver

JoeFromTomsRiver Championship Contender

"You just made the list" means "you pissed me off , now you're on my list". The phrase "you're on my sh*t list" has been around forever.

"You can't see me" means I'm so much better than you that you can't even see me. It's dumb but there is a point.

I don't think these were good comparisons to "Rusev Day".

15. Spidey

Spidey Should've Reinstated The Fox
    E-Fed Mod

It's literally them telling the fans that every day belongs to Rusev, because in Rusev's mind he's a big deal. Hence the catchphrase.

How is that not a good comparison to all the other silly catchphrases? Just as vague if you don't watch wrestling. If I guy came at me saying "You can't see me!" I'll think he's a fucking idiot, and I watch Cena.

16. Kodo Sawaki

Kodo Sawaki Championship Contender

Does it really matter? Fans chant stupid stuff all day and something stays on. Fans feel Rusev is wasted in WWE and as soon as they think something as "Rusev Day" it gets over because they want to support him. Happens in entertainment all the time, Ethan Van Sciver thought of "Soylo a Soy Wars Story" to make fun of a new Star Wars movie and it caught on. Doesnt need to have much sense to work if you have enough people behind it. Heck, little show called "Rick and Morty" gets their fans to chant stupid stuff like "I am Pickle Rick" and "Wuba Duba Lub Lub" all day along.