What is in the future for Seth Rollins?

Discussion in '[Hidden] World Wrestling Entertainment' started by mkw1962, Feb 9, 2018.

1. mkw1962

mkw1962 Getting Noticed By Management

I just noticed something and wanted your quick opinions on it. What is in the future for Seth, I was surprised he was not in a Elimination Chamber qualifying match. He is not in the Tag Team picture for now, with Jason Jordan out there is no angle for a feud there. Roman is in the Universal Title picture and Dean is out til August, so no Shield. Does anybody have any ideas or opinions on this, or does anybody know what's in the near future for Seth leading to Wrestlemania.

2. Vintage Punk

Vintage Punk Pre-Show Stalwart

Not sure how far along Samoa Joe is but if close I'd have some angle with him and Rollins. Of course a heel turn for Ambrose should come against Rollins when Ambrose can return.

Otherwise I think ultimately they should have a IC title ladder match at Mania with Miz, Rollins, Elias, Strowman, Balor, Hardy. You could also substitute in Samoa Joe or Jeff Hardy if they're healthy as I haven't checked on their time table to return. These guys don't have much going on since you're gonna have Lesnar v Reigns, AJ vs Nakamura, probably Zayn vs Owens (with possibility of Shane and DB in that match), women's titles, tag team titles, etc.

If Miz is defending against someone else or one of those guys and the rest are left with no storylines, then I'd have a Dual branded Money in the Bank ladder match with 3 Raw guys and 3 Smackdown guys. In weeks leading up, I'd have qualifying matches for the right to be in that match. A ladder match with Rollins, Balor, Elias, Dillinger, Ziggler, and Rusev would be pretty sweet and might be next best match on the card that isn't AJ vs Nakamura. Hell, if not MITB match, introduce the Hardcore title back. It would be interesting because you could see maybe someone from Raw make a surprise appearance over at Smackdown and take the title off them or vice versa since it would be defended anytime. Have fun with it

3. FromGlasgow

FromGlasgow Championship Contender

I know people hate to hear this but the guy is too much of an injury risk to the roster, Personally I would say he has to prove himself with the wrestlers safety now for about 4 or 5 years before any substantial push again. Injured people too often.

Ethelion likes this.
  4. GOOZEKING

GOOZEKING Getting Noticed By Management

I think after the shake up and with the universal title being on raw full time we are gonna see guys like balor, Rollins, Braun all have a high chance of being world champ this year

5. Jeff Deliverer of Mail

Jeff Deliverer of Mail Money for nothin, chicks for free
    E-Fed Mod

I think Matt Hardy is going to make Seth see the light. He will become Woken Seth Rollins. If not that wacky angle than a simple heel turn will do, he was more interesting as the slimy bad guy, cheating to win.

6. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

I’m just waiting for him to go to Smackdown and then I believe he will become World Champ again. He is one of my favourite singles act on the roster and I love everything about him as a superstar. He can talk, he can wrestle and he can play both heel and face, what kore would you want? I think he did a great job with his world title run and I would love to see him get another one. I don’t know why but you (I) just seem to associate SD with the talent and Raw with the soap, so Rollins would be a good fit for SD. Have him feud with AJ Styles, Nakamura and Sami Zayn. Make people excited to see him by booking those matches and putting on classics. Ideally I rather him heel but he does a good job as a face so either/either.

He could even feud with Rusev! Just send him to the blue brand and all will be good.

7. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D. Kamehamehaaaaa!!

Seth Rollins just has bad luck when it comes to Wrestlemania. He missed Wrestlemania 32, he almost missed 33 and now his first penciled opponent, Ambrose, will miss WM 34 and his second penciled opponent, Jordan, will also miss WM 34.

So Rollins is currently left with no opponent for Wrestlemania, however all signs point that he might be added on the IC championship match or work a match with Kurt Angle.

I think the future is bright for Seth Rollins, he's like the son of Edge and CM Punk in many ways. He's a fine talker, a damn good worker and has world champion written all over his face.

I think he has a bright and long future ahead of him and we still haven't seen his best work.

8. JoeMallard

JoeMallard Getting Noticed By Management

Put him in a triple threat against Miz and Balor. After Mania do a build with Balor and The Club that would lead to a Club vs Shield match somewhere down the road.

9. @smarkmouth

@smarkmouth Friendly Neighborhood

We've spent a better part of the year assuming that the main event of WrestleMania 31 is going to be revisited for 34. Well, what if that's accurate? The main event of 31 was built as Reigns vs Lesnar, but technically the main event was Reigns vs Lesnar vs Seth Rollins.

It would be a pretty simple story to build on short notice, and I have to hope that my humble suggestion got your imagination moving on how it could play out on TV. I could imagine a confrontation between Reigns and Lesnar/Heyman after Elimination Chamber, glad-handing themselves about their epic confrontation three years ago. Seth interrupts and reminds them all how that night ended, followed by him architecting™ his way into the match.

Pipe dream, I know. Whatever his place on the card is, I hope it's not one on one. Too late to build a brand new feud worthy of Mania's time. Seth's going to be shoehorned into another program, but he'll carve his own spot in it.

Hell, maybe they'll just pair him up with Ronda to take on HHH/Steph. Another easy story right there.

10. rko57

rko57 The Icon

I'm going to stick by my WrestleMania prediction of Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Samoa Joe, and The Miz facing off in a Fatal Four-Way for the Intercontinental Championship. This would be one of the best matches of the night, and give all four guys something meaningful to do. Plus, a match with that kind of star power would make the IC Title look even more important.

And tbh, this would probably be better for Rollins than his possible one-on-one match with Jason Jordan. After failing to win the IC Title at WM34, he can move to SD in the Superstar Shakeup and have a fresh start on the blue brand.

11. roipdh123

roipdh123 Getting Noticed By Management

He must go to smackdown after mania feuding with the likes of AJ, Nakamura, Ambrose (who will be drafted back) and more. A match between Shelton Benjamin / Chad Gable with Seth Rollins will be a treat.
    If we are talking only about Mania. they need to have Rollins vs Jordan. If Jordan is not avaliable, then they need to do the IC Title Ladder Match with Rollins, Miz, Balor, Elias, Woken Matt Hardy, Bray Wyatt, and possibly Jeff Hardy / Braun Strowman / Samoa Joe.

12. BigDaddyKewl

BigDaddyKewl Getting Noticed By Management

I'm sure Seth still has a bright future ahead of him. Unfortunately a lot of the Superstars get pushed aside for a lot of the part timers and legends returning for Mania. I don't expect much for him at Mania as he will probably not have a high profile match and will probably just be filler in the ladder match or the Andre Battle Royal. But after Mania I'm sure he could be a credible opponent for Roman once he wins the Universal Title. As others have mentioned he could make the jump to Smackdown and have a lot of great potential opponents and get a fresh start.

13. Logisticalbooker86

Logisticalbooker86 Pre-Show Stalwart

This. coming off his WrestleMania victory over HHH, I expected Seth Rollins to springboard back to the main event. For whatever reason, that never came close to happening. The Shield reunion fell apart almost immediately after it began, and Rollins has been in weird limbo since. Even if Jason Jordan stayed healthy, that "tag team" was awkward at best. Trade Seth to Smackdown, have him assist AJ with KO and Sami, and then have him turn on Styles. While some members of the IWC are clamoring for AJ/Nakamura, I'm not looking forward to the crowd chanting "THIS IS AWESOME" the moment AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura breathe on each other. I'm a big fan of both guys, but for some reason a one-on-one contest between the two does nothing for me. Nakamura can still beat AJ at Mania and then defend the title against Rollins while AJ takes a little break. The main event scene on SD desperately needs a spark anyway.

AJ taking a break after Mania is pure speculation on my part, but the guy has been going none stop since he arrived in WWE.

WWE, please don't make me watch the Rollins/Ambrose feud over again with the roles reversed. Those matches have been done to death.

14. Dagger Dias

Dagger Dias Natural 20
    Staff Member Super Moderator

It's really hard to say at this time. Seth is kind of stuck until after Wrestlemania. He would be much better off on Smackdown where he could feud with guys like Styles, Zayn, Owens, and Nakamura. Roman's rumored to win the Universal Championship from Brock at Wrestlemania and would probably have a lengthy reign after that, so main event is not an option on Raw for the time being. He keeps losing tag team partners to injuries and I don't want to see him challenging for the Intercontinental Championship. Maybe he can find another tag team partner in time for Wrestlemania. Cena comes to mind. If they do another Superstar Shake-Up he should go to Smackdown where there would be better opportunities. For now he just seems to be stuck which really sucks.

15. Wildcat66

Wildcat66 DELETE!

Seth's in a bad place in the absolute worst possible time. Going into WrestleMania season, you either have something planned or you don't. And in the case of Seth Rollins it seems that the wrestling gods have chosen him to get the fuzzy lollipop. A shame really considering he's still a strong wrestler and is improving on the mic.

I think what could happen next with Seth is a move to SmackDown as I personally feel he's done just about everything he can really do on RAW outside of winning the Universal title. And why not? There are so many opportunities for him there such as matches with A.J Styles, Sami Zayn, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura; even folks like Baron Corbin and Rusev would get a rub facing him.

That and I also think he needs a heel turn as the more I think about it, the more I feel he's a lot more natural as a heel than as a face.

16. Rulk25

Rulk25 Getting Noticed By Management

I would Say Seth is very low on the potential Ronda tag partners
    The order would be
    1) Rock (yeah right)
    2) Kurt
    3) Braun
    4) Cena
    5) Reigns doing double duty
    6) Rollins

17. sMark

sMark Getting Noticed By Management

Seth need a partner, Balor Club need a mouthpiece and a star as their leader, it's a perfect mass - Rollins, Balor, Gallows, Anderson as The Rollin's Club. And Bischoff as their manager figure.

18. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

As far as Wrestlemania goes.. there is stuff the Seth can do.

1) He can face the Miz for the Intercontinental Championship and have a Shield title celebration the next night, with Rollins and Reigns as RAW's champions.

2) He can find a new tag team partner and try to regain the Tag Team Championship. Potential candidates include a returning Jeff Hardy (if Matt will team with Bray), Kurt Angle, or someone from NXT, like Adam Cole baybay.

3) He can face Kurt Angle.

4) He can face Finn Balor in a Summerslam rematch and we're going to have Balor/Rollins and Styles/Nakamura on the same card.

5) He can be Ronda's partner.

6) They could do an angle with Cena, if Undertaker won't wrestle.

7) He can even try to take on The Bar on his own and have a gauntlet match with Cesaro and Sheamus.

8) He can team up with The Balor Club and face 4 heels.

Out of all of these, I pick either the Kurt Angle match or the Mixed Tag with Ronda, because you got to keep Seth Freakin Rollins at a high spot on the card. He can't be in a midcard feud. He has to do something that matters. He's the second guy that you have invested so much in, so you need him to be in a high profile match at Wrestlemania.

So if Angle can't go one-on-one, then it's the Mixed Tag. The story is there from last year. Triple H can come back for revenge, Stephanie already hates Seth, why not? Also make this a No DQs Mixed Tag, so we can get some extreme action between Rollins and the Game and maybe they can make up for the fact that their WM33 match didn't really live up to the hype. Rollins and Ronda beat them up, crowd cheers, Rollins gets publicity because of the Ronda pairing, everybody's happy.

19. Deoxyribonucleic A.C.I.D.

This was such a pefect chance for Rollins to win the Rumble and go to Smackdown and turn heel on Styles, in order to find out who the best in the company is.

But, we're getting a rushed Nakamura vs Styles match. The match will be perfect no doubt, but Nakamura isn't WWE Championship level, yet and I think it is too early for that.

20. future admin

future admin Getting Noticed By Management

Nothing really, I think his time is almost up at WWE with such a shaky knee, I mean he can't even perform the knee finisher without hurting it anymore.... Maybe a stint on the sidelines is exactly what he needs.

21. Aeon Mathix

Aeon Mathix Has Ascended

After hearing the news of Jason Jordan missing WrestleMania, I had an idea about how Seth Rollins can be utilized going forward. Even though the plan has been Reigns vs Lesnar for the Universal Championship at WrestleMania, why not add Seth Rollins into that match as well? It would still be technically a rematch from Mania 31 and would satisfy quite a lot of people groaning at the thought of Lesnar and Reigns.

I would have a double pin/elimination in the Elimination Chamber match with Reigns and Rollins, or have Reigns win and Rollins finds a way into the match. They have a great match at Mania and Rollins wins by pinning Lesnar. The next night Rollins comes out for the victory celebration and is joined by Reigns. Reigns acts like he's congratulating his brother but then snaps and destroys Rollins using the angle that twice now Rollins has robbed him of the title at the big event.