What If Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon Is No More?

Straightedge Jericoholic

Jerichoholic 4 life
We all know how Vince made WWE what it is when he acquired Capital Wrestling Co. from his father Vincent Mcmahon Sr. He has taken WWE from just a regional company and took it to International Prominence. WWE events take place in the O2 Arena in London, which no other promoter of his generation would have thought of. He made Wrestling popular. Whatever it took, he did it. When his own company was in jeopardy from WCW, he introduced the very popular Attitude Era. This was a major transition of the show from family-friendly content to an adult oriented show. He has always gone with the times and cemented his position as the best wrestling promoter you are ever gonna know hear, see or know about.
But right now he is 66 years old. His age would not allow him to appear on Television regularly. His health is not gonna get any better.
So my question is this-
What would happen in the events of Vince Mcmahon's sudden and unfortunate demise? This question is restricted purely to the WWE organisation as a whole, not what happens with his family.
How would they break the news on the actual show? We know there will be a tribute to him. But what happens next? And this question is restricted to WWE televised events only.
To the moderators-Please let me know if I have posted this thread in the wrong section. This is my first thread.

i love reading these threads....but this particular one has been done multiple times. Vincent to me is like a cockroach in the sense hes gonna be around for a looooooooooong time. he works out, is in great shape. he might not be on tv ever again at some point......but hell be there to run his mighty ship.

and even if he wasn't.
Stephanie works 14hrs a day too, and no doubt Triple H would have to be doing similar.
It's what is in there blood and will drive them to success or death from stress.

as for his health, what ill health do you know of that noone else does?
Sure physically he has some issues with his bum bone and his knees but have you ever seen him? he's still has a workout physicque and has been featured in pro fitness magazines just a few years ago. That to me sais the guy is far from unfit.
Stressed yes, losing the plot on what is entertaining no doubt. but unfit no.

66 does not mean you are old and dead. hell Ric Flair is mid 60's too and he can still go. My father has had a quadruple bypass at the age of 62 he's now 64 he's as fit as he's ever been and like other workaholics he worked 72hrs a week on average in a management/finance role.

and age is no barrier for him being on TV, when he physically can't walk on his own or is feable then yes, but til that point there is always a spot for him to make appearances. The reason he's not on TV is not cause of his age, it's as he said the Mr McMahon as a regular onscreen character is done and it's time to let others carry the load.

There would obviously be a tribute on the show, but i very much doubt his death would be used to further a storyline, the family would not allow that, whereas deaths of wrestlers sometimes are used (Eddie).

Its hard to predict what the show would contain, but i know what dirtsheet sites would contain: Alot of backstage rumors on who is really in charge, i would not be shocked to read that Shane is coming back and he hates Hunter and bla bla, basically alot of rumors pulled out of collective behinds to get clicks.

Triple H did a radio interview a few years ago(I believe with Opie and Anthony), where someone brought this sort of thing up. He said since the WWE is essentially such a huge global conglomerate right now, there's a number of contingency plans for the demise of Vince. I think as a company, it'd probably be business as usual. Creatively? Anybody's guess. Might wind up with things like the Funkasaurus. :D

Sometimes I get the feeling that WWE is loved more by people other than Mr McMahon. He's the "My Word Goes, Period!" guy and why shouldn't he be, but it'd be interesting to see how it does change.

Like has been said, he's in pretty good shape though (please remember, he'll die eventually, don't worry). I'm like a third his age and he'll probably outlive me.

One day yes he will die as all of us will!! The WWE will do just fine when that unfortunate day happens!! Trips and steph will run the company it will do just fine!! There will be a huge tribute show vinnie mac has done more for wrestling than any other promoter combined!! Hes a freaking genius and is not afraid to take chances

It wouldn't be much different from when a wrestler dies, you'd get a tribute show, you'd get a moment of silence, but the show would go on.

There's enough people behind the scenes to push the product along that the average fans won't notice the change in control.

Creative decisions and such that Vince plays with make big news on dirt sheets, but I bet that the overall flow of the show wouldn't change very much. Hell, the booking in the last few months w/ Zack Ryder and CM Shoot style promos isn't even Vince style, yet he's the head cheese right now, so in the end, I don't think the world would change.

We'd open up Raw or Smackdown with "Vincent Kennedy McMahon 1945 - 20xx" with a modest picture of him. You'd pan into King and Michael Cole(breaking kayfabe), who'd deliver the news, and then you'd probably have the family appear, Linda, Steph, Shane and Paul, and you'd get a heartfelt speech outside Kayfabe, then, like Vince would want, the show would go on. Again, it wouldn't be much different from when an active wrestler passed away.

okay you make it seem like vince mcmahon is actullay human....im not sure he is i mean come on he probably sold his soul to satan in return for living forever! (idk how that would work but oh well) :lmao: but in all seriousness if something sudden did happen to vince mcmahon the company would be 100% run by stephanie mcmahon and triple h and we would get atleast 1 full show thats cancelled for a tribute to vince mcmahon but i dont see anything happening to him all of sudden...hes in great shape and seems to be in the right mind so i think we dont have to worry

this thread again??? Really???

Obviously their would be a massive tribute, hell WWE would sell his funeral on ppv. He even wantd to have the birth of Stephanie and HHH first born on ppv, idiot.

WWE would continue to run, but without the final say of Vince on many gimmicks and storylines, things would be shaken up. Provided they kept the same formula ie one boss to confirm EVERYTHING and a team underneath of making scripts, pitching ideas and spotting talent, WWE will run smoothly as they have billions in the bank,their brand is very strong and to be honest, change is what the product needs. WWE would announce it on air and Im positive the world would stop in wrestling cirlces. Without Vince McMahon jnr, wrestling would still be only found at your local gym or high school with a crowd of 5000 considered monstrous.

The structure of the company would not change, Linda would be the "interim" President until either Steph or Shane takes over... Whatever they put in place would be in the public domain as they are a traded company, the shareholders would have to be told of the succession etc. There are enough "company guys" around, Trips, Taker, Shawn even Flair who would all take roles if needed. I don't really see Steph or Trips working as CEO, but I could see Shane doing it.

As for a tribute, sure Vince would deserve a special one, but I think it'd be more likely that they would wait till the following Wrestlemania to really do it justice. A tribute RAW wouldn't fit well...

I think in reality Vince will be carried out of WWE in a box, which is sad but at the same time it is better the devil you know...

christ Ric Flair is the last guy you would want running any day to day business for you. This guy spends his own money like it grows on trees, has racked up millions in debt to the IRS alone. No way a company would leave him in charge of a chequebook. His gyms all went bust, hell anything Flair has been associated with financially has been a disaster. You would never leave him as head booker, look what he did in WCW, freaking terrible. If Vince was to die, Stephanie and Hunter would be catering for the day to day running, Linda would be looking after the corporate end of things at WWE Headquarters. Plain and simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back