What I Like About SmackDown Live! as opposed to Raw

That N Word

Actively evolving
This Tuesday Night, Jack Swagger put over SmackDown Live! as the "A" show in WWE right now. I honestly couldn't agree more. I find myself glued to the TV when SmackDown comes on. As opposed to Raw, I find myself trying to keep myself up. Here is some things I love about SmackDown!

Opportunity-SmackDown has been the land of opportunity lately. Right now, former jobbers Jack Swagger,Zach Ryder, and Heath Slater are two prime examples. Both man are being treated like stars as of the moment. Then you go to the Women's Division and you see your Becky Lynch's,Alexa Bliss,Carmella,Naomi,Nikki Bella (who's been putting talent over),and even Natalya being spotlighted every week. As opposed to Raw, where it's only 4 prominent Women's Wrestlers, And 2 who are only used to make Nia Jax and Charlotte look strong.

Tag Team Scene-
You gotta love the Tag Scene on SmackDown right now. Raw makes me turn the channel, as soon as I see The Shining Stars boring gimmick,New Day shaking their dicks,Gallows and Anderson playing with eggs,and Enzo Amore and Big Cass acting like a crackhead and down syndrome Test. OK, maybe I went too far. But Raw seriously pisses Me off. They have talented Tag Teams and doesn't utilize them the right way. On SmackDown, you gotta love the heel turn of The Uso's. It feels fresh and must see. I honestly feel they should have done the storyline of Miz leaving SmackDown for Raw and having Reigns beat Rusev for the US Title and being traded to SmackDown and joining The Uso's as a heel as well. SmackDown is all out better in the Tag Scene right now.

Announce Team-
I like the team because it seems they focus on what's going on in the ring as if they love what they're doing. On Raw, I only see Corey Graves focusing on the action in the ring and sounding happy doing it. Yes, Graves does argue like JBL used to on Raw. But he focus more on the action. Byron Saxton in my eyes is a heel. He justifies every heel thing a babyface does and contradicts a heel for doing the same damn thing. That isn't a "babyface," that's a "hypocrite." Michael Cole sounds bored at the booth. He sounds and looks like, Grandpa reading the Sunday paper.

Every Championship Matters-
Anybody notice that on SmackDown, we pretty much have Two World Titles. The Intecontinental Championship has been treated like a World Title in recent weeks, as it should be. The Tag Titles feel very important. The Women's Title does seem forced right now. But it still feels like it matters. On Raw, I be forgetting they have Tag Titles until New Day come on stage basically humping the belts. The United States Championship was doing fine up until SummerSlam. Then Rusev was kept off television. The past two weeks, the title has felt sorta Main Eventish. Credit where it is due. The Womens Championship on Raw has been a Major Title since WrestleMania. So also got to give credit there. The only big title problem on Raw, are the Tag Championships. Every Tag Team is a joke right now!

THE MIZ!!!!- AWESOME!!
Gotta love The Miz right now. He is on fire in every since of the word. I think we may see another Miz World Title reign in the near future.

Few Things I Don't Like: Daniel Bryan (He's such a bitch lol.) - Nah in all seriousness. He buries and belittles almost every talent and worries too much about trying to bury Raw. He's become literally an annoying little troll. Another thing would be, Backstage Segments taking place at the Talking Smack set. It just doesn't feel right. However, I noticed on SmackDown Tuesday that didn't do it. It could be a sign that they are done doing that.

Smackdown has been way more entertaining, a big part for me, the 2 hours means so much less filler.

Ironically, Another part I love, Is Talking Smack, which is literally filler, but it's done in a setting that's less serious and feels way more optional to watch, while RAW, I feel like I have an hour of my life held hostage by the extra hour, that I might miss something relevant to the story.

The overall pacing with the shorter show is making Smackdown feel way better.

That being said, At first glance, I liked RAWs roster more, and I still think with all things equal, the RAW Roster is actually better than Smackdown, but in practice, the Smackdown roster is full of people getting a chance that didn't before, and people making their comebacks. Overall the roster on Smackdown seems as though they're trying way harder.

To be honest, I fast forward much of SD's show. The roster seems to be majority lower mid card with no intriguing tag teams. Dean Ambrose is meh, they keep having Ziggler job to everyone and John Cena is on his way out. AJ styles is slightly entertaining he doesn't have enough equity in WWE for the show to be carried on his back.

Raw is the premier show in my opinion. SmackDown still being the B- show.

This may sound dumb, but I actually like the new camera angle where it looks like the camera is floating around the ring. Different perspective

Smackdown Live is better than RAW by default. Because it is an hour shorter.

The Brand split has been an utter failure so far. It has crystallized how the 50/50 booking over the past 5 years has resulted in hardly anyone being truly "over". Neither Creative team has changed anything in their philosophy of how to put on a wrestling show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back