What Gimmick Match Would You Want to See in WWE?

Gallops77

Pre-Show Stalwart
We have seen plenty of different gimmick matches in the WWE. Steel Cage, Ladder, HIAC, Elimination Chamber, etc.

There are matches that we have not seen in the WWE. If you could pick one gimmick match that either has never been used in the WWE or hasn't been used in a long time, what would it be?

Mine would the a War Games Match. Obviously, it would have to be set up right. I feel like a War Games style match would work great at Survivor Series. Maybe a Smackdown vs RAW match.

One on one title match with two special guest referees. Ref who makes the three count or call the submission is the new number one contender

War Games would be my pick as well.

Although I'd like to see more female variations of gimmick matches actually be on the main card. Not just relegated to NXT.

Like a female TLC match with say 4 competitors or an Elimination Chamber or Hell In A Cell.

Have someone like Nia Jax in the cell and just let her be a monster throughout the match against someone like Bayley. Someone that can gain sympathy from being destroyed throughout the match. Use it to either establish Nia as a beast or have the face make a comeback and give a feel good moment.

It's a long time since I've seen an Ultimate X match that I remember. I'd like to see what a WWE version would be like.

I have always thought that it would be interesting to see the Elimination Chamber competed as a 3-on-3 match. I was hoping WWE was going to go that direction with the Shield when they were feuding with the Wyatts, but it wasn't to be. The Elimination Chamber just sets up so perfectly for a huge match between two teams of three superstars, and it would sort of feel like WWE's own original spin on the War Games concept.

I wanna see a talk about feelings match. No actual wrestling, just two huge sweaty men sharing a good cry together.
We did get something close....
[YOUTUBE]toCfLr0mwck[/YOUTUBE]

unrelated, but Miz on commentary. I forgot about that. I enjoyed that.

When was the last time we had a submission match?

Or a men's 1 hour Ironman match?

Or a 3 stages of hell match?

The last two, it was 2009. It's a shame that we never got Cena/Punk, or Punk/Bryan or Cena/Styles or Cena/Rollins, in an ironman match.

Plus, I miss the days where some wrestlers were synonymous with one match. Mick Foley: Hardcore match
Edge: TLC
Jeff: Ladder
Undertaker/Triple H: Hell in a Cell, or Casket match or Buried alive

Gimmick PPVs have ruined gimmick matches...

A first blood match would draw big time at the age we are.

An exploding ring, barbed wire rope, barbed wire board, panes of glass, 1000 lightube, kennel from hell, lumberjack C4 explosive pudding bowl match

What, like the winner has to hang the belt off an erection? Boner on a pole match. Great Balls of Fire. Marketing gold.

I'd like to see Luke Harper in a type of gimmick match. I thought of that alligator match, but remembered how awful it was when BJW did it pretty fast. Two dudes beat up each other in a bad death match, and then the loser had to wrestle an alligator for losing. It was a baby alligator that was pretty much just freaked out and was scared to death. Kind of just two dudes with brain damage trying to pretend kill each other, and then a little friendly animal abuse to entertain a rather small draw crowd. So I'd prefer that never happening again, but I'd like to see Harper in a drawn out street fight or something.

Kevin Owens vs El Generico, Save the orphans match.

Or KO vs Cena in a Kangaroo Cage Match.

These could really fit in well on a Southpaw Regional Wrestling PPV. Someone should get on that.

Kevin Owens vs El Generico, Save the orphans match.

Or KO vs Cena in a Kangaroo Cage Match.

These could really fit in well on a Southpaw Regional Wrestling PPV. Someone should get on that.

Even though Cena said they don't wrestle on the show I'd love to see actual an actual match (Rusev winning his farm back in particular) on Southpaw Regional Wrestling. They seem to want to just keep it a YouTube short, but it'd be cool to even see similar out of WWE. Maybe we will eventually get it :(

Triple threat or fatal four-way iron man match.

30 mins, 45, or 60 min. Whatever.

Three or four competitors, whomever has the most falls at the end wins.

That would be a great match. It should have happened on Smackdown during the first brand split with Eddie, Benoit, Angle and someone else (maybe Edge or Mysterio). Definite MOTY

I just finished watching Smoky Mountain Wrestling's "Fire on the Mountain" event from '92. On the card Ronnie Garvin and Paul Orndorff faced off in a "Piledriver" match. It is something basic, classic and centered around a move basically banned within in the WWE. If booked properly in a hot feud it could be interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back