What are you thankful for?

LSN80

King Of The Ring
Better late then never, I suppose. As we celebrated Thanksgiving last week, we undoubtedly were asked to consider things we're thankful for. As we as society are generally negative people, I find Thanksgiving to be a refreshing change of pace. It challenges even the most jaded, negative of us to find things we're truly thankful for, things we may not have even considered before. That's the beauty of the day, it makes us look at the things we have to be thankful for, and allows us to put aside our gripes and worries for at least one day.

So my proposition here is simple. I want you turkeys to think of three things you're thankful for in your life. If you can't come up with three, no worries, but shoot for three. To be fair, Ill go first.

My wife: At Thanksgiving with my family, my wife was who I mentioned as the person I'm most thankful for, and for good reason. She's survived one helluva year, and done so with grace and a smile on her face. Not only am I thankful for her, I admire her as well, because I don't think i could have come through what she dealt with possessing the strength and faith with which she did. Never did she doubt that she would get better, and what do you know, she did! She's now carrying my child at 8 months along, and Im thrilled with our relationship now more then I ever have been. We connect on every level and I truly believe she's a gift from God to me, and I never want to take her for granted. Not only did I express my thanks for her on turkey day, I do so every day. She's worth it. :)

My Job: I know, Im being quite boring here with my choices. Ive always said that if it came to it, Id work a minimum wage job at McDonald's if it meant supporting my family. I feel fortunate not only to have my own practice as a psychologist, but to work at my life's dream job. Every day, I get to work with a wonderful staff who are passionate about their jobs, but I get to work with clients as well. There are few things I enjoy in life more then assisting clients in achieving goals for their lives, and seeing them work to achieve them. My job is a helluva challenge, no doubt, but I enjoy the challenge and look forward to doing it every day. I enjoy it so much that when I had knee surgery last month, the thing I missed most about being up and around for two weeks was working with clients! Either I'm crazy, or I really love my work. Maybe it's both. ;)

My family
: Am I being cliched and taking the easy way out again? Possibly, I suppose. But I find myself all the more thankful for my family due to the fact that Im adopted. I couldn't have been adopted by a better family, as Ive never looked to anyone else, including the birth parents Ive never met, as my real family. As far as this guy is concerned, my adoptive parents are my true ones, and they're the only ones Ive ever known or cared to. To this day, they're supportive and play a big part in my life. They were there to help take care of me during my knee surgery when my wife was working, and they've been there through my wife during the course of her pregnancy. It's a pattern Ive experienced my entire life, and my parents have come through time and again, as have my two wonderful sisters. Ive seen most of my friend's families ravaged by divorce, which makes me all the more thankful for parents who've been together for 32 years. I couldn't ask for better.

Ok, you see how simple it's done. Now, it's your turn!

What are three things you find yourself thankful for? Why?

If you can't come up with three, dont sweat it. Just be sure to list at least one thing you're thankful for, and why. Three is the optimal goal here!

Here goes nothing:

My brain: I don't mean to be arrogant (read: I'm going to be pretty arrogant, but don't think I'm being arrogant) but I am a pretty intelligent person. I have a Mensa level IQ and am at one of the better universities in the country. I'll have a PhD by the time I'm done and aim to be a professor when the dust settles. My brain is pretty much the only thing I've got going on for me, given that I am nonathletic, unattractive, and more than a little socially inept. So, all in all, considering it's the only thing that I can count on for my future success and happiness...yes, I am pretty thankful that my genes wound up giving me some fairly impressive grey matter.

My parents: Sure, it's cliche, but what do you want from me. Probably no-one on the forums knows this, but I was adopted at birth by my parents. I'm extremely thankful for that, because without them, I'd have been raised by a single mother who had me by a married man and possessed only a high school education. Certainly, it's not impossible to succeed with that background, but it's a lot easier with two parents with stable jobs straddling the middle/upper-middle class level. Also they're paying for nearly half of my university costs, which should allow me to pay back all my loans during grad school, meaning that I should get out of school with no debt and substantial savings...which is a pretty awesome thing. I suppose I'm putting a lot of stress on money but its what's in my head right now.

The Internet: This is probably going to come across as terribly lame, but the Internet is amazing for me. I've learned as much from the Internet as I have from school, if not more. It's taught me about the whole world out there, instead of the generic Midwestern small town/city that I grew up in. I can't even imagine how tiny my world perspective would be without it. Sure, I've sunk a lot of useless time into it looking at silly pictures of cats, but I've also grown more aware of loads of aspects of the entire universe thanks to it. Not to mention that it's given me great places to "socialize", without all that difficult business of talking to people in person.

My Fiancee and My Future Child My beautiful fiancee Summer, who i intend to spend the rest of my life with.

America Yes i know i sound like the typical "Im living the American dream" guy, but i truly am. Me and my parents moved from Russia to start a new life, and with the little money that we had, i am now going to college to become a lawyer alll because of this wonderful country where all you need is a dream, a little money, and white skin (LEGAL DISCLAIMER: We here at Santo Enterprises do not in anyway shape or form promote racism)

I have alot to be thankful for, and this time of the year I make it a point to let everyone know how greatful I am. :)

My Fiance
I probably wouldn't be here sharing this with you all here were it not for her, she has done more for me than I can ever explain or pay back. She makes me a happier, better person and I owe my life to her, because without her I would have no life and I wouldn't be proud of the man that I am today because of her. I love her more than life itself and thinking about our future together for eternity is one always puts a big old smile on my face.

My Parents
People always give their folks a hard time and rebel and fight back, I'm not excluded from that list of people but as of late I have tried to let them know that I appriciate them as often as I can. They've helped me through hard times and supported my dreams even though there isn't a great chance of them coming true and for that I thank them.

My Friends
I love all my friends but I have a select group in particular that really mean alot to me, who I can talk about anything with and always have my back. People don't put enough stock in good friends these days but I am very thankful to have such honest and respectable guys that I can call my buddies and don't ever forget to tell them.

Health
A bit ironic since I have been out of work with an injury for a few months now but I am looking on the bright side of things, I've had some bad injuries and illnesses including a near death experience with Swine Flu and Pnemonia but I came out for the better. But I realize that things could be much worse and I'm thankful for what I have, and that my family and friends are healthy.

Wrestlezone
Lame? No, throughout my rough times in the last year I have been able to turn to a safe haven from all that shit and focus on talking about what I am passionate about with a bunch of great people. I love Wrestlezone for the fun and happiness that it brings me, I have made alot of great friends through it.

A major problem with people today is that we take too much for granted, we all need to appriciate what we have and the people in our lives that make it special. So in the spirit of the season I leave you with this, look at everything you have that others dont and you will be happy, and love everyone and everything for what they are. God bless us everyone!:rolleyes:

I'm thankful for parents who make sure there is food on the table and a bed to sleep in at night.
I'm thankful for the few good friends that I have.
I'm thanful for my church family and God.

I'm thankful I have a family that is actually caring and supportive, which I've found from talking with friends isn't always the case. I'm thankful that I live in a first world country, where I rarely have to worry about food, shelter, safety, etc. I'm thankful the government is paying my way through college, because otherwise I'd be screwed. I'm thankful I live in a safe neighborhood in a safe town, where violence is basically nonexistent. Simply, I'm thankful that my life is very, very easy and good when compared to a lot of other people, and I know I'm pretty lucky in that regard.

I'm thankful for a number of blessings in my life. My wife obviously, my job, my puppies, and the fact that I have a place of my own all come to mind. Not everyone can say they get paid to do something they enjoy, get to spend the rest of their lives with someone who cares deeply for them, have animal companions who love them unconditionally and treat them like a celebrity every time they come home, all while having a place of their own to avoid family drama or just simply to stay warm/cool (depending on the weather). I am truly thankful for all of these blessings because they give me something to be happy about each day. Some are not as fortunate as myself or those who live more comfortably than I do.

I have so much that I'm reluctant to break down individual elements I'm thankful for...... they all combine to make up the whole. But while I'm ever-thankful for my brother, my committed relationship, my health and a million other things, I must mention my job.

Today, so many people are going through the agony of losing their jobs, often through no fault of their own. Then, the pain is deepened by being unable to find another one. Yes, the economy will eventually loosen and we'll get out of this mess......but for now, the problem remains.

I work in production and editing for a major newspaper. The good thing is that I do so many things for them, it would be hard to get rid of me (hopefully, that statement won't turn out to be my famous last words!). But they call me at all hours of the day and night to solve production problems for them and even allow me to occasionally stay overnight for free in the block of rooms they have permanently booked at a nearby hotel so I don't have to commute all the way home, just to have to come back a few hours later.

It's taxing, tiring and sometimes frustrating.....yet I'm grateful for every minute of it because every time they think they can't do without me, it reminds me of how lucky I am to be working and thriving.

If you don't like the job you've got, just remember what it would be like to not have one at all.

A some years ago, three Italian manufacturers of snow, ski champion and ski adviser because of common disposition as a service to environment, out of doors living and skiing sooner a be wearing forged enigmatic friendship. Moncler Men's Sweaters They can delineate a ski mountaineering
enterprise to the opposite down jacket, the adventurous
manoeuvre of color, conception, give permission mouth moncler jackets Down blockbuster.
Moncler has a natives of down strict voting for
rule: just reason the neck to the chest between the
feather, tranquil and dialect right superior spa water
partisans, and lighter than the ordinarily down, thinner. In recent
years, cheap moncler jackets Women Moncler entrance and top supranational brands of jackets and handbags presentation it with the superb fusion of high-end variety, while the bent of manufacturer collaboration and bazoo to Moncler to find a wider exceptional, especially after the employment of shiny colors past more and more girlish people like to make Monte haven is eternally stagnant in the the latest thing of the surge!
Moncler kisser as the vent China Mall launched in Asia's first place online
collection dedicated to Moncler citizenry in China, brand
marketing and high-quality down jacket kept the door parts and other products. Moncler Kids Clairy Hooded Down Vest Mall by the Moncler Chinese Moncler mouth Chinese companies mark off up sales network to
function independently in edict to "etiquette,
composure, smiling, caring" advantage good breeding deeply engrained in the Internet, and launched "Vital spark in
moncler jackets" to the open-air series, more days for customers to cater subside's moncler together fashion brands and spin-off intelligence, so that kept the mouth change a second-tier cities, fashion backbone.
Source: http://www.pioneermeadowsliving.com/

My brain: I don't mean to be arrogant (read: I'm going to be pretty arrogant, but don't think I'm being arrogant) but I am a pretty intelligent person. I have a Mensa level IQ and am at one of the better universities in the country. I'll have a PhD by the time I'm done and aim to be a professor when the dust settles. My brain is pretty much the only thing I've got going on for me, given that I am nonathletic, unattractive, and more than a little socially inept. So, all in all, considering it's the only thing that I can count on for my future success and happiness...yes, I am pretty thankful that my genes wound up giving me some fairly impressive grey matter.

Every Damn word of that post describes my feelings concerning my intelligence, my social skills, and my athletic history.

Anyway back to what I am thankful for:

My mind- Like Harthan I am graceful for the mind that god gave me. My teacher once said, and I quote "the people here today have something special, you guys have something that other children just do not have nor will ever have, you kids are full of creativity, imagination, and fast learning skills" - English teacher 2010. I was present among that group of kids in the advanced class, and proceeded to prosper in that class just as I was expected too. I am god awful when it comes to athletics, every unit in PE I was the worst one at. My mind has made up for more than that, as well as a painful past of social disorders as a young child that still have not worn off to this today. The only thing that keeps me going to a better future is my brain. I plan on big things after high school, everyone does but few follow through, I promise myself to follow through.

Video Games- Other than the attempts to get into to team sports at a young age (which had abominable results such as a hot shot baseball coach quitting and cursing at a bunch of 5 year old children that they are nerds and will never accomplish anything to do with athletics or the opposite sex:disappointed:.) So naturally I turned to video games for entertainment and have loved them since. Games such as Bioshock and WWE (insert installment in franchise) have kept me busy since for over a year now. Twas destiny when I first layed hands on Mario Kart 64 in 1998 as a 2 year old infant and proceeded to pass the level coming in 3rd place. Without video games I would be a bored, fit, and cool guy... but where is the fun in that?:)

The internet- Countless hours since 2004 have I spent on the internet. I know TONS of useless trivia about Godzilla, Dragon Ball Z, Lucid dreaming, the history of cinema and video games, and of course professional wrestling. Nothing much else here to say but that it is a genius concept made to do everything.

My Family- As anyone that would be one day successful you had to come from a decent childhood environment. Both my parents had no where near the living conditions my brothers and I have had. Both grew up in the streets of a third world country. Thus they both had the ambition to make life better for their children and they did just that. Always so supportive of me, pushing me and my siblings to improve in terms of grades. Obviously the most important thing to be thankful for is a good family.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving here on the Philippines, but damn it, that doesn't matter!

Thankful for my family: They've stuck with me during the good times and bad. 2011 has been a great year for me. I've lost 40lbs in a span of 5 months, got back on track with my academics, reconnected with friends who I haven't seen so many years and gained a ton of new ones. Through all of those good times, my family was with me. Back on October 17, I got an ankle fracture from playing basketball and still my family was there to take care of me. Now I'm at the 7th week of recovery. I don't know where I would be without them.

Thankful for this injury: It made me realize how important life is. It's a minor injury(Not a life or death matter obviously) but I realized that what you have now can be gone in an instant. I treasure every day, every moment I get to spend with my family and friends.
I thought that this was a "downer" in this year, but no it's not. It made me closer with my family(Especially my mom), found out who were my real friends, and most importantly it brought me closer to God.

2011 has been an eventful year, filled with ups. Downs? Nah.

Family
Damn, my family has always been there. They've been that support system for me all throughout my life. As my senior year dwindles down, I'm cherishing the moments with my family because after this year, it's now college life for me. So I really appreciate all that they've done for me and in turn, will do everything I can to show them that they raised a successful child.

Health

Man, 2011 has been a bad year for me in sports. Idk how many knee injuries I've suffered all throughout my life because of basketballl. I have gotten surgery once on my knee from a bad foul during a game. But hell, it doesn't stop me from playing ball. But I'm just thankful that I've recovered and gone back to playing some ball.

God
Yup, I said it, God. The Almighty God who saved us. A big thank you to the man upstairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back