Bulldog vs. Patterson

• The Bulldog

• The First IC Champ!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WCW Region under WCW Rules from Tampa, Fl. The ring entrance and ring are equal height.

#8. "The British Bulldog" Davey boy Smith.
Daveyboy309.jpg

vs.

#57. Pat Patterson
patters2.jpg

I hate that this is a first round match-up so someone has to lose. I'm voting Bulldog here. What Patterson has in technical abilities and smarts, Bulldog has in power. He also wasn't a bad wrestler. This will be a good, long match, but Bulldog gets the win with the delayed vertical suplex. He had too much power for that to not legitimately hurt, and Patterson has never faced that kind of strength, to my knowledge.

Bulldog would win here. Bulldog was a big ole English bastard who was tough as nails. Patterson was a flamboyant homosexual who is best know for being Vince McMahons stooge. It'd be a good match but I think in the end Davey's power would be too much for Patterson.

Bulldog would win here. Bulldog was a big ole English bastard who was tough as nails. Patterson was a flamboyant homosexual who is best know for being Vince McMahons stooge. It'd be a good match but I think in the end Davey's power would be too much for Patterson.

First, I'm pretty sure he wasn't a "flamboyant homosexual" during his wrestling career. In the ring I mean. His personal life has nothing to do with this tournament.

And, I'm pretty sure he's best known as the first ever IC Champ. He's a great wrestler, and would've beaten a ton of other wrestlers here, but I can't vote for him over Bulldog.

It's a tough choice to make but I'm going to go with the British Bulldog. The advantage he has is strength and I don't know if Patterson has faced anybody with that strenght. Patterson was great in the ring and was the first Incontinental Champion but I think Bulldog has a slight edge over him.

Bulldog in a walk. patterson was ok, but nothing special. I've been watching the old Manias and Bulldog had the star power for awhile. It never panned out but the stuff was tehre. The powerslam is just too much here for Patterson and the king of Rio goes out early.

To defend CCS, I think there was a time when Patterson used to wear lipstick, which is arguably the behaviour of a flamboyant homosexual, but that really doesn't matter.

This is essentially a battle of the best midcarders of two different eras. The difference is is that Bulldog flirted with moving up, and did have some main event matches, while Patterson remained a midcarder. Bulldog would win this with a power game, but it is certainly one of the more interesting match ups in this area's first round.

I'm not belittling Pat Patterson, but I'm voting for the Brits unless I have no other choice but vote for their opponent, and here that is not the case. Bulldog was relentless in the ring and powers his way through.

I see Bulldog winning this Patterson in his prime was an Drag Queen and in WWE he was Vince lackey while the Bulldog R.I.P. never was totally ridicolus also Bulldog waws more powerful than Patterson or like what NSL said anyone Patterson ever faced.

Pat Patterson has been nothing but a whole lot of meh to me. I just never understood the big deal aobut him. yes, he was before my time, but I've seen enough of his matches over the year to know that I really don't like the guy, and I really don't like anything he does for that matter. The Bulldog was great all around. Sure, he wasn't a technical gem, but his power and stamina were fantastic. His match with Bret Hart alone is more impressive then anything I've seen the 1st IC champ do.

stamina were fantastic.

Crazy speak. Just like a real Bulldog, Davey Boy Smith became a wheezy, slobbering mess after even a hint of exercise. Watch him in any matches when he's not in there with a talented worker for proof. It's hard to tell when he's in the ring with HBK or Bret Hart because they were talented enough to carry him. But watch his matches with The Warlord, Sid or Ahmed Johnson to see how much he sucks win if he's not in there with somebody super talented.

I'm going with Bulldog here. Too much power for Patterson to overcome. Should be a nice duel, but in the end Bulldog hits the running powerslam and gets into round 2.

Bulldog here. The only real claim to fame Patterson has as a wrestler is being the first Intercontinental Champion (and for having a Hardcore Evening Gown Match with Gerald Brisco at King of the Ring 2000, but that's not the kind of fame you want). On the other hand, as many people have already said, although Smith was a mid-carder, he at least flirted with the main-event scene.

Bulldog is my choice. Pat Patterson was the first IC, while Bulldog was probably the best IC Champion. His match alone with Bret Hart at Summerslam is bigger than anything Pat Patterson ever did. All out power dominates in this one, but Bulldog will have trouble in later rounds.

Gotta go with the Bulldog here. He was one of them true powerhouses who had very good stamina. His match with Bret Hart at Summerslam and the 95 Rumble show this. He also could move a little bit too. Pat just never thrilled me in any of his matches, actually he put me to sleepp. The only ones I found entertaining were of his in the Attitude Era with Jerry Briscoe against Austin or eeven the Mean Street Posse. That version of Pat couldnt beat the Bulldog, and neither could Pat in his prime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back