Who Wins This Matchup?

• Undertaker

• Gene Kiniski

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the WCW Region. It is a 2/3 Falls match held in the Phillips Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.

front2.jpg

Rules: This is a 2/3 Falls match, with the first person to win two falls winning the match. A fall is earned by a pinfall, submission, countout or disqualification.

undertaker_1992.jpg

#2. Undertaker

Vs.

200px-Gene_Kiniski.jpg

#26. Gene Kiniski

Polls will be open for five days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Assume the wrestlers are at full strength after their first two matches.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Gene Kiniski was the top heel star of his era. Only the biggest, most renowned stars like Bruno Sammartino, Lou Thesz, Gagne, and Dory Funk defeated Kiniski. And he defeated them all in return, along with a host of others like Jack Brisco and Pat O Conner. He held the NWA world title for over 1130 days after beating Lou Thesz. He was unstoppable. Undertaker was never that kind of superstar except for one night a year. And most of the time he was beating men that weren't anywhere close to Kiniski's level. Taker would be the type of face wrestler that be built up to chase Kiniski but would never actually beat him. That honor would be reserved for the top face like Funk or Sammartino.

Gene Kiniski was known as Canada's Greatest Athlete and was influential on many up and coming stars there. Here's Taker's record against Kiniski Jr, Bret Hart...

24 wins/40 losses.

Undertaker was known for not only losing big matches, but against those to be considered pure athletes. Taker gets a boner for that kind of stuff, and Kiniski was the real deal, so he probably would have been delighted to have put Kiniski over.

Vote Kiniski.

I have to go with Kiniski here as well. Echleon hit the nail right on the head for me.

Also, it nearly goes without saying that The Streak and WrestleMania is pretty well what we all consider 'Taker's prime to be. The average match time during the streak? 16 minutes, and 26 seconds.

Kiniski is from an era where matches lasted much longer, and often ran into the draw point. The endurance factor simply goes to Gene Kiniski as the man can go for hours upon hours. He's a well tuned athletic machine whereas 'Taker is more of a monster of a man who needs to take out his opponents as quickly as possible to be most effective. The longest matches during the streak are where he nearly lost the most against Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and co, and then ended up losing in one long match as well at the 25 minute mark.

I'll take Kiniski in the 2 out of 3 falls match.

Aye Kiniski. Undertaker spent large swathes of his career losing to legitimate champions and Kiniski spent the majority of his winning 2 out of 3 falls matches. It won't make a difference, but he's the one that should win.

Undertaker is going to win this one. Kiniski had a longer run than I thought he would, and he probably should win this match, but Taker is fresh in people minds and he will win this one handily.

This is just wrong.

On one hand have one of the greatest wrestlers ever. Kiniski, while not as well known then some other stars of the era was one of the best in the 60s/70s. In about a ix year stretch Kiniski...

Pinned Verne Gagne for the AWA Title.
Damned near pinned Bruno Sammartino for the WWWWF Title.
And pinned Lou Thesz for the NWA World Title.

This is not counting all the regional titles or the WWA Title.

And he is losing to a guy whose biggest claim to fame is a once a year match streak and throwing Foley off a cage. No one is even giving a reason for UIndertaker.

Add to tis that Kiniski regularly worked 2/3 falls matches and this should be a lock. Sad.

Undertaker is going to win this one. Kiniski had a longer run than I thought he would, and he probably should win this match, but Taker is fresh in people minds and he will win this one handily.

Then why didn't you vote for him?

Undertaker is the most overrated person in this Tourney I believe. The fact that this dude actually will get through Kiniski is deplorable. He's not in in Kiniski's league. It's sad to see how many people believe that Taker should be going on here, and what's worse is that he's been consistently overrated on this forum for years.

The Undertaker was consistently over in the upper mid card/main event for 20 years, he has the greatest gimmick of all time which he played to perfection (and it's the #1 reason why he's as great as he is) and he is a very good worker in the ring. So many shit on his matches from the beginning of his career not realizing the times those matches were in, the constant shit talent he had to work with and most of all his character demanded that, no one has ever played their character as well as Mark Calloway did Taker which is why he was so popular for so long.

Although I had to give Taker his due because its deserved I went with Kiniski and he is definitely the kind of guy that would beat Taker, especially in a 2 out of 3 falls match as it's his comfort zone. Taker often lost to legit guys like Angle and Lesnar and he's always seemed to have a soft spot for Amateur wrestlers, fighters and all athletes. Taker is facing Canada's greatest athlete, a former NWA and AWA champion and a legit draw. I think with all things considered Kiniski would take the victory here.

Just because I went with Kiniski though doesn't mean he should roll over Taker here as I could easily see Taker winning this match but in all fairness I think Kiniski is the right person to vote for here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back