WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, Second Round:(8)Mil Mascaras vs. (9) Ricky Steamboat

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mil Mascaras

• Ricky Steamboat

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

rupp-arena-feb-101.jpg

Mil%20Mascaras.jpg

#8. Mil Mascaras

Vs.

ricky-steamboat.png

#9. Ricky Steamboat

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Ricky Steamboat was a decent wrestler who had great matches. However, it would be ridiculous to call him one of the biggest stars in the history of wrestling. Mascaras is this. Mascaras is enough of a name to be in the WWF hall of fame based on his international accomplishments, only Inoki has achieved this as a foreign based star.

Steamboat was a brief world champion, but wasn't really ever booked in that level. Mascaras beat Harley Race, NWA Champion, in the USA. He was then allowed to be the first masked wrestler to wrestle in MSG, where he beat both the Intercontinental Champion Ken Patera, but before that, the WWWF World Heavyweight Champion Billy Graham. In MSG. By stoppage. Mascaras is possibly the most successful luchador of all time, and in terms of wins, possibly the most successful international wrestler ever. He has to win here.

By just about all accounts, Mascaras was a complete douche, but he was a successful douche. Steamboat, as excellent as he was in the ring, was an upper midcarder for most of his career. I love watching Steamboat wrestle, but Mascaras moves on.

Ricky Steamboat is one of my all time favorites. It pains me to vote against him but I did. Steamboat was a fantastic wrestler and always put on great matches but I think Mascaras just had more long term success. Take away a four month stretch in 1989 and Steamboat would be remembered as a great mid card wrestler. I'm glad he got the brief world title run and the trilogy with Flair will be forever remembered. I like Steamboat more and I would rather watch Steamboat, but Mascaras would win a match between the two.

I agree with the rest. I always loved Steamboat, but he was essentially a great midcarder. Absolutely loved his matches with Flair though. I still watch them from time to time now. Mascaras just really had much more overall success and he would win this match.

What a great match this would be, I would be very interesting to see the technical moves, the psychology, etc.

But once you compare their legacies, besides what everyone has already stated (about MM's sucess) Mil Máscaras is a name that echoes through the world of wrestling, but also in non fans. At least here in South America, Mil Máscaras is a name that everyone associates to wrestling and being a huge star...Ricky Steamboat on the other hand....

The match goes to Mil Máscaras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back