WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, First Round: (2) Randy Savage vs. (31) Nikita Koloff

Discussion in 'WCW Region' started by klunderbunker, Mar 13, 2013.

?

Who wins this match?

1. Randy Savage

2. Nikita Koloff

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#2. Randy Savage

Vs.

[​IMG]

#31. Nikita Koloff

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

2. Poop Master Flex

Poop Master Flex Mid-Card Championship Winner

One of the greatest of all time vs. Soda Popinski, this is gonna be hard to figure out.

Nikita you have no chance here. Good for you doing well pretending to be Russian and all but you are up against on of the all time greats in Macho Man Randy Savage. Is there anything at all the Nikita does better than Macho because I can't think of one. Superior character, charisma, wrestling skills, matches and mic skills, Nikita has literally nothing on Randy outside of being able to speak Russian.

Yeah Randy wins this one.

3. Brewski

Brewski How Damn Good Am I?!

OOOOOOOHHHHH YEAAAAHHHHHHH A SQUASH MATCH YEAH NIKITA DOESN'T HAVE A CHANCE YEAH TO TAKE ON THE MACHO MAN

Scrub vs. one of the greatest ever

Savage wins

4. SSJPhenom

SSJPhenom The Phenom of WZ

I really would like to make some elaborate post and talk about both guys, but I can't.

What needs to be said has already been said by the posters above me. One of the absolute greatest of all time versus what ever you want to describe the other guy as, but he falls incredibly short when compared to Savage.

OH YEAH, THE MACHO MAN GOES OVER HERE, DIG IT!!!!!

5. It's...Baylariat!

It's...Baylariat! Team Finnley Baylor

Little known fact... Randy Savage's dad ran a promotion in Lexington, KY called ICW... had some solid in ring technicians like Ron Garvin, Cowboy Bob Orton, and Leaping Lanny Poffo, better known as The Genius.

So this is home field advantage, plus the fact that Savage is in every shape and form, better than Nikita Koloff.

Macho gets this one.

DIG IT?!

6. deem

deem Getting Noticed By Management

Talking about digging stuff, I dig Nikita Koloff. The guy participated in some great feuds and was very decent inside the ring. You'd be surprised at how good his work is at first impression - he looks like a standard, ripped guy over for gimmick and physique when actually his striking is great, he bumps around really well and is super entertaining. Whenever I've researched these tourneys and checked out a few of his matches I've been hugely impressed.

Anyway, he's great but Savage is far better and would never lose here. I really can't be bothered to defend this choice any more than that. Nikita's really good though and his career would have more defining moments if he caught a few more breaks. Unfortunately for him, Savage maximised his potential and will go down as one of the best ever.

7. HBsam31

HBsam31 Totally Reeking of Awesomeness

Always liked Koloff, but like has already been said. Savage is one of the best ever, and wins in a squash here. Koloff can't compete in this one. Can't really say anything else.

8. Hollywood Naitch

Hollywood Naitch The current reigning and defending

I don't see why people are dissing Koloff, its not like he was a waster!

However, The Macho Man goes down as one of the all time greats. There ain't no way a guy like Koloff would ever pin Savage in the first round of a tournament like this. A pretty easy 1st round tie for Savage and he wins after just 5 minutes

Winner: Randy Savage

9. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Koloff is one of many men who succeeded because they were able to pull off a passable Soviet Union wrestler during the Cold War. Beyond that, he didn't offer much. Savage is one of the best wrestlers of all time, and this would be a straight forward win.

10. FitFinlay4Life

FitFinlay4Life What's the craic?

I thought Nikita Koloff was the dogs bollocks when I first encountered him as Sting's nemesis in WCW and I still regard him highly two decades later... he did rock the bald goateed brawler several years before a certain Mr Austin and Mr Goldberg rose to prominence. He was regarded as a serious contender for every belt in every organisation he ever worked in.

Having said that, Savage wasn't just a contender - he repeatedly won the big titles.

It wouldn't be a squash but Savage would win through.

11. The Brain

The Brain King Of The Ring

This is a good match for the first round. Savage is a superstar and Koloff is not a pushover. This is the type of match that would be competitive even though the outcome would never be in doubt. Savage is one of the most famous and popular wrestlers ever. Koloff did well for himself over a brief period of time but isn't on Savage's level.