WCW Region, Houston Region, First Round: (3) Bret Hart vs. (30) Daniel Bryan

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• Daniel Bryan

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Houston Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Toyota Center, Houston, Texas

021_toyota_center.jpg

images

#3. Bret Hart

Vs.

images

#30. Daniel Bryan

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Absolute technical bout. Most likely a show stealer. Bret Hart's career is unfathomable, but Bryan's WWE career is just beginning to bloom. But if we have to base it off of skills, it is still a hard match up. I would have to say Daniel Bryan. Daniel is more agile, and can do those top rope moves. It just comes down to who can do more.

Damn It, again. I want to say Bryan, but he is up against Bret Hart.

Bret Hart is the best there is, was, and ever will be. Daniel Bryan is still just Daniel Bryan. He is a former world champion, but Bryan's time has yet to come. This being said, I must pick Bret to win this one.

This is a best match up I have seen yet.

Five star match up hands down, but I give it to the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be, Bret Hart. A living legend that in his prime was the king of technical wrestlers. Not saying that anything done by those after him is copying him, but he did pioneer quite a bit for technical wrestling and lengthening matches from it. It'll definitely be a submission battle between Bryan and Hart, but yeah, Hart wins with the Sharpshooter.

Bryan Danielson beats the best boring wrestler ever.

Can someone please stop this guy from spamming in all the threads?

Anyway, as much as I would like a new generation of wrestler to move forward in this round I have to give it Bret Hart, as great and technically sound as Bryan is in the long haul I just don't think he can hang with Bret. Though I don't think this will be a walk in the park for the Hitman either. I say he wins by the skin of his teeth, but still wins.

Bret Hart takes this.

Bret Hart is going to win this one. But it is going to be an absolutely killer of a match. Hart and Bryan have such similar styles, it is scary. Both are brilliant in-ring workers who know their way around a submission move or two. But Hart's legacy and his prowess as a technician go unmatched, even it is to someone as talented as Daniel Bryan.

Sorry folks, Hart > D-Bry.

If not for Bret Hart, you don't have people like Daniel Bryan. Now, perhaps the steroid scandal helped as well, but when the big dudes couldn't be champ anymore, Vince went with the most popular "smaller" guy on the roster. That was Bret. He got over by being awesome in the ring and the fans ate it up. He paved the way for HBK after him and all "smaller" wrestlers thereafter.

Bryan's good, but how do you put him over the guy that allowed him to be what he is? You can't so Bret wins.

I know DB/BD tore it up on the independent circuit for years, and he's an IWC guy, and he's coolz and so forth. But, he wouldn't beat Bret.

This is the kind of first round match that would go 20+ minutes. It's Owen vs. Bret all over again, actually. How did that usually turn out? Bret usually won, and DB isn't Owen. I love me some Daniel Bryan, but he's not beating Bret Hart in the first round of a tournament like this.

I love Daniel Bryan. Fucking love him. Little known fact: he's actually my favourite wrestler of all-time.

But he isn't greater that Bret Hart.

You see, this isn't about my opinion. This is about fact. Hart was the man for a couple of years. He's in a relatively small group of people who could say they were at the pinnacle of the professional wrestling business, for however long it was. Hart's legacy, too, is a factor. He has had a profound effect on so many wrestlers, including Daniel Bryan.

So that's success, legacy, influence and drawing power. Hart was just better, and therefore gets my vote. How I wish it wasn't so.

i only wish this match was later on and had a submission stipulation.

It will be a classic back and forth with quite a few fake finishes but Bret pulls it out in the end. He is the excellence of execution after all.

Bryan wins, and the reason is the placement. ECW region. He has a more aggressive side, would be much more dangerous in a normal ECW rules match. As much as I love Hart, this is the one environment he does not succeed in in my opinion.

I have to say that while Daniel Bryan has not proven he's worthy of winning this match yet, I would pay a lot of $$ to see these guys wrestle (so long as I was assured I'd get a good match and not a lame ass 18 second kick and pin).

great long lasting technical bout... probably at least a 40 minute match... bret gets the win via the sharpshooter, only because imo this is about both in their prime... but I dont think bryan has reached his yet

Bryan wins, and the reason is the placement. ECW region. He has a more aggressive side, would be much more dangerous in a normal ECW rules match. As much as I love Hart, this is the one environment he does not succeed in in my opinion.

You're obviously not familiar with Bret Hart. That's cool. I get it. You're wrong and everything, but whatever.

Bret Hart is as brutal as any wrestler... ever. He'd slap that Ring Post Figure Four on and break Daniel Bryan in half. Bret's bigger, stronger, tougher, more seasoned, and... well, he's just better. In every, single way.

Daniel Bryan more dangerous? More aggressive? Please.

I personally would love to see this match happen in real life as both are awesome in ring competitors and technically sound. I am gonna have to give the edge to Bret Hart though as he's more seasoned and has the experience.

Bret would win this in the end but this is probably the best first round match up. These two going at it would be amazing but I think Bret would pull ahead in the end.

Oh man the BEST match in the 1st rd..
Pity it's not a submission match but it's
a tough one to choose as Bryans career
is only hitting the big time and looking at
Brets prime in the early to mid 90's I would
See it being a good 20min match with Bret
selling the moves great as always he did
but at the end the day the sharpshooter
Will out do the lebelle lock..

Winner Bret Hart

I actually find Daniel Bryan a more adaptable wrestler over all. But with Harts credentials and breeding, I cannot go against him in what would surely turn into a mat wrestling fest.

Its such a shame to see Daniel Bryan leave us so early, but he's up against the best there was, the best there is and the best there ever will be. It might be extreme rules and Bryan may be aggressive when he wants to be, but Hart was much more than Bryan in every manner. This would be back and forth, people on the edge of their seats, but eventually, the Sharpshooter would be locked in, Bryan would be shouting out in pain and be forced to tap. Everyone would go crazy and the two men would probably shake hands out of pure respect. Definitely the best first round matchup we have here, but unfortunately so one-sided.

JS votes Bret Hart

This would be one of those first round matchups where the lower rated guy pushes this top seed to the limit, and then the lower rated guy would go on a good midcard run after this match. Unfortunately for Daniel Bryan, he's that lower rated guy.

Daniel Bryan and Bret Hart would probably have put on one of the best technical matches you could ever watch. I'm thinking Angle/Benoit RR03, but maybe even better. I'm not the biggest Bret Hart fan, as I tend to think he's extremely over rated by the IWC, but I can't vote against him justifiably yet.

Insane matchup. Gotta give it to Bret Hart though. He had matches with the biggest stars in their primes. I really like Daniel Bryan, but not against the Hitman.

It would be unreal to see this match with both men in their prime, I think it realy would be a match of the year situation lasting a good 30 mins in reality, they could put on a helluva match

Im gonna go with bret though, he was the top guy in wwf even before vince realised it, universally respected as one of the best wrestlers yet.

Now i know bryan is good, i always wanted him ontop of wwe but still he has time to become to best, and to beat the best youv got to BE THE BEST

Bret Hart

Bret Hart isn't as tough as Bryan??? :lmao: :lmao:

This is the same Bret Hart that made Stone Cold pass out from pain, right? OK...Thought so...

Bryan may make this a true wrestling clinic, but Hart wins this, no matter the rules. Just because this is ECW, doesn't require them to use weapons, or Extreme Rules. Mat wrestling was just as revered in the bingo hall...

I say Daniel Bryan. Bret and him could put on a top class match but I think D-Bryan has a bigger arsenal of move than Bret and that will win him the match.

People who said Daniel Bryan would go far in this were full of shit. Recent success rarely, rarely actually translates to success in the tournament, and Daniel Bryan is going to be an emphatic example of it in this match.

That's not to dismiss Daniel Bryan. I love Daniel Bryan; he's a personal favourite of mine and I often have fantasies about spooning with him. If you all want to join me in a separate thread where we praise Daniel Bryan, I'll light a camp fire and we can all sit in a circle, hold hands and yell "YES!" He's had an impressive run in the WWE - where he's bounced from over like rover to crickets throughout his career - and his name, or the name of Bryan Danielson, is synonymous with the independent circuit. I'm proud of him and I'm glad that he'll have something of a legacy in the wrestling world.

But he's facing Bret Hart, and he's just not close enough to that tier to make this a competitive match. Actually, let's rephrase that - it could well be a competitive match, but Daniel Bryan will not win it. It's a contradiction in terms, I know. That's professional wrestling for you. The best Bryan could look forward to is something like his matches against the likes of Jericho and Batista; matches where everybody expected him to get squashed but he overperformed and matched his opponent move for move. He still loses though. Valiantly, but he still loses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back