WCW Region, Fourth Round, 60 Minute Iron Man: (2) Undertaker vs. (6) Lou Thesz

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Undertaker

• Lou Thesz

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Undertaker has wrestled in 30 minute matches before, plus his entrance is another 30 minutes so that counts as 60?

Sure Thez has more experience and can go the distance but you can't deny Undertaker's will to win in big match situations. If Undertaker were forced to be in an iron-man match, there is no denying he would be able to do it, it just so happens that he was one of the many wrestlers who didn't get to participate in one during his career. I don't think it matters as much as some users think it does. Triple H defeated The Rock in an Iron-man match but lost one to Chris Benoit, who never went 60 minutes before. Experience isn't a major factor, Undertaker never taps out and he rarely gets pinned clean. Undertaker also has more experience in brutal stipulations, which probably drain more out of the wrestler than an Iron-Man match would. I gotta go with the Deadman, he is more than capable of going over Thez.

Wrestling conditioning, both in and out of kayfabe, is all about cardio, so let's apply this to another form of cardio. 30 minutes, Undi's longest match, is obviously half of the length of this match, so let's take a marathon runner and a half marathon runner. If you put them up against each other in a marathon, somewhere between halfway and the finish, the half marathoner is going to run out of energy while the full marathoner can easily make it to the end. I don't doubt that Taker can get a fall or two early on, but when he gets gassed, Thesz can get enough falls to win with no problem.

The Undertaker is probably my favorite wrestler ever, but I just don't see him getting past Thesz here. Thesz is easily more suited to a longer match like this, and could pace himself quite well here. With Thesz's conditioning and toughness and Taker's own kayfabe stamina I actually see this match being quite close with few falls, with Thesz taking the final fall in the match.

Sure Thez has more experience and can go the distance but you can't deny Undertaker's will to win in big match situations.

Except Undertaker loses to the top stars way more than he beats them. So his "will to win big matches" isn't that impressive.

If Undertaker were forced to be in an iron-man match, there is no denying he would be able to do it, it just so happens that he was one of the many wrestlers who didn't get to participate in one during his career.

And he's up against a man that did these types of matches all the time. And Thesz defeated everyone that there was to beat. And unlike Taker, Thesz was the biggest star of his era. Big era stars have always beaten Taker.

I don't think it matters as much as some users think it does.

It really doesn't. Thesz was a much bigger star than Taker. He would be booked to win. Pretty simple.

I gotta go with the Deadman, he is more than capable of going over Thez.

How do you figure? Undertaker wasn't a bigger star than Thesz. Undertaker doesn't have a bigger legacy than Thesz. Undertaker wasn't more important to the industry than Thesz. Undertaker had a losing record against top stars of the industry, and Lou Thesz was a top industry star. Lou Thesz spent 18 years as a world champion in some form or another. That's almost as long as Taker's streak.

Plus Taker gets a stiffy for actual fighters. He'd gladly put over Lou Thesz. Who was the real deal.

Vote Lou Thesz. A true legend of wrestling.

Not sure how anyone could argue for the Undertaker here. This match would be right up Thesz's alley. Sure Taker could go an hour, but in the hour it would be Thesz taking Taker apart. Thesz to the next round in a walk.

Not only is Thesz a much bigger deal in the history of wrestling, he has a lot more stamina than Undertaker and would be able to beat him in a war of attrition. This has to be Thesz.

The worst possible match draw for Taker and the best possible match for Thesz as all of his NWA title matches had to go 60 minutes to a finish. Thesz wins this, then has an Old Fashioned with his lady friend.

Undertaker is quite possibly my favorite wrestler of all time, but you gotta go Thesz here. This plays so well into these favor with the time limit. While I think the match will be closer than what some here are saying (I'd guess Thesz wins either 2-1 or 3-2), you gotta go with Lou here.

Also, I voted Thesz but my phone decided to vote Taker I guess. Whatever, doesn't matter either way.

Also, I voted Thesz but my phone decided to vote Taker I guess. Whatever, doesn't matter either way.

Its Taker using his dark magic tricks again.. I was gonna vote for the hairy chest guy too (because I have hairy chest as well, which is uncommon these days) but I ended up voting for the dead man.

But on the other hand, the longer a match goes, the more the likelihood of Undertaker scoring the win. So that could be a factor too, in a 60-minute match. So maybe Taker is the best choice after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back