WCW Region, Chicago Subregion, Second Round: (8) Great Muta vs. (9) Ted DiBiase

Who Wins This Match?

• Great Muta

• Ted DiBiase

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Chicago Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the All State Arena, Chicago, Illinois

url

13.jpg

#8. Great Muta

Vs.

1751754-ted_dibiase.jpg

#9. Ted DiBiase

This match takes place one week following the first round.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I love both of these guys so it's difficult to choose. If pressed I think that in a 1-off match and especially in a tournament, Dibiase would cheat like fuck to win and most likely have a plan right from the start.
This is the guy who finished runner up to Randy Savage in the tournament following the Andre fiasco and shortly afterwards won King of the Ring. MDM should be a dark horse to progress far in this tournament, he won't win but he wouldn't lose at this point. Expect Dibiase walking backwards up the ramp as usual, big smile on his face as Muta fumes in the ring.

this would be an entertaining match. Im on the fence here.

The million dollar man was always involved in the more entertaining programs of wwf's golden era.

Booking this tournament, you would have to keep this asshole in it to the near end. He would generate heat by cheating his way through the tournament with his slave Virgil lol.

I say, he beats Muta in the end by cheating of course.

I'm going with Muta. The fact of the matter is that DiBiase's popularity is greatly overstated because he had a great character - Yes, he main evented WrestleMania IV, but by the following year he was feuding with Brutus Beefcake, and definitively in the mid card. I'm not trying to belittle his achievements, but I think the fact he played the character so well has made people overstate how good he was and how much of a threat he was to Hogan etc.

Muta's influence can't be underemphasised, but the reason I'm giving this to him is despite being a Japanese wrestler who spent almost all of his time in Japan, he has still won more US promotions' World Championships than DiBiase. When you then consider his Japanese trophy room, DiBiase pales in comparison.

Great Muta should be able to take this. He was a sneaky, crafty, dirty bastard; much more so than Ted Dibiase. Muta is faster, and better conditioned; he can fly when he needs to and he's a superior technician.

And he's got the Mist; with different colors that do different things. And even if Dibiase can scout it, he can't really aviod it.

I love Ted Dibiase as much as anyone else but Tasty is right. People love the Million Dollar Man gimmick so much that they remember Dibiase being more successful than he was. He made quite an impression by jumping into a feud with Hogan upon his debut and main eventing WM4, but by the end of 1988 he was feuding with Hercules and like Tasty said had a pretty meaningless match with Beefcake at WM5. Dibiase could always jump back to the main event when needed and was always great in whatever role he was cast but he just wasn't that successful in the win column. I think Muta has the more impressive resume. Not only was he a huge name in Japan but he was one of the more successful Japanesse wrestlers to come to the states. Muta moves on here.

Gimme DiBiase. Muta had a physical presence over the Million Dollar Man, but Ted at any point could have half the roster in his pocket. This match ends with Muta threatening the Green Mist, but DiBiase ducks it(the mist hitting Virgil), & Ted gets the roll up with the feet on the ropes for the Win

DiBiases pays his dues to get to the 3rd round.

Ted was great in the ring but Muta was everybit as good in the ring and more. Ted did cut the best promos of all time, having members of the crowd do humilating things for cash (klondike should pay vince some royalties for that)

I have it pretty much even and when all things are even I gotta give to the guy with a manager. Of course you cant call Virgil a manager but you know what i mean. Ted pulls it out with a little help from his employee.

Muta would win here. He has a vast moveset and won more titles than Ted could buy. DiBiase was great on the mic and decent in the ring. Problem is that he couldnt get it done against the best. His heel promos carry him too far in the minds of fans and they dont realize he wasnt that great. Just because you have a great laugh, throw around money and have a useless belt made for yourself- doesnt mean you are the best. Muta would eventually just spit the mist in his eyes and be done with it.

Mist in the eyes and a nice moonsault at the 15 minute mark takes out the Million Dollar Man.

Muta is the more internationally recognised wrestler. He is one of the most iconic Japanese wrestlers of his time. Even though he wrestled in America for a short period, he did have a pretty successful outing in WCW, winning multiple championships.

Dibiase is a great character, but not in the same league as a wrestler.

Muta with the green mist for the three count

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back