WCW Monday Nitro: The Complete Season?

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
o_kPYJTzqfWa00bHz.jpg

While I'm coming to the conclusion that this is almost 100% impossible, since W.W.E owns the video archives and all. Can someone please kill that last .01% chance in my head that this is legit true?

I randomly found this while searching something else off google. It lead me to a web-site similar to e-bay, but not e-bay, where someone was selling entire Season sets of Nitro.

Basically, Season meaning year.

Season 1 - 1995
Season 2 - 1996, etc, etc.

Is this fake - or could it be legit and real????

Thats what I kinda figured. I like the concept, and whoever made these (once again assuming the job he did is as described in his "each DVD is in great quality, each show is in perfect condition") seems to put a lot of time and effort into it.

The complete series (95-01) is selling for a mere $125.00

If I knew I'd get the complete Nitro series, I'd do that in less than a heartbeat.

Sounds like a lot of money for a video recording transfered to DVD. Even if it is a whole series.

When you consider, 20 DVDs spanning the entire history of Summerslam, or the Royal Rumble cost you closer to $200.00 (when they first came out)

A DVD complete series of the entire Nitro shows from 95-01, for under $150.00 is cheap to me. But even at being cheap, its still a lot of money to waste on someone whom I've never met.. giving me their word, these discs are in perfect condition, and the show(s) are 100% all there and in perfect order/length.

Copies sometimes don't take properly. He can't give you his work because I doubt he watches each individual copy.

How many discs is it? 1995-2001, I still think it'd be a couple of hundred discs.

Get Billy Gunn: The Complete Collection instead. I hear they have his appearance on Sabrina The Teenage Witch on the extras.

Am I seriously the only person on this forum who's ever heard of CrazyMax?

99.9% of the wrestling DVDs I own infringe on copyrights. Let's see...pay $25 for a WWE PPV...or get the same PPV for $2. Tough choice there.

See, here's the funny thing. I'm not the guy committing the illegal crime, because I didn't make the DVDs. And I'm not stupid enough to sell them.

Furthermore, its from "free tv". (as free, as cable/satellite could be, anyways) If you own a VCR/DVD recorder, then you can make whatever you want. I have a cabinet full of Wrestling VHS tapes dating back to 1995. I'd just prefer all of that stuff, to be more secure on a disc that won't wear over time and be unusable.

And, as for the copyright infringement.. yes, and no. Yes, obviously, because he's taking something that you aren't legally meant to sell as your own. No, because he could possibly be giving away the DVDs (with whatever contents may be on them) free, and charging people for the "work" he put into creating them. (How do you think people on e-bay get away with it?)

One last note, Ricky. Do you own any WWE/WCW/ECW/ROH/TNA/etc, made DVDs? (by "made", I mean that you've bought from a store, that was produced by 'said' Company) If so, and if you've ever sold them for more than what you purchased them for.. you, too, would be committing a crime.

I don't sell anything of mine. Mainly because I enjoy collecting it more. If you, or anyone else wants to file a protest against whoever created that box-set.. be my guest. I'm quite sure that'll stop all the illegal disc/cd/game copying, all around the world. :rolleyes:

Until then.. I'm still waiting on the original question asked.. that being.. is this, legit? (fake, copied, burnt, remade.. whatever, if they're 100% in complete order and all there, I'd consider buying it.)

Until then.. I'm still waiting on the original question asked.. that being.. is this, legit? (fake, copied, burnt, remade.. whatever, if they're 100% in complete order and all there, I'd consider buying it.)

It could be, there IS a full series set out there that was made a few years back. It all depends on who the seller is. Have you ever dabbled in the trading community? I'd suggest Crazy Max as the way to go, all the way man. Great and reliable people on there. I'm not sure if new registrations are open right now though, you'll have to check.

Seeing as Nitro approached 3 hours an episode, and that's in decent quality no more than 1 DVD per episode, this has to be DVD-ROMS full of xvid copies. Regardless of the fact that WWE owns the rights to all WCW material so it would be an official WWE DVD if legit. Don't waste your time buying it, just download it instead, just as legal/illegal.

Seeing as Nitro approached 3 hours an episode, and that's in decent quality no more than 1 DVD per episode, this has to be DVD-ROMS full of xvid copies. Regardless of the fact that WWE owns the rights to all WCW material so it would be an official WWE DVD if legit. Don't waste your time buying it, just download it instead, just as legal/illegal.

1 DVD per episode would mean the quality on this is probably total shit. Any self-respecting trader/seller would put the 3 hour episodes on 2 DVDs each. Absent is right too if they're simply xvids than don't even waste your time. There are plenty of places you can get high quality rips from online Will.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back