Voting because you haven't played the other

There are 128 games in this tournament. I struggled to come up with a list of 50, many of which I don't see in here. If people didn't vote in match ups where they haven't played both games, you'd have final votes of 2-1 in some categories. Now I suppose you could argue that 2-1 is just as good as 37-1, but at least you know you're drawing people in with the latter.

Plus, you can educate yourself on a game without having played it. Sure, nothing is as good as actually getting your hands dirty and playing the game, but if you look for some gameplay videos, screen caps, or even read a blog about it or something, you can get the general idea of what it's about. If you're still unconvinced that the game was significant, vote for the game you played. If your research has piqued your interest, try to play the game and see what you think. It's not that hard, and I'm sure there's at least a handful of people who will take that approach.

I'm specifically refraining from the matches where I haven't played both games. I know that leaves some threads with a low amount of votes and voters, but it's better having people vote that know what they're talking about. Says I.

They call the opposite of that a "SavageTaker circa 2009".

Because you've heard of the game FFVI is up against.

To be fair, I'm cocky enough to say if I've not played a game there's a good reason for it so I can vote against it if I want. Just thought I'd get some discussion. It's better than claiming I played 10 mins of it or "I never did get into it much"

In most cases, I won't vote in a thread if I didn't play both games. HOWEVER, there are a few games that I love way to much, and I will vote for those games. If a game like Rock Band was against something I've never played, I'd not vote. BUT if a game like Banjo Kazooie, one of my all time favorites, was against a game I've never played, I'd vote. Because I want my game to win, and in most cases, there is a reason I never played a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back