Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Zombi

• The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Zombi (1979, Directed by Lucio Fulci)

z.jpg

Synopsis: After a zombie-filled boat found in a New York City harbor is traced back to a doctor in the Caribbean, a reporter seeks to uncover the answer to the question of why the dead are coming back to life.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Lucio Fulci is quite possibly the greatest horror director to ever live.

Key Disturbing Moment: A zombie and a shark take turns biting chunks out of each other underwater...I shit you not.

vs.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake (2003, Directed by Marcus Nispel)

tcm.jpg

Synopsis: You should already know what this is about.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Because it's the best horror remake Platinum Dunes will ever produce.

Key Disturbing Moment: When Leatherface casually plops some guy onto a meathook...while he's still alive.​

If by "disturbing" you mean "most awesome fucking thing EVER" then yes, the scene from Zombi comes into play here. If not, then no.

TCM was fucking stupid shit, hardly disturbing. I dont think I could call Zombi as such either, but it holds a special spot in my heart, and like fuck if I am voting for the TCM remake in any tournament

I love Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The remake), but it was not all that disturbing to be honest. Sure, it was a bit unsettling at times, but nothing that made me look away or feel sick. I can't say anything to the contrary about Zombi, since I haven't seen it yet, but any film that has a shark and a zombie fight each other will instantly get my vote.

Fulci's the king of eyeball trauma, and one scene in Zombi where a woman has her eye forced onto a sharp, splintery piece of wood still makes me cringe to this day. The only other similar scene more cringe-inducing was one in Evil Dead Trap, a little known Japanese horror flick made in 1988, but that's not in competition here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back