Viscerally Disturbing, Round 1: Dead Alive vs. The Hills Have Eyes Remake

Which Film Is More Disturbing?

• Dead Alive

• The Hills Have Eyes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Dead Alive (1992, Directed by Peter Jackson)

da.jpg

Synopsis: Some weird rat-like creature from Sumatra bites an elderly woman in New Zealand and turns her into voracious, flesh-eating zombie.

Why This Film Was Chosen: To gloat about how I knew Peter Jackson was going to be something special before any of you guys even knew who he was.

Key Disturbing Moment: Most definitely the house party finale, where the protagonist uses an uncovered lawnmower to spill more blood than you'll ever see in your entire life.

vs.

The Hills Have Eyes Remake (2006, Directed by Alexandre Aja)

thhe.jpg

Synopsis: A family touring the southwest in an RV makes the mistake of taking a shortcut that leads them to the preying grounds of a clan of psychopaths deformed by nuclear testing.

Why This Film Was Chosen: Alexandre Aja is a god among men.

Key Disturbing Moment: A gas station owner/attendant blows his brains out with a shotgun, and we get to see its execution and aftermath rotten.com-style.​

I found Dead Alive to be tediously boring up until about the final 30 minutes. That last half an hour was some of the greatest, bloodiest minutes I have ever seen. However, I was never once disturbed by Peter Jackson's cult classic. On the flip side though, The Hills Have Eyes remake was incredibly hard to watch. Alexandre Aja is one of the premier horror film directors in the business today and he really knows how to make a film revolting. The only scene I need to depict is when the mutants rape one of the girls in the trailer, while a baby is in their as well. Not only that but they fuck around with a gun in front of the baby and blow some poor girls head off. A truly horrific scene to watch. The Hills Have Eyes wins this.

You'd think the the film that garnered a record for using the most fake blood ever in a film would be colossally disturbing. However, that just isn't true. I loved Dead Alive, however it had a quirky style that made for a more humorous film than a sick one.

If you're easily revolted, then perhaps you'll be sickened by Dead Alive; it does have a handful of pretty unusual things.

The Hills Have Eyes wasn't by any means overly disturbing, but I'll vote for it by default as I think Dead Alive wasn't truly disturbing.

I love The Hills Have Eyes remake, but nothing in that film can compete with two horny undead people and their hideous offspring (how the undead can have babies, I don't know, but that little fucker was ugly as sin):

zombie_Stucon_baby.jpg

My vote goes to Dead Alive, although I won't be mad if The Hills Have Eyes advances to the next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back