Viceland’s “The Dark Side of the Ring”

Have you watched Viceland’s “The Dark Side of the Ring”?

• Yes, and will continue to do so.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • Yes, but have stopped or will stop watching.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, but interested.

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No, and uninterested.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

WCW Lead Creative

Dark Match Jobber
1F1A0C37-AC96-4152-B9C8-EEBFB670F162.jpeg

What do you think of Viceland’s series, “The Dark Side of the Ring”? I’ve only seen the 1st three episodes, I think it is a pretty good show. The show feature above average writing, direction and production. Each episode shows interviews from wrestlers, friends and family, archived recorded footage from inside and outside of the ring, and well shot dramatizations. Overall, this wrestling fan gives the series, “The Dark Side of the Ring” a score of 8/10.

Right now, there is only 6 episodes:

Ep 1: The Match Made in Heaven
Art collides with real life when the mythical love story between wrestling icons Randy Savage and Miss Elizabeth explodes beyond the ring with tragic consequences.
Ep 2: The Montreal Screwjob
In one of wrestling's most infamous off-script moments, wrestler Bret Hart is stripped of his championship title through a backstage plot of betrayal that forever changes the sport.
Ep 3: The Killing of Bruising Brody
Wrestlers discuss the tragic evening in 1988 when they witnessed a locker room confrontation that resulted in the death of legendary wrestler Bruiser Brody.
Ep 4: The Last of the Von Erichs
The last surviving brother of the legendary Von Erich wrestling dynasty revisits the tragedy that plagued his once iconic family.
Ep 5: The Mysterious Death of Gorgeous Gino
New revelations about her son's death are revealed to the mother of wrestling star Gino Hernandez, whose 1986 death was believed to be a drug-related murder.
Ep 6: The Fabulous Moolah
The legacy of wrestling's biggest female star, The Fabulous Moolah, is re-examined after controversial allegations surface following her 2007 death.

Here’s a link:
The Match Made in Heaven

I'm really interested in watching this but my only way of watching it is through streaming as we don't carry viceland in canada anymore but from what i've heard, it's a great show.

Yep, great show. The Bruiser Brody episode was my favorite so far, followed by the Macho Man/Liz and Montreal Screwjob episodes. What really surprised me is I just happened to find the show by accident a week or so ago whIle channel surfing. I'd never even heard of the show or the Viceland channel. I watched all 6 episodes on demand and can't wait for more.

I'd really like to see them cover Chris Benoit and the Sid/Arn scissors fight.

Last edited:
Agreed! Those episodes need to happen! I'd also like to know what really transpired when WWF was funding ECW behind the scenes. If there is something on that subject that is out already let me know.

I'm really interested in watching this but my only way of watching it is through streaming as we don't carry viceland in canada anymore but from what i've heard, it's a great show.

They have all the episodes on YouTube. That's where I have been watching them. I won't post a link because I know it will get me banned.

Anyways, I've liked the episodes a lot. The Bruiser Brody one was the most interesting as I knew most of the stuff with Macho Man and the Von Erichs.

They have all the episodes on YouTube. That's where I have been watching them. I won't post a link because I know it will get me banned.

Anyways, I've liked the episodes a lot. The Bruiser Brody one was the most interesting as I knew most of the stuff with Macho Man and the Von Erichs.

Thanks, i will check them out.

I'm also hoping they'll eventually cover Owen Hart, Dino Bravo, Jimmy Snuka, Chyna, Sensational Sherri, Curt Hennig and Road Warrior Hawk.

Last edited:
they should do the death of wcw.....

and get as many people involved with killing it and writing the book involved as they can.

Its one of those shows I like but also don't cause its always very sad by the end. I must say though the most eye opening was the Bruiser Brody episode. I didn't sleep right for days afterwards.

Aren't they doing a Season 2?

Its one of those shows I like but also don't cause its always very sad by the end. I must say though the most eye opening was the Bruiser Brody episode. I didn't sleep right for days afterwards.

Aren't they doing a Season 2?

Yes. I believe I read that there will be 10 new episodes including ones about Chris Benoit, Jimmy Snuka and Dino Bravo.

Last edited:
Has anyone been watching this?

I watched the Benoit double episode, Bret Hart episode and I'm hopefully going to watch The Brawl For All episode in the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back