• MattMoses

• Uncle Sam

• a0161613

• Papa Shango

Results are only viewable after voting.

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Who has the best show? Vote.

Alright, well, I did as much as could with my free time. But seeing as I had finals Thursday through Monday, and moving Tuesday and Wednesday, I could only completely
finish five of my eight matches. So, here's what I managed to write.

UWE PRESENTS: SPRING SHOWDOWN
Hello, everyone, and welcome to Spring Showdown! I’m Papa Shango (no relation), here on commentary, and let me tell you, the atmosphere here tonight is electric, it’s contagious! We have a stacked line-up here tonight, so let’s not waste any more time here. Up first is the United States Championship Match!
Open Invitational Six Pack Challenge for the UWE United States Championship
Out first is the United States Champion, John “Bradshaw” Layfield. And fans, it was last week that JBL surprised the world by resurrecting the de-activated United Stated Championship, the title whose lineage goes back through the WWE, through WCW, and back to the old National Wrestling Alliance. And by bringing back this prestigious title, JBL aims to convince the world that he is a champion of legends. But Vince McMahon says, “Prove it,” and has set up this match. The rules are simple; five competitors have signed up to be in this match against JBL. All six wrestlers will be wresting actively at once. This is NOT elimination rules; the first superstar to get a pin fall or submission decision over another superstar will be the winner and walk away as the United States Champion. And it appears as if JBL will be joining the announcer’s booth for a minute.
“Let’s take a look at who had the audacity to challenge me, a wrestling god. Heck, I wouldn’t be surprised if they couldn’t even get five other men to sign up for this match.”
*My name is Finlay, and I love to fight!*
“Well JBL, it looks like there’s at least one man in the locker who’s not afraid to face you- the Fighting Irishman, Finlay!”
“I’ll hand it to Finlay; He is a fierce competitor. He loves to fight, he’s a natural brawler. But he also knows how to use shoot-style technical wrestling to his advantage, AND he knows a few submissions holds that, quite frankly, hurt a lot. But I’ve had Finlay’s number for a long time now, and he just doesn’t stand a chance in hell against me.”
*I spit in the face of people who don’t want to be cool.*
“Carlito?! Are you kidding me?! That fuzzy-haired punk has never beaten me in his life, and now he thinks he can just waltz on down here and take the belt away from me?”
“Well, JBL, remember, you don’t even have to be involved in the decision to lose your championship tonight, and perhaps that is what Carlito is thinking now.
And here’s most likely why. RIKISHI is making his way down to the ring.”
“Rikishi?! What is that fat tub o’ lard thinking? He can’t compete; he’s had the hell beaten out of him too much.”
“Well, that is true, John. As we all know, Rikishi has been suffering from what appears to be a serious injury to his ribs. He has them heavily taped. I’m not quite sure who is doctor is, but he has to be either negligent or insane to clear Rikishi to compete tonight. Then again, if I were his doctor, I’d probably be inclined to let the big man do whatever he wants.
Uh-oh, John, here comes trouble. Bobby Lashley is on his way down to the ring. And he has looked good recently, performing admirably in the battle royal, and he is at least partially responsible for Rikishi’s injuries. And, I think I should add that Lashley has a history of taking championships away from you, JBL.”
“Aw, shut up! Lashley has been nothing but a lucky punk his entire life. He doesn’t stand a chance against five men, especially seeing as one of those men is ME!”
*DAMN!*
“Oh, my God, look who it is! It’s your old tag team partner, John, Ron Simmons! And by the look on his face, he has no intention of ever forgiving you for leaving him high and dry against the Dudley Boyz, effectively ending the APA. Well, fans, for once, it appears as if JBL is speechless. He is in the ring now, staring down Ron Simmons.”
And the bell has rung, and Simmons goes DIRECTLY for JBL. JBL ducks to outside, but Simmons is right behind him, and they are now trading blows on the outside. Meanwhile, the other four men have started up against each other. Rikishi has Carlito in the corner, but Carlito throws a stiff shot to Rikishi’s ribs, and lives the big man winded. But LOOK OUT, here’s Finlay with a big back suplex on Carlito. Goes for the pin… 1… 2… no, Lashley breaks it up. He throws Finlay out of the ring and goes after Carlito by himself. Vertical suplex only gets a two count. Meanwhile, Finlay has met up with JBL and Ron Simmons on the outside. He’s a brawler, and he wants a piece of both men, but JBL and Simmons hit a double clothesline on Finlay! And now they’re right back at each other. Lashley picks up Carlito in a military press, but Rikishi hits a thrust kick on Lashley. Carlito falls right on top of Lashley, but Rikishi breaks it up at two. He throws Carlito outside and goes after Lashley. Elbow drop gets two. Leg Drop also gets two. JBL hits a neckbreaker on Simmons on the ramp and starts making way back towards the ring. But Finlay hits a dropkick on JBL’s knee. Finlay’s on the apron now, and he dives, Senton Bomb! Finlay rolls JBL into the ring, goes for the cover, but only gets two and a half! Carlito is back in the ring now, but he gets met by a big clothesline by Lashley. Finlay sneaks up on Lashley, rolls him up… 1… 2… no, Lashley kicks out! Ron Simmons is back in the ring, going after JBL, but JBL hits him with Big Boot, and Simmons falls to the outside. Finlay catches Carlito by surprise and hits the Celtic Cross!! Finlay turns around… and gets NAILED by the Clothesline From Hell!! Finlay rolls to the floor. Rikishi is up and scoop slams JBL. Rikishi is setting him up for a Banzai Drop now, but JBL rolls out of the way. Rikishi turns around to find JBL… and gets a SPEAR from Lashley. Lashley sees JBL getting up now, and goes to spear him too, but JBL moves out of the way, just as Simmons is getting back on the apron… and takes the spear from Lashley! JBL tosses Lashley to the outside, and goes to pin Rikishi. 1… 2… 3!! That’s it. JBL sees his opportunity and takes it, and he is still the United States Champion.
WINNER and STILL United States Champion, John “Bradshaw” Layfield! (10:52)
There is carnage everywhere. The only movement in the ring is JBL slinking out with his title, and Bobby Lashley, who can’t quite seem to believe what just transpired here. But, there’s no question, JBL is still the United States Champion.

Backstage, we see Tomko warming up for his match with Batista, when Christian Cage walks in.
“Hey, Tomko, man. I just wanted to wish ya luck with your match tonight. I want to be out there with ya, I really do. But I gotta ready for Ladder match with that Judas AJ Styles. I’m gonna get my Intercontinental Championship back, I guarantee it. And even though I can’t be out there with ya tonight, I’d really appreciate it if you’d come on out and be in my corner for my match.”
“What the hell makes you think I WANT to back you up tonight?! It’s your damn fault that Batista wants my blood in the first place. Besides, I got no opinion about the beef between you and AJ. If I’m bored, I MAY come out for the match. But for now, consider yourself on your own. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to get to the ring for my match.”

We now see Randy Orton in his locker room as he prepares for his UWE World Championship No Holds Barred match later tonight. He seems focused, determined, as he gives himself a pep talk in his mirror. I think Orton wants more than the title tonight; I think he wants Eddie Guerrero’s blood on his hands.

Batista vs. Tomko
As Tomko makes his way to ring, allow me to explain how all this came about. At Redemption, our last PPV, it was Batista vs. Christian Cage for the Intercontinental Championship. And Batista seemed to have the match won, when Tomko and AJ Styles interfered, effectively costing The Animal the title. In a No. 1 Contender’s battle royal, AJ Styles and Tomko were inserted to insure that Batista didn’t get another shot. During the match, AJ Styles washed his hands of Christian. But Tomko, after being eliminated by Batista, came back into the ring and eliminated Batista. Batista has since been unable to get his hands on Tomko, but tonight, he gets his chance.
And now the unmistakable music of The Animal has gotten the crowd on their feet. But where is Batista? There’s no sign of him. Wait, there he is, in the crowd! Batista storms the ring, getting the jump on Tomko, and this match has started with a bang! Batista’s getting some mounted punches in on Tomko, receding to a corner before the ref disqualifies him. As Tomko rises, Batista takes him down with a big-time shoulder block. More blows are traded between the two, before Tomko rolls out of the ring. But Batista won’t relent, and he goes outside the ring after him. But Tomko turns around and nails The Animal with a clothesline. After a few stomps to the head for good measure, Tomko lifts Batista, and drops him throat first on the barricade. Tomko then rams Batista’s back into the ring apron, and rolls him into the ring and goes for a pin. He gets a two count. He goes for an elbow drop, but Batista moves out of the way. He reverses Tomko’s Irish Whip attempt into the turnbuckle, and proceeds to hit a series of shoulder thrusts to the midsection of Tomko. After a series of traded blows and rest holds, Tomko hits a neckbreaker for a two count. Batista rises, dodges a clothesline, and hits a spear! 1… 2… NO! Tomko kicks out and starts to get back up. Batista looks to be going for another spear or body attack, but Tomko reverses it into a huge powerslam! Good Lord, the strength of Tomko! He’s lifting Batista onto his shoulders, and hits the torture rack backbreaker, but he can only get a 2 count again. Tomko is getting frustrated now. What’s this? He’s going to the top turnbuckle. He’s measuring up The Animal. Double Axe Handle- NO!! Batista catches Tomko in mid-air and uses Tomko’s own momentum against him, hitting a HUGE SPINEBUSTER!! That looked to put him out, but Batista wants to be sure. He’s signaling for the Batista Bomb… Tomko’s up… and DOWN. BATISTA BOMB!! 1… 2… 3! Batista wins in impressive fashion. Both men showed amazing feats of power and strength in that match, but in the end, The Animal comes out on top.
Winner- Batista (9:37)
Batista makes his way back up the ramp victorious. Tomko is looking hurt, yet angry. I think he may want more of Batista. But for now, it looks like he’ll have to deal with a loss on his record.

Vince McMahon is watching the show from inside his office. He seems genuinely impressed with Batista’s victory. And Triple H comes barging in.
“Ah, Hunter. Did you see that last match? Now that’s what I call impressive. The way Batista took his opportunity, then insured his victory with that power bomb for good measure. You want that No. 1 contender’s spot? You’ll need an even more competitive yet decisive victory over Rey Mysterio.”
“Well, you see Vince, that’s kinda why I came here. I was hoping to convince you last minute to make the match a No. 1 Contender’s match. But, it appears you’ve got your mind set on different ideas. And I know better than to try to change your mind. So, I guess really the only other thing I have to say is, that I hope someone tells Rey Mysterio to be careful on his way to the ring. Someone may try to harm him… or already has.”
Triple H leaves the office. After a moment, Vince picks up the phone.
“I need someone to find Rey Mysterio, now.”

MNM vs. The Dudley Boyz- Tables Match for the UWE Tag Team Championships
Here comes UWE’s newest tag team, John Morrison and Joey Mercury, also known as MNM. And frankly fans, I don’t like these two one bit. They’re cocky, arrogant, egotistical, cheaters. Now, the Dudleys may be abrasive, but they care for the business and the fans. MNM are in it for themselves, and have no respect for anyone else. To be honest, I’m kind of glad that Vince McMahon changed this match to a Tables Match. Even if MNM walk out of here with the tag team titles, there’s a good chance that this hardcore battle will be bloody enough to humble them.
And here come the Dudley Boyz, with a few extra tables in tow. I guess they didn’t trust the officials to provide them as many as they’d prefer.
This match is being contested under “one fall” rules. In order for the elimination to count, a team has to be directly responsible for their opponent going through the table.
MNM is meeting the Dudleys on the outside! This match is starting outside the ring! The Dudleys manage to take down Morrison and isolate Mercury inside the ring. They hit a double suplex, followed by a double elbow drop. Morrison is back inside now, and hits a roundhouse kick on D-Von. Bubba Ray quickly takes down Morrison with some punches, and then hits an elbow drop. D-Von is back in and hits a rolling elbow smash on Morrison. Mercury back in with a Kendo stick! A few shots to each of the Dudleys, and then a neck breaker on Bubba. MNM then hits simultaneous leg drops on Bubba. Uh-oh, D-Von looks to be bringing a table in the ring… oh! MNM with a double baseball slide, smashing D-Von in the face with the table! MNM rolls out of the ring and sets up a table on the outside. Bubba Ray has the Kendo stick now, and hits Morrison and Mercury with a couple shots, and then rolls Morrison into the ring. D- Von suplexes Mercury on the outside. Bubba Ray picks up Morrison and drops him with a body slam, then grabs the legs. D-Von up top… WASSUP!! Diving head butt! Ouch, that’s gotta hurt. Probably not gonna be many baby Morrisons running around any time soon. Morrison’s down, Mercury’s down. Bubba shove’s D-Von.
“D-VON!!”
“WHAT?”
“… GET THE TABLES!!”
Look out MNM it’s table time! Bubba Ray and D-Von grab a pair of tables and bring them in the ring. Bubba sets up one table in the corner, while Joey Mercury gets the other table in his gut. Meanwhile, Morrison has snuck up on Bubba Ray and kicks him in the back of the knee, then smashes his head into the table. Morrison and D-Von face off in the middle of the ring, trading blows, before D-Von gains the upper hand with strong knee strike. But Mercury gets behind D-Von and hits a big reverse DDT. MNM then sets up Bubba Ray against the table. Assisted Irish Whip… Mercury leaps toward Bubba, who MOVES OUT OF THE WAY!! Mercury just launched himself into the table! Bubba Ray hits Morrison with one hard elbow and then drops him with a back suplex. Bubba Ray starts setting up the second table. He grabs Morrison. He’s setting him up for a Power Bomb. No, Morrison floats over Bubba Ray and hits a strong neck breaker. D-Von is starting to rise now. Morrison measuring him up, and NAILS a huge running enziguri! John now goes over to Mercury, and starts to get him up. Both Dudleys are pretty big men, it’ll probably take both Morrison and Mercury to put either through a table. But Bubba Ray is back up, and Morrison doesn’t notice. Bubba Ray grabs Morrison… BUBBA BOMB!! What a devastating maneuver. Mercury has rolled out of the ring, but LOOK OUT! D-Von is right there. He hits him hit a few right hands, and tosses him back in the ring, where Bubba Ray is waiting with Kendo stick. After a few shots the back, Bubba Ray sets Mercury up on his shoulders. D-Von gets up top on the turnbuckle. They’re looking to end it here, with the Dudleyville Device. But Mercury counters Bubba into a victory roll, and D-Von crashes through the table. A dropkick to the face incapacitates Bubba Ray, and John Morrison hits a running shooting star press. Mercury is on the outside getting another table and slides it into the ring. But Bubba Ray is starting to rise. Morrison bounds off the ropes, but Bubba counters. Back body drop OVER the top rope. And CRASHES through the table MNM had set up outside. Mercury has a chair now as well. He goes to hit Bubba Ray with it… Bubba ducks… and Mercury hits the referee instead! Mercury turns around and gets nailed with a sidekick! The Dudleys set up the new table. Both Mercury and Morrison are dazed. Bubba Ray picks up Mercury. He’s still out of it, there’s not much he can do. Irish Whip… Mercury is up… 3D!! 3D THROUGH THE TABLE!! That’s it, the Dudleys win the match. Wait a minute… the bell hasn’t rung. Oh, no, the official is still down! The Dudleys are trying to get him up to call the finish, but it’s no use. He’s still out. Wait, look out! Morrison’s back in and he’s got the chair. He hits D-Von in the back, and as Bubba turns around, he gets a chair shot to the skull. Morrison delivers another shot to D-Von, then checks on the referee. Looks like he’s still out. Morrison goes to Mercury and helps him up. Mercury looks like he’s in pretty bad shape still, but he’s standing. Morrison goes to get D-Von and kicks Bubba Ray out of the ring. Morrison and Mercury signal for the finish… they lift D-Von up… SNAPSHOT ON THE CHAIR!! The ref is coming to now. Morrison drags D-Von over to the wreckage of the table from the 3D. Oh, no, there’s no way… the ref sees MNM, sees D-Von on the remains of the table, and HE’S CALLING FOR THE BELL?!
Winners and NEW UWE Tag Team Champions- MNM (18:12)
Oh, this is unbelievable! MNM have stolen the win and the titles from the Dudley Boyz. Well, they better run and hide, because once the ref and the Dudleys see they were all hoodwinked, there will be to pay, and it will be paid in blood, the blood of John Morrison and Joey Mercury.

Backstage, we see Trish Stratus making her to the ring. Her match with Mickie James is next, and it is for the UWE Women’s Championship.

Tomko is seen leaving the medics’ station with an ice pack. He walks along until who should he bump into but the Intercontinental Champion, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles. Tomko is clearly irritated.
“Alright, look, AJ, Christian has already been around asking for me to be in his corner tonight, and I’m gonna tell you the same thing I told him-“
“Save it, Tomko. I already know what you and Cage said earlier. You were being filmed. You honestly didn’t realize that. Look we’re even being filmed now. There’s the camera, right there. I’m just here to tell ya that I don’t care if you pick a side. I don’t care if show up at ringside. I don’t care if you go play cheerleader in Christian’s corner. But just know that if you get physically involved in MY match, if you put a harmful hand on me or a helpful one on Cage, if you step foot in the ring, hell if you even get up on the apron… I will make you regret it.”
“Are you threatening me?”
“No, I’m promising you. The beatdown you will receive at my hands will be simply… phenomenal.”
And Styles walks off, leaving Tomko to fume over the warning he received.
Mickie James is making her way out for the Women’s Championship Match.

UWE Women’s Championship Match- Mickie James vs. Trish Stratus
Well fans, as you know, it was at Awakening that Trish Stratus defeated Mickie James to be crowned the UWE Women’s Champion. They then were faced with a common enemy, in the form of ODB and Angelina Love. After defeating them in a tag team match at Redemption, Mickie turned on Trish, making it clear her intention to further pursue the Women’s title. Trish Stratus agreed to a match, and that match will take place right now.
Trish Stratus is in the ring now, and this contest is under way. The two ladies lock up, and Trish backs Mickie James into the corner. The referee calls for the clean break. Trish backs up, then clocks Mickie with a hard forearm. Mickie makes her way to the center of the ring, but gets taken down by a snapmare, followed by a hard kick to the back and surfboard stretch. Trish is really applying a lot of pressure to Mickie’s back. Mickie finally get to ropes, and Trish is forced to relinquish the hold. The ladies goes for another lock-up, but this time, Mickie James feints and hits a knee to Trish’s midsection. Ow, and then a toss by the hair. The ref issues a warning about the hair, but Mickie James is too busy stomping on Trish to listen. Trish is back up, double leg takedown, and starts punching Mickie James. Mickie is in the corner, Trish with some HARD chest slaps. Small package gets a two count. Mickie connects with a few shots, then Irish Whips Trish. But Trish counters… Air Stratus. The Lou Thesz press takes down Mickie James. Mickie James gets up and gets nailed with hard back kick. 1… 2… Mickie James kicks out. Mickie gets up, goes to clothesline… MaTrish evasion… MaTrish Reloaded! Trish grabs Mickie with her legs and hits a whirlybird headscissors takedown. Pin attempt gets two. Trish goes to the top turnbuckle… Flying crossbody! But Mickie rolls through. 1… 2… NO, Trish kicks out. Mickie with more kicks and then a jackknife pin. Trish bridges out and up, then counters with a neckbreaker. Both women get up at the same time, and then clothesline each other. Both women are down, and the ref begins to count. But by 8, both women are back up. Mickie James jumps up, and nails a beautiful hurricanrana. Grabs the leg… 1… 2… no, Trish kicks out. Mickie with a dropkick, sends Trish to the corner. Trish and Mickie go to the top turnbuckle. Mickie-canrana! Mickie goes for the cover. 1… 2… no, Trish kicks out at two-and-a-half! Trish stands. Mickie is measuring Trish and goes for the Mick Kick… No, Trish dodges it! Mickie bounds off the ropes, but Trish reverses and nails a big spinebuster. Trish is waiting now, measuring Mickie for a finish. She sets up Mickie… Stratusfaction!! Pin cover! 1… 2… NO! Another near-fall! It looked like Mickie may not have gotten her shoulder up in time. Trish gets up to double-check the decision with the ref, but Mickie rolls up Trish with a schoolgirl. She’s got the pants, and the feet on the ropes. 1… 2… 3!!! Mickie wins the match and the Women’s title!
Winner and NEW UWE Women’s Championship- Mickie James (11:38)
Mickie celebrates her big win and makes her back up the ramp, with Trish looking on incredulously. Mickie has taken Trish’s prized championship. But I doubt Trish will allow Mickie to celebrate for long. Considering such a controversial finish, I bet we’ll see these two face each again.

We see Vince in his office once more, pacing this time. Rey Mysterio walks in.
“I hear you wanted to see me, Mr. McMahon?”
“Ah, Rey, there you are. No, I just wanted to make sure you were prepared for your match tonight. Make sure you were 100%.”
“I’m fine, Vince. I’m all set. No injuries. No nerves. I’m gonna go out there and prove myself to be No. 1 contender once again.”
“I figured as much. It’s just that damn Triple H playing mind games. Well, Rey, good luck out there. You better get out there. Your match is next.”

Rey Mysterio exits the office, and starts to make his way out the ring. But Triple H attacks him in the hallway. He throws Rey into the wall. He starts dragging Rey along and onto the entrance ramp. Triple H throws Rey Mysterio down the ramp to the foot of the apron. After bouncing his head off the apron, Triple H throws Mysterio into the steel steps. He’s reaching under the ring now… oh no, it’s the sledgehammer! Triple H delivers a devastating blow to the midsection with his prized equalizer. He brings Mysterio into the ring and orders that the bell be rung to start the match. The referee relunctantly begins the match.
Triple H vs. Rey Mysterio
Triple H sets Rey up for the Pedigree, but Rey miraculous counters into a pinning maneuver. Triple H almost immediately kicks out, but is quite surprised that Rey is showing signs of a fight in him still. But the sledgehammer shot has clearly taken its toll. Rey is holding his ribs and crawling into a corner. Trips is mocking Rey now, slapping him around the head and neck, while Rey tries to cover up. Triple H is now on his knees in the middle of the ring, daring Rey to try and get a shot in on him. Rey lifts himself up in the corner, then with a surprising burst of speed, darts out and dropkicks Triple H right in the face! Trips tries to recover quickly, but Rey is all over him now, delivering a flurry of kicks to the back and legs. Triple H is finally back up, but Mysterio is off the ropes and hits a dropkick to the knee. This takes Trips down for a sec, enough for Rey to get in another dropkick, this time to the head. As Triple H rises, Rey springboards off the ropes, but flies RIGHT into a big clothesline! Triple H does not look pleased at all. He clearly thought he was going to have it easy after that pre-match assault. After some mounted punches, Triple H applies a strong abdominal wrench hold on Rey, and you can see how painful it is. Right now, the injury sustained by the sledgehammer is clearly a bad one. Rey is nearly screaming in pain. After awhile, Rey manages to get an arm around the ropes for an automatic break. Rey Mysterio is bad shape. He goes for a hard kick, but HHH anticipated it and reversed it into an Atomic Drop. HHH Irish whips Mysterio, runs to the opposite ropes, hits the BIG KNEE to the face. Pin attempt gets two. Triple H picks up Rey, and goes to scoop slam him, but Mysterio slides out of it and jumps on Triple H’s shoulders, and performs a victory roll, which gets a two-count. As Triple H gets up, Mysterio hits an impressive spinning headscissors, taking HHH down once again. Mysterio gets on the apron, and springboards, landing a nice seated senton. 1… 2… and a kick-out by Triple H. Mysterio tries for the senton again, but this time Triple H counters with a vicious powerbomb!! 1… 2… NO!! Mysterio kicks out at two-and-a-half!! Triple H hits a hard knee drop and goes for another pin, which gets another two count. As Mysterio rises, Triple H lunges off the ropes, but Mysterio hits a drop toehold, and Triple H is in position for the 619!! And Mysterio connects. Triple is down, and Mysterio springboards… Droppin’ the Dime!! Cover… 1… 2… NO!! Triple H gets a shoulder up and two-and-a-half!! Mysterio bounds off the ropes again, but Triple H reverses into a BIG spinebuster!! HHH is calling for the finish. He sets Mysterio up for the Pedigree, but Mysterio counters. He’s up on HHH’s shoulders… WEST COAST POP!! HHH lands right on his head. Mysterio grabs the legs… 1… 2… 3!! That’s it!! Mysterio with the upset!! He wins!
Winner- Rey Mysterio (13:39)
Well, Mysterio went there wanting to impress Mr. McMahon, to prove that he deserves another shot at the World Title. And after that impressive underdog win, he may very well have done exactly that. And HHH is livid. His championship dreams seem to have been spoiled once again. Who knows what lengths he’ll go to get another chance?

Unfortunately, this is as much as I could do this week. Like I said, moving was hectic for me these last fews days. So I’ll sum up the other results as best as I can.

AJ Styles d. Christian Cage in the Ladder Match to retain the IC Championship. Tomko sided with Cage, and at one point even pushed over Styles’ ladder. But later interference was botched, as Tomko accidentally hit Cage with the Big Boot, then got a ladder to the face. Styles then hit the Styles Clash on Cage and climbed the ladder to retrieve the title belt.

Umaga d. The Rock. Umaga accidentally hit the referee, and then received a Rock Bottom. Armando Estrada tried to interfere but got a Rock Bottom as well. But while The Rock was busy with Estrada, Triple H snuck down to the ring, and then hit The Rock with a sledgehammer, and then the Pedigree, dragged Umaga over The Rock, and then got the ref up, who counted the pin.

Randy Orton d. Eddie Guerrero in the No Holds Barred Match to win the UWE Championship. After a long, bloody battle that went over a half an hour and included the use of chairs, garbage cans, barbed wire baseball bats, thumbtacks, a fire extinguisher, and the announcer's table, Eddie Guerrero looked to have the match in hand. But Randy Orton rolled out of the way of a Frog Splash on the outside, and then hit an RKO on Eddie Guerrero’s low rider.

Hope you enjoyed the show. And I promise, my next show, Collision, will have complete results and match re-caps. I may choose to write in a shorter format of re-cap, though.

IPW: Show 3 - Beyond Dishonour - results

It was annouced by the commentators that American Dragon Bryan Danielson would not be appearing due to a concussion sustained at the last show.

Special Tag Match
Abyss and Tiger Mask
vs
Mike Awesome and KENTA

After the referee got caught by KENTA who was thrown as a missile by Mike Awesome, the action quickly spilt outside and went arena-wide. For Awesome and Abyss it got very bloody very quickly, while the cruiserwieghts went at it in the ring.

The end came after Awesome powerbombed Abyss through a cornered table, which left Tiger Mask isolated. KENTA's inverted Go 2 Sleep laid him out and the pin came after a huge top rope splash from Mike Awesome.

Winner: Mike Awesome and KENTA

After the match, Abyss brutalised Tiger Mask, ripping his mask off and putting him through an announcers table.

Light Heavyweight title Ladder match
Jushin Thunder Liger
vs
Petey Williams

When it was all said and done in this one, Jushin Thunder Liger became the first Impact Pro Wrestling Light Heavyweight Champion but not before he took everything Petey Williams had and then some.

Williams took a Liger bomb from the inside to the outside while Liger himself only escaped the Sharpshooter after using a nearby ladder to jab Williams in the head.

Williams did connect with a spectacular Canadian Destroyer but it was not enough to keep Liger down. Williams will probably blame this on there being no unbroken ladders in the ring. He went to the outside to retrieve one and climbed it immediately but by this time, Liger had dragged himself to his feet.

They traded punches at the top of the ladder. It looks like Williams had an advantage but Liger reversed a Canadian Destroyer inhto another liger bomb and retrieved the title belt successfully.

Winner: Jushin Thunder Liger

Last Man Standing Match - Loser gets fired, managers banned from ringside
Andre the Giant
vs
Yokozuna

It was always going to be a huge collision however neither man got put on the floor despite some amazing highimpact offense. This continued for ten minutes, including an exchange of chair shots!

The end came when the Corporate team headed out to the ring. They appeared to be working with Yokozuna who held Andre, in preparation for a Corporate con-chairto.

Andre ducked this and Yoko got knocked into next week. As the referee counted, the Corporation realised their error and tried to make nice with the Giant.

Yokozuna got counted out and the referee immediately singlalled for medical assistance.

Edge in particular seemed very intimidated. Andre seems placated when it appeared that Edge as leader offered Andre his choice of title opportunities in exchange for some assistance.

The crowd seemed a little confused and concerned, booing mildly as the Corporation raised Andre's hand

Survivor Series style elimination match
Last Chance rules - if Team HBK loses, they get no title shots while the current incumbants are champions. If they win they can shoose the rematch stipulation

The stipulation was borne out of a backstage conversation prior to the show between GM Stephanie McMahon and Shawn Michaels.

HBK played coy with his choice of partners, demanded a shot at Edge. Stephanie appeared to go along with this. That was until he tried to walk away which is when Stephanie implemented the Last Chance scenario. HBK seemed delighted by this, telling Stephanie that he "could not wait to tell the boys the good news."

Chris Hero
Claudio Castagnoli
Ted DiBiase
Haku
Edge
vs
Perry Saturn
John Kronus
Mick Foley
Samoa Joe
HBK

Fought under elimination rules, this had action at every turn. Haku was disqualified due to attacking Mick Foley with a chair before the start of the match. Foley in turn was counted out after failing to recover in time.

Edge, Samoa Joe, Ted Dibiase and Shawn Michaels took turns in eliminating Perry Saturn (Spear), John Kronus (Million Dollar Dream), Chris Hero (Sweet Chin Music) and Claudio Castagnoli (Muscle Buster). This effectively left the encounters as a tag team match.

Haku returned to distract Joe. This worked as when Joe saw him off (despite Mick Foley coming back out to attack Haku), he walked into an Edge spear.

HBK woould have to overcome the odds by himself. Edge and DiBiase were working as a well oiled team, focussing their attack on the back of the Heartbreak Kid for at least ten minutes. Despite being bloodied by an exposed turnbuckle, HBK summoned the wherewithor to counter the Million Dollar Dream with a school boy roll up.

This left Edge, who immediately jumped on HBK, pummelling him with left and rights, bloodying HBK further. He shoved HBK repeatedly in the exposed turnbuckle. He sat down on his haunches, looking for a spear to finish it off.

Edge missed this and went flying into the corner. HBK fell on his back and then nipped back up. As Edge recovered, HBK clotheslined him outside then skinned the cat to get back in. It did not take long for Edge to slide back in and HBK was tuning the band for this.

Edge slid up the superkick attempt and kicked HBK in the stomach to DDT him. HBK caught the boot and managed to kick Edge in the jaw with SWEET CHIN MUSIC!

An amazing exchange saw HBK come out on top. His team of Perry Saturn, John Kronus, Mick Foley and Samoa Joe are all the number one contenders to the respective titles that they were chasing in a match of their choice.

HBK himself will at last get a shot at Edge for the IPW World Heavyweight title.

Survivor: HBK
Winners:perry Saturn, John Kronus, Mick Foley, Samoa Joe and HBK

The other two shows:

ICTJ.png

The screen flickers as the promo video begins. Events from the previous fortnight begin to play. James Storm finishing of Matt Hardy with a beer bottle for AMW to retain the tag titles, Mr. Kennedy hitting a top rope Green Bay Plunge on CM Punk on to a steel chair, Christopher Daniels missing a moonsault from the top of a steel cage, The Undertaker capturing the world title from since-departed Brock Lesnar… ending in him ultimately being made an example of by the general manager, Paul Heyman’s ECW team. A voice breaks in, “And now, for the first time ever, IPW goes to Japan. The only guarantee? The Undertaker will defend his world heavyweight championship against… anyone I see fit.” Suddenly, it’s clear the voice is Heyman’s. The It Came To Japan Logo smashes through the screen as it transitions to the GM, sitting in a typical wrestling-show style backdrop, something you’d see on an internet show or when someone is introducing matches on a DVD, something similar to what Heyman will be doing tonight. “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome. Tonight, I, Paul Heyman, will be your host. There is no card, no announced matches. We’re in Japan and I’ll be declaring matches as they come - the environment couldn’t be more explosive. That said, why don‘t we kick off the show right now? We‘ll have… the oh so beloved Hardyz, who unsuccessfully fought for the tag titles last time out… taking on none other than Rob! Van! Dam! And the homicidal, suicidal, genocidal SA-BU!”

The Hardy Boyz vs. Rob Van Dam & Sabu

Spots aplenty took place in this match, both trying much too hard to prove a point, yet managing to get surprising reactions out of the usually reserved Japanese audience, of which there was a small western section; those that were not so reserved. The Hardyz wanted to bounce back after they were robbed of a chance to win the gold, Van Dam and Sabu that Heyman’s followers were not a force to be messed with. It was eventually the latter who won out, taking things too far. The rainbow haired Hardy was tossed from the scaffolding over the entrance and through nearby tables, landing awkwardly, and Matt ended up on the receiving end of an unexpected Van Daminator which saw him falling from the stage. The match was ended as a no contest, but it was clear who had notched up the victory here.

No Contest

===

Back to Heyman. “Well, I think that match was so decisive that I don’t even have to comment on it. So let’s move right on to two teams whose rivalry has been building ever since they both signed with IPW. I give you, Homicide and Hernandez, the Latin American Xchange, two highly talented wrestlers who form an essential part of the ECW family, against two semi-toothless sons of bitches in the form of indie legends the Briscoe Brothers!”

The Briscoe Brothers vs. The Latin American Xchange

If the reaction the previous two teams got was surprising, the reaction these two got was even more so. Both wrestled a style popular within Japanese culture, and the audience loved it, giving a particularly large reaction as Hernandez began to tear the Briscoes apart single handed, tossing them about like rag dolls as they flew at him. He could only last so long with his partner on the outside, however, and the Briscoes began to take control. The Briscoes played the face card, LAX showing their heel alignment clearly by revealing their arrogant, brash and downright un-Japanese attitudes to the crowd. It came down to Hernandez finishing off Jay with a Border Toss, and Homicide Marc with a Gringo Killah ontop of his brother.

The Latin American Xchange

===

We go back to Heyman’s office. He begins to speak immediately, “You know, I’ve often been regarded as a man that knows how to spot talent. WWE and WCW certainly wouldn’t have been what they were without ECW’s albeit largely unwilling contribution. With this in mind, I announce IPW’s latest signing in current Ring Of Honor Heavyweight Champion, Englishman Nigel McGuinness. He will debut in only a few moments time against a person who many consider to be the best big man ever, Bam Bam Bigelow!”

Nigel McGuinness vs. Bam Bam Bigelow

These two got an equally good reaction to the Briscoe/LAX match, the crowd taking quickly to McGuinness playing the underdog role against already Japanese favourite Bigelow. For the most part Nigel was used merely as a tool to make Bigelow look good, and ended up busted open after the big man demonstrated his capacity for brutality. McGuinness demonstrated his resilience, however, taking down Bigelow with a hard, hard lariat off the ropes after managing to get the crowd on his side. His victory was only denied victory after a Tower of London due to Bigelow getting one of his trunk like legs on the ropes. Bigelow managed to turn things around, bleeding heavily himself by then, but only to miss a Bigelowsault on McGuinness, who used his last two seconds of conscious to move out of the way. Unfortunately, Bigelow wasn’t capable of getting to his feet either, and the match ended on a draw.

Draw

===

Back to listening to Heyman’s smug tones. “Did you enjoy that? Then have I got a surprise for you. Ever since its creation, IPW’s excellent tag team division has been the talk of the wrestling community, and its titles and its champions, America’s Most Wanted. It’s time for a new… and old tag team to step into the division. Tonight, Christopher Daniels and Low Ki reform Triple X to compete for the tag team titles, in a steel cage!”

IPW Tag Team Championship Cage Match
America’s Most Wanted © vs. Triple X - Christopher Daniels & Low Ki

The crowd were heavily on the side of Triple X throughout the match. This may not have been the iteration of Triple X that were broken up in that classic cage battle against AMW all those years earlier, but they certainly fought like it. Blood was soon spilled and AMW seemed like early favourites. Daniels seemed slightly sluggish, probably following on from the massive bump he took from a cage only two weeks previously, and ended up handcuffed to the side of the cage, something frighteningly reminiscent of the original cage match. A rejuvenated Low Ki, however, almost literally kicked the crap out of AMW, reversing double team move after double team move, and managed to get the key to free his partner. A spear attempt from Harris was leapt over by Daniels, and the Wildcat ended up spearing himself out of the cage. However, he was laying on the mesh fencing of the cage and so technically hadn’t touched the floor. Low Ki was already at the top of the cage, and ready to escape for real, but Storm has different plans, trying to pull him down. He himself was pulled down though, with an Angle Wings hit on him from the top rope, followed by a Warrior’s Way hit from the top of the cage. The two walked out of the missing side together, triumphant.

And NEW IPW Tag Team Champions Triple X

===

“It’s a known fact that anybody that doesn’t drink is boring, and so my next match is an attempt to liven up one CM Punk, when he comes face to face with ECW’s crown jewel, Lionheart Chris Jericho!”
An unexpected announcement, for no other reason than who Undertaker‘s opponent would be was now thrown into question.

Chris Jericho vs. CM Punk

True to Heyman’s words, Jericho adopted his old Lionheart personality. No Y2J glitz or, indeed, code breaking. Although part of Heyman’s heel ECW stable, Jericho managed to stay deeply in the running against Punk, due to being in the tier above him most likely. However, like Christopher Daniels the month before, Punk was going to prove himself, even if it meant destroying himself in the process. Both reverted to their roots, mat wrestling like there was no tomorrow, and the crowd loved it. Punk began to get the upper hand, hitting lots of fast blows and throwing Jericho with a ton of high impact moved. Successfully battered, Jericho was put on the top rope, ready for a Pepsi Plunge. He fought back, kicking Punk several times in the head with hard kicks, hitting a quick Lionsault while he was down.

Chris Jericho

After the match, Jericho refused to stop attacking Punk and Kennedy, a fellow member of the ECW stable and thus far main rival of Punk, came down to help deliver it. It seemed Television Champion Taz had come down for the same thing, until he pushed the two away from the semi-conscious Punk. Kennedy apparently couldn’t take no for an answer, forcefully pushing Taz. He got his reward, being quickly choked out by the Tazmission. Jericho, fortunately, accepted no for an answer, swiftly leaving the ring.

===

“And now, for your main event of the evening. The Undertaker defends his world heavyweight title in his first ever visit to Japan. But who’s the opponent? It’s not Nigel McGuinness, it’s not Bam Bam Bigelow, it’s not Taz, it’s not Chris Jericho, but it is… it is… IPW’s latest addition, Chris! Benoit!”

IPW World Heavyweight Championship Match
The Undertaker © vs. Chris Benoit

Benoit was the first to come down, immediately following Heyman’s shock announcement. He was left in the ring only to glare as coldly as he was glared at by The Undertaker during his entrance, his theatrics surprisingly appreciated by the crowd. The match started off quickly and, as occurs often in his matches, Undertaker started off on the back foot, the Rabid Wolverine managing to dodge his powerful strikes and take him down onto the mat repeatedly. Surprisingly, The Undertaker started to execute several counter holds against Benoit’s holds, reminiscent of his match against Kurt Angle back in 2006. Finally, the champion started to show why he was champion, running through the Undertaker playbook, pulling out every move he was known for, finishing it off with an Over-The-Top-Rope suicide dive that made the Japanese crowd pop like crazy. Benoit wasn’t out of it though, not by a long shot, and the two took the fight through the crowd. It soon became apparent that count out and disqualification weren’t being practiced, as the two tore chunks out of each other with everything they could lay their hands on, before reaching the stage. Undertaker almost took Benoit off of it with a Choke Slam, then a Last Ride, but Benoit got the last word in with a German Suplex off the stage. The two eventually, painfully made it back to the ring, where they fought neck and neck. Benoit got off six German Suplexes before falling onto the floor exhausted, but the deadman just sat up. Benoit went for the Crossface, but got pushed off into the ropes, rebounding into a Chokeslam, which Benoit somehow managed to reverse in mid air into a Crippler Crossface. The two slammed down to the floor again, Benoit still with the hold locked in, the Undertaker writhed in pain, yet somehow find a way of standing up with Benoit still on him and slamming him backwards. Benoit was dazed, but Undertaker was fully conscious of what was going on, locking in the Triangle Choke. He wouldn’t tap, but he did pass out.

The Undertaker

After the match, Team ECW made an appearance; LAX, Kennedy, Jericho, RVD, Sabu and Bam Bam Bigelow running down to the ring to attack Undertaker. Taz was absent. Heyman was on his way down when the opposition arrived, Paul Bearer clocking him round the back of the head with urn, Taz, Punk, Triple X, The Briscoes and Nigel McGuinness following him down to the ring to clean house. ECW expelled from the ring, the four champions stood at the front of their eight. Low Ki, Christopher Daniels, Taz and Undertaker all displaying their gold with one message, tonight hadn’t been a successful comeback for ECW.​

The show opens with a montage of last week's happenings. A video clip is aired promoting tonight’s matches: Mr. Perfect vs. Ricky Steamboat, Brock Lesnar vs. Sting, Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko, Terry Funk & Raven vs. Demolition, Tajiri vs. Ultimo Dragon and another yet unannounced match!

The show opens with the Steiner Brothers making their way to the ring, receiving a loud pop in the process. Scott immediately takes the microphone and confronts The Road Warriors.

Scott Steiner: "Road Warriors! I know you're in the back. I've just been talking to the General Manager, and he's granted us a match with you. The winners will become the new PWF Tag Team Champions."

The Road Warriors music hits the arena, and just like the Steiner’s, receive a loud pop.

Hawk: "Steiner Brothers! There is no other team in professional wrestling who we respect more than you. It would be an honour to meet you in the ring next week to wrestle for the tag team championships. We look forward to it".

Both teams shake hands in a sign of respect, with the Road Warriors leaving the ring first, followed by The Steiner’s.​

- - -​

Tajiri vs. Ultimo Dragon

Both these men were defeated in the Cruiserweight championship tournament, and it was only right that Shane McMahon put these two incredible, high flying athletes against each other. Both men receive decent pops and wind up shaking hands before the match begins.

Tajiri takes control early in the match, landing variations of his precision kicks to the forehead of Dragon. Within seconds of the match, he attempts to lock in a Tarantula, but his effort unsuccessful. Now Dragon’s in control, hitting Tajiri with a la casita. He pulls vigorously on the arm of Tajiri with his armbar, which he rolls up for a pin. After his not so successful pin attempt, Dragon brings Tajiri to his feet, scoring an Aztec suplex. Tajiri manages to make it to his feet on his own accord, looking dazed. From behind, Dragon locks in a Dragon Sleeper, but Tajiri’s too close to the ropes.

Dragon is in control of the match with Tajiri getting in a little amount of momentum from the crowd. When it looks like Dragon sets up Tajiri for a Dragon Bomb, Tajiri reverses it into flip-over DDT while in mid-air. Both men lay on the mat while the referee counts up to 7, both men making it up. Before the referee made hit back to his feet, Tajiri spat his Asian mist directly into the eyes of Dragon, though luckily for him, most of it missed his eyes due to his mask. Then, out of nowhere, Rhyno, making his debut, climbs into the ring and smashes Tajiri into oblivion with a devastating Gore. Dragon gets the same treatment. Rhyno stands in the middle of the ring, above the two lifeless bodies.

Winner: Draw

- - -

Mr. Perfect is shown backstage, preparing for his Intercontinental championship match tonight against Ricky Steamboat. Bobby Heenan is hyping him up.​

- - -​

Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko
PWF Cruiserweight Championship​

Both Brian Pillman and Dean Malenko have made it to the finals, beating their respective opponents Tajiri and Ultimo Dragon. Perhaps this feud will finally progress since Pillman's debut, where he guaranteed a victory had it been Dean Malenko in the finals.

Dean Malenko makes his way to the ring first. He walks to the ring in a calm fashion, rubbing his wrists along the way. While he doesn't look agitated, it's clear that Malenko just doesn't like Pillman and he wants to hurt him - after all, Pillman made his debut here in PWF at the expense of Malenko. Pillman's music hits the arena, wasting no time to make his way to the ring. He runs down the ramp looking pumped, reminiscent of The Ultimate Warrior. The match begins.

It's apparent straight away that these two men’s styles complement each other. Both are generals in the ring, having lengthy careers in the business, winning numerous titles and accolades along the way. Both men also had the honour of being a Horseman - would this fact bring out the best in both men to prove who the better former Horseman was? The opening minutes of the match revolve around a series of high-impact dropkicks, suplex's and powerslams. It's Malenko who gets the upper hand upon hitting Pillman with a devastating spinning heel kick, sending him crashing to the mat.

Malenko is known for taking a body part and working it constantly. His many battles during his tenure as a WCW Cruiserweight Champion facing the likes of Ultimo Dragon, Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero are fine examples of showing Malenko's great display of limb psychology. Malenko wastes no time working the legs of Pillman, delivering numerous kicks to his knees and upper leg. Almost instantly a figure four leglock is applied, but Pillman is too close to the ropes. Several submissions are applied by both men. By now, Malenko had weakened Pillman's left leg, apparent when Pillman started to limp after hitting a running crossbody.

The end seemed near for Pillman when he was hit with Malenko's trademark manoeuvre, the double underhook powerbomb. Oddly, Malenko didn't make the transition into a Cloverleaf, instead going straight for the pin. A very close three count came to be, but it wasn't enough. Malenko was enraged. Fired up, he went crazy on Pillman, unleashing an arsenal of furious punches to the face. Upon making it to his feet, Malenko signalled that a Cloverleaf was in store for Pillman. With both legs wrapped around each other, it looked like Malenko was going to lock it in, when surprisingly, Pillman reversed, getting the three count. What an upset! What seemed like a fluke, Pillman is now the new PWF Cruiserweight Champion!

Winner: Brian Pillman​

- - -​

Demolition vs. Raven & Terry Funk

A feud which stems back months ago, Terry Funk finally has a partner to take on Demolition and prove that he can beat them once and for all. Funk revealed his partner Raven during the week leading up to tonight’s show. We didn’t get chance to catch up with Demolition for their thoughts on Funk’s partner before tonight.

Demolition make their way to the ring, looking confident, not letting Funk’s partner Raven nerve them at all. Barry Windham walks to the ring with them, but before he climbs through the ropes, the referee sends him to the back. Funk and Raven make their way to the ring following a standing ovation.

Ax and Funk start off, trading blows until Ax out of nowhere hits a Snap DDT for a two count. He unleashes an arsenal of power moves – a full nelson slam and a flapjack, which is followed up with double knee gut buster. Funk is dazed, strutting around the ring, mistakenly walking into the corner of Demolition. He’s met with a punch to the forehead by Smash, sending him to the mat.

The match continues in similar fashion for the next several minutes with several tags between Demolition. Funk finally gains the upper hand, hitting a Piledriver on Smash. Funk manages to make the tag to Raven, who proceeds to knock both members of Demolition out of the ring.

Raven controls the next portion of the match. Bulldogs, drop toe-holds and a piledriver are hit consecutively on Smash, following a unsuccessful pin due to Ax's interference. The match seems to come to a devastating end when Smash is knocked over the top rope, landing on his head on the outside. Unconscious, he lay there with his partner Ax standing above him, calling for help from the back. While help is sent from the back, Barry Windham, unbeknown to Funk and Raven makes his way through the crowd, hitting both Funk and Raven with a powerful Lariat. He hoists Raven back up, and delivers another Lariat. The referee hadn't seen any of this, attending to Smash on the outside. Ax grabs the referee and rolls him into the ring while he proceeds to pin Raven, who's just taken two Lariats from Windham. Ax gets the three count for the win.

After the three count, Smash makes it to his feet, climbing into the ring to celebrate with Ax and Windham. Obviously, they had outsmarted Funk and Windham once again. Funk goes crazy on the outside, throwing chairs about, even hitting Raven. He storms the ring with a chair while Demolition cowers back through the crowd.

Winners: Demolition

- - -​

Mr. Perfect vs. Ricky Steamboat
PWF Intercontinental Championship Match​

Mr. Perfect has been irate since losing to Ricky Steamboat in the Intercontinental championship finals a few weeks ago. Last week, he beat Bam Bam Bigelow, with the help of Bobby Heenan to earn another Intercontinental championship shot. It was also revealed this week that if Mr. Perfect loses this match tonight, he will never receive another Intercontinental title shot while Ricky Steamboat is the champion.

Mr. Perfect makes his way out first with his manager Bobby Heenan. He looks pumped, more motivated than ever after the stipulation added to this match. Steamboat comes out, shaking hands with fans on the way to the ring. Both men are introduced and the match is underway.

The match stars off at a blistering pace - chops, kicks, scoop slams, reversed headlocks. Its obvious here that both men work incredibly well together in the ring, both men’s styles suiting each others. While Steamboat may not be as charismatic as Perfect, he makes up for it in his incredible, high flying athleticism. Both men are more than capable of wrestling longer than the ordinary match. Steamboat’s battles with Flair and Perfects battles with Hart are perfect examples.

Almost instantly, Bobby Heenan proves as a huge distraction. Steamboat is obviously frustrated with the sound of his voice, but manages to pass it off; more important things need to be taken care of. Perfect gets the upper hand of the match, mat wrestling his way around Steamboat. Dropkicks are delivered, knocking Steamboat through the middle ropes. Heenan throws his usual abuse to Steamboat, but once again he ignores it. Upon climbing back into the ring, he’s met with a belly to back suplex, taking him to the mat. Perfect locks in a figure four leglock, grabbing the ropes for extra pressure.

With a clear advantage, Perfect gets too cocky for his own good. A diving crossbody results in a 2.99 count. Knife edge chops are thrown, followed by a neck breaker slam. Another near pin fall. Heenan decides to get involved now, pulling at the leg of Steamboat. He’s ordered to the back by the referee, but doesn’t compute. After a final warning, he’s threatened with Perfect being disqualified, resulting in him making his way to the back. While this is happening, Perfect landed a low-blow to Steamboat. He follows it up with a Perfect-Plex, but Steamboat barely manages to kick out. Clearly frustrated, Perfect goes outside for a chair. While climbing back into the ring, he’s rolled up for a near fall. Upon making it to his feet, he’s met with some more dropkicks by Steamboat. Another near fall occurs after a superplex delivered by Steamboat.

While Perfect is laid out on the mat, Steamboat makes his way to the top rope. As he’s about to jump, Perfect makes it to his feet and hits the ropes, causing Steamboat to fall. Perfect runs up to him, sits him up on the turnbuckle, then manages to hit a Perfect-Plex from the top rope. 1-2-3! Mr. Perfect is the new Intercontinental champion!

Winner: Mr. Perfect​

- - -

The camera cuts to Shane McMahon's office, where he's shown talking on the phone. A loud bang occurs, which happens to be the door. Bet Hart walks up to Shane, with his belt wrapped around his waist. He seemed to be a little agitated and wanting to get something off his chest.

Shane McMahon: "Thanks for knocking Bret. I appreciate it. Now what do you want", Shane said sarcastically.

Bret Hart: "Shut up. What the hell is going on around here? I have no match? I'm the goddamn champion of this promotion, and I don't have a match? This place is turning into a joke."

Shane looks on, smirking at Bret's comments.

Shane: "I'm protecting my champion, Bret. Your title defence at the fifth pay-per-view is going to draw big numbers and I'm going to make a lot of money from it. I don't want the risk of you being injured come that date Bret. But hey, you come barging into my office, not even having the courtesy to knock! Here's what I'll do Bret. I'm going to make a match for next week. You, Bret, will be in a triple threat match, against two of the biggest stars today. And just to spice it up a little, there's going to be a few stipulations. To make this even more interesting, I'm not even going to tell you who your opponents are or what the stipulations are until 30 seconds before your match starts next week Bret. Now get the hell out of my office!"

Bret looks on; Shane's comments seemed to have irked him. He grins and walks out, slamming the door behind him.

Brock Lesnar vs. Sting​

The stare down between these two men is one hell of a sight. Lesnar’s flexing his muscular frame, looking as intense as ever. Sting looks on, staring him dead straight in the eyes, showing no sign of intimidation. After all, Sting is no small man – he’s slain some of the biggest giants in the business. Lesnar stares Sting down, gives him a nod and makes his way back into his corner. Perhaps this was Lesnar’s way of showing his respect? Surely he isn’t intimidated by ‘The Icon’?

After the explosive stare down comes to a close, both men await the sound of the bell. The bell rings, where Lesnar proceeds to waste no time in charging Sting. Lesnar delivers some ferocious thrusts into the stomach of Sting, following them up with a series of his high impact clotheslines, leaving Sting flat on the mat. It may only be a short few seconds into the match, but Lesnar is no fool. He gives Sting no time to rest, well aware of Stings lengthy, legendary Iron Man matches with Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat. Lesnar knows he needs to get this over as quick as he can. It will only take one slight miscommunication for Sting to gain the advantage.

It seems Lesnar is too eager to get this over with quickly. With ease, he hoists Sting onto his shoulders, a clear signal that the F-5 is near. Sting shrugs himself off of Lesnar and delivers some fast kicks to the left lower leg of Lesnar. Sting knows he needs to ground this beast - it's too risky letting Lesnar stay on his feet. But he also knows Lesnar is a former amateur wrestler - an all-American champion. While Sting thinks up a suitable, effective game plan, he successfully locks in a Scorpion Deathlock. It doesn't take Lesnar long to power out, in the process sending Sting through the ropes onto the mat.

Sting finally finds the answer to his question - there is no answer. Lesnar is just all-round too powerful. Sting is going to have to use his superior knowledge and predict Lesnar's onslaughts, with hope that he can counter his arsenal of high-impact moves. The men once again lock up with Lesnar sending Sting to the ropes. He is rewarded with a clothesline - an unsuccessful one at that. Sting yells at Lesnar to run the ropes and deliver a clothesline of his own. Foolishly, he does so, and upon charging Sting, he is hoisted up and hit with a spinebuster.

The match continues in similar fashion. Lesnar gains the advantage and Sting will find him making foolish mistakes - posing for the crowd, taunting Sting and being abusive towards the referee upon two counts. Later on, Sting has a clear advantage when he hits Lesnar with a succession of three Stinger Splash's and a Scorpion Death Drop. This leaves Lesnar open, centre of the ring for a Scorpion Deathlock. Sting applies his submission manoeuvre. By this point in the match, a good twenty five minutes, both men are panting for air. Lesnar manages to fight off the Deathlock, making a smart retreat to the outside.

The match comes to a close when Lesnar, out of nowhere, manages to reverse a suplex and hit Sting with the F-5. With this being the second F-5 hit on him within such a short span, it comes as no surprise that Lesnar gets the win. Lesnar definitely had his work cut out for him here tonight, his PWF debut. Sting came so close to winning, but this untamed beast got the better of him. Brock Lesnar has now advanced to the finals next week to meet Kurt Angle, a WrestleMania 19 main-event rematch. The winner will proceed to face Bret Hart for the PWF World Heavyweight Championship at the fifth and final pay-per-view.

Winner: Brock Lesnar

Matt gets my vote. The Sting Lesnar match blew me away and i was on tenterhook throughout., especially in that opening staredown.

I may have to abstain from voting this time around. I actually enjoyed all three of these shows.

Oh, and Sam, you forgot Fizzle's One-Man Show. :icon_rolleyes:

Mmmmmm... Dean Malenko... He's so smexy...

Who the fuck would want Sabu for the Mock Draft? You could write out his whole Goddamn match move-for-move, and even though the damn thing ain't even real, he'd STILL manage to botch the fucking thing!

Alright, I think I know who I'm going to vote for. Here's the breakdown:

All three shows were very well done.
First, Matt's show. Even though the fact that Matt Moses had a whole extra week to write his show, he still only came up with a five-match card. Granted, I thought they were written pretty well for the most part, although I didn't think the Tajiri-Ultimo Dragon match flowed that well, and the ending made no sense, except to remind us that Matt Moses now has Rhyno. If it doesn't pay off with a match, then it will have been for nothing. I'm also not sure why we didn't just get Road Warriors-Steiners this week. It didn't need any kind of build-up for the next show, a tag match like that could sell itself. I'll assume it was just due to Matt's time constraints this past week, and I fully look foward to what will most likely be the best tag team match we'll see the whole draft. Brian Pillman vs. Dean Malenko showcased two of the greatest light heavyweights the industry has ever seen. I thought the match good... UNTIL the ending. It left me baffled, and tbh, a little angry. Malenko is my favorite light heavyweight, and he was made to look like an idiot. Malenko would never have gone crazy simply because he didn't get the pin. In a match that should have been decided by who was truly the best, we saw one of the best of all time lose by making a rookie mistake. Might as well have DC kill off Superman by shooting him with a bullet. After this however, the show was solid. Demolition vs. Terry Funk and Raven was entertaining, gave Demoliton a nice heel win, that implies that they still may yet get another chance at the Tag Team titles. Steamboat vs. Mr. Perfect was built the way Malenko and Pillman should have been built. Both men truly got taken to the limit. Steamboat had to take the risk, and it cost him. The title changed hands, and neither man looked bad in doing so. Sting vs. Lesnar was definitely match of the week. The storytelling was flawless, clearly showing Sting as the veteran that is, smart and always looking for the flaws. He just could not overcome the power of Lesnar. A finish that was believable and realistic. Overall, it started very weak, but got better and better. And I'm glad that we got an explanation as to why Bret Hart wasn't on the card. But where was Kurt Angle? Unless I've constantly skipped it, I can't find one reason to explain why Angle wasn't on the card, or even at the event! Couldn't find any place on the card for one of the biggest draws? That would be unacceptable in the real world of wrestling. Overall, The show was good, but there were some very obvious flaws in it.
Sam's show: A lot of tag team matches in the show. Normally, this would bother me, seeing as I really don't think there's usually a need for three tag matches on a six-match card. However, given the IPW vs. ECW storyline, and the battle lines needing to be drawn, coupled with the fact that Sam's roster is predominately tag-team oriented, and that tag team matches are very common in Japan, I'll let it slide. Hardys vs. RVD and Sabu. A finish that was inconspicous and yet at the same time obvious as to who came out on top. A dominant showing early on gives credit to the ECW roster. However, I'm not sure why Sam would trade them away after giving them such a strong win. But, that has no effect to the show itself, so I'll skip that little inconsistency. The Briscoes vs. LAX. Another win for ECW. LAX was dominant, and again, makes the prospect of a complete ECW takeover all the more feasable. Bam Bam vs. McGuiness. I pushed for this match to kept on the card. Now I can see why Sam wanted to scrap it. Waste of time. Second no contest of the evening. And Sam probably doesn't have any plans to push either of these two. So Sam, my apologies. Although, a McGuiness victory would have been nice, giving him credibility with the Japanese audience, which loves Bam Bam, AND a much-needed win for IPW. AMW vs. Triple X. Really, Sam, really? Another steel cage? Can't you think of something else to try? I'm just kidding, although I do think the cage wasn't necessary to make a good match. Nonetheless, it was very well done, although I thought the ending was a bit ridiculous. First off, I've never seen Harris as someone with that much power. It's somewhat believable that Bobby Lashley could break the cage, but not someone like Harris. Secondly, how did Harris not touch the floor? Even if the mesh hadn't completely seperated from the cage, it would have at least created a ramp, which, with the power that Harris hit the cage, would have allowed Harris to roll right down and onto the floor. Maybe I'm just nitpicking, but some reason this ending just bugged me. But at least IPW gets a win here, and all is not yet lost. CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho. Yet another win for ECW. Liked how Punk was booked to fight valiantly, only to barely lose to the veteran. Kennedy and Jericho gang up on Punk, and yet Taz of all people makes the save? I get that having the TV champ make a face turn is a major coup for IPW, but Taz IS ECW. He's had no reason to jump ship. If anything, it would have been more believable for Jericho to stop Kennedy rather than join in, seeing as Y2J didn't exactly wrestle in a heel-type fashion to begin with, and isn't as integral to ECW history as Taz. Benoit vs. Undertaker was the best match on the card. Although, I'm still confused. It was never really clarified if Benoit was on ECW's side or IPW's. True, he wrestled Taker, and Heyman proudly announced Benoit was in IPW, but he never said anything about ECW. Plus, Benoit didn't wrestle a heel-style in the match. And, because he passed out for the finish, he didn't partake in the post match showdown. It left me confused and wondering which side Benoit was on. Now, if Sam's point was that Benoit hadn't chosen sides yet, it would have been nice to have that cleared up somehow. Overall, with exceptions of my confusion over Benoit's status, why Taz betrayed ECW, and the absurd finish to the Tag titles match, it was a very good show.
Overall, though, I think this week I will vote for Numbers. Everything about his show was well planned out, clear, and entertaining. I even liked the name of the show: Beyond Dishonor. Kind of puts an emphasis on the fact that the heels are running everything right now, and have been stooping as low as they can to ensure victory. Right at the very beginning, he explained Bryan Danielson's absense as being due to the injuries he sustained at the last show, which makes perfect sense. Although, given the violent nature of his last show, it's slightly unbelievable that only Danielson is suffering from injuries. Anyways, we started off with a "special" tag team match of Abyss and Tiger Mask vs. Mike Awesome and KENTA. Apparently, "special" means hardcore. It was a decent opening bout, and it sort of set the tone for the show. The mix of hardcore, power, and cruiserweight action would lead into the other matches of the night, including the next match, Petey Williams vs. Jushin Liger in a ladder match. More high-octane, cruiserweight action. Both men traded finishers, and it took them both to the limit. I only wish there was a little more detail on the happenings during the match. This would have been match of the week. Next we saw a Last Man Standing, match between two of the best big men of all time, Yokozouna and Andre the Giant. This match started what could be a major storyline; The Corporation tried to lure Yokozouna to join them, but their assistance backfired, and Andre won the match. I love how numbers left it ambiguous as to whether Andre will accept Edge's help, and recieve a title match in return, or if he'll seek revenge for their attempt to attack him. Numbers, you really need to play up this angle. Then we had Survivor Series-style elimination match, which saw HBK and company finally gain an edge over... um, Edge. The Corporation appears defeated for the time being, but Andre the Giant may be the one who seals the fate in this turf war. Now, this card only had four matches on it. And I know that I condemned Matt Moses for having five. The difference here is that, with the exception of the injured Danielson, numbers used every single wrestler on his roster, and he used them effectively. So, for his effective use of his roster, the creation of an interesting new plot line, and matches that either tied up old stories or furthered curerent ones, Numbers recieves my vote this week.

Absurd finish? I'm hurt. You could have called it silly.

I guess silly would have worked also. I was just feeling like I needed some big boy words in there.

I'd also like to point out Benoit was a bit... unconscious
I know, that's why I said I understood why he didn't take sides during the fight. Why, did it sound like I was criticizing that part. I thought I had made note that he was incapacitated during the showdown, and that it explained why he didn't choose a side. I may have forgot, I was typing pretty fast. Quick question though: HAS Benoit sided with anyone yet?

Shango, cheers for the vote. The original plan (before the delay) actually had Andre being decisive in the end of the Edge HBK angle but i think you are right. I can definitely delay it for a show.

Ideally, I would have had someone take it off me now but you have really given me a bit of confidence. It may mean that i stay with it.

Because i dont think anyone is going to take this off of me!

Actually I'm pretty sure both The Wabbit AND Colin have offered to take it off your hands. Although, if you'd rather keep playing, I think they could take over NBT's show, seeing as how it appears as if he has ditched the game and that kickass roster I drafted for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back