Unofficial WZCW news: Verbal Critical Hit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
This post was originally written in Theronisms but WZCW brass deemed that that was too immature.

WZCW is shocked today. Former WZCW champion Dagger Theronshield was in the office to discuss being inducted into the Hall of Fame. To enjoy the moment appletini's were shared by all. The celebrations, however, were cut short when an anonymous tipster sent a recorded message from Theron in to us. Please note the following is undoctored.

I do try to be open about all types of lifestyle choices, and have no major problem with gays. However it would be different if I was raising a son who made that decision. There's a difference between being tolerant and what you allow in your house. That lifestyle goes against my personal and religious beliefs. I would be very uncomfortable with it, especially given how my family is obsessed with gender roles and what's considered "manly". I would perceive it as me failing as both a father and a man if my son in this scenario ended up being gay. Granted once he is over 18 and has moved out on his own he can make any choice he wants, but as long as he would be under my roof I would not tolerate such a lifestyle in my house. Call me oldschool or any other term all you want, but this is what I believe and I do not compromise on my beliefs. It would be a much tougher issue for men to accept than women and there certainly is a difference in how they would deal with this scenario due to the intense pressure on men having to be "manly" whereas a mother is more likely to have an easier time loving everything about her child no matter what choices the child makes.

It was then found that Daggershield apologised for his comments
As far as me being accused of being homophobic, I am sorry for contradicting myself in my posts. I should have stayed true to how I actually am and been honest. What I had stated in the post that got quoted was how I feel. I understand why some people would feel offended by it. I should not compromise what I believe just to try to please everyone. I would rather be honest and be myself. If that means people disagree with me, then that is just another opporunity to debate on a topic. We are all adults here and can agree to disagree. I apologize for contradicting my posts. However, I have a right to my opinion just as much as each of you do.

WZCW has a zero tolerance of homophobia. We may jest here and there in good spirits but to say you would have failed as both a father and a man if your son is gay is disgusting. When given the chance to apologise this did not happen.

As such Theron Daggershield has been removed from WZCW and his Hall of Fame induction cancelled. That and he wouldn't have gotten in the HOF anyway because come on, he won the belt then lost every match he had. It could have been worse though, at least Tiffany Wyatt has made no allegations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back