• E.T.

• Johnny 5

• Faun

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

2011 Zonie Awards

Nominees for Best Non-Human Film Character

Gizmo the Mogwai, Gremlins (1984) and Gremlins 2 (1990)

HAL, 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

Teddy, A.I. Artificial Intelligence (2001)

Chewbacca, Star Wars (1977), The Empire Strikes Back (1980), Return of the Jedi (1983)

Wilson the Volleyball, Castaway (2000)

Lassie, A Shit-ton of Movies

Godzilla, A Shit-ton of Movies

E.T., E.T. (1982)

Johnny 5, Short Circuit (1986), Short Circuit 2 (1988)

Faun, Pan's Labyrinth (2006)

I'll set the poll open for two weeks. I'll probably do a few more of these to keep the Zonies alive.

I'll go with Gizmo, but Wilson was close just for sheer simplicity.

Gremlins. These things were perhaps the most evilest beings to come out of movies in the 80's. They weren't evil because they had a dramatic childhood. They weren't symbols of why you shouldn't have sex or smoke pot like Jason and Myers were. They did bad things because...it's fun. Before Ledger portrayed his anarchistic Joker, we had Gremlins setting the bar for what's considered rotten to the core with no motives whatsoever.

Enter Gizmo. The cutest, most lovable bastard this side of a mogwai. He was the total reverse of one of those green shitheads. He was the one saying "no" when Billy was feeding the others after midnight. He was the peaceful little guy that doesn't resort to violence. But we did see that hero side of him twice though, that brave "That's it! I've had it with these mfing gremlins in this mfing town." He gave Stripe (perhaps one of the greatest non-human villains I've ever seen) the curtain call in the first one, then went straightout Rambo in the sequel.

You don't get much all-around protagonist who is indirectly responsible for all the antagonists then you do with Gizmo. He stands out the most in this list to me.

Got to give it to the Wookies. Chewie was by far the most imitated and interesting character that we have seen in a while. A beast who comprehends English who is one kick ass pilot and fighter deserves to win. His character has been used to describe those lorst harry, and those who can make the wookie noise. He for me is one of the most interesting non-human characters and is my favorite character out of the entire list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back