• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trick or TREAT!!!

WimpyKid4Life

Occasional Pre-Show
There have been a lot of great things going on in the 2014 WWE landscape. From Daniel Bryan overcoming the Authority in WrestleMania to Damien Sandow winning the hearts of the WWE Universe!!! But not all great programs are locked in as great when they began. Let me hear your thoughts on some storylines/programs/fueds/etc. of the WWE that at first you thought would suck(trick), but it turned out to be GREAT (treat)! Here's one of my examples: The Fandango love triangle. I'm not into gooey dooey CW lovey bubbly bullshrimp, but this turned out to be really entertaining and helped push other things. First of all, Fandago had something to do and that's great because he is a talented person . A sub-angle involved Dolph Ziggler and that's when his re-push began. It was a practice run before his IC program and it was funny when Fandango danced on the announcement table. The aftermath was a new Divas tag team, which was needed after the eventual break up of Funkadactles. The Layla/Rae chemistry was fascinating to watch and it lead to a Ryder victory on RAW!! Summer Raw unmasking from a chicken suit was classic. Who doesn't like surprise unmaskings? Thanks for reading & I can't wait to see what the WWE Universe has to say!!! - WimpyKid4Life

For me, Rusev in general was something I was not sold on at first. When he showed up I just remember thinking that this was just going to be another failed attempt of having the Anti-American shtick that would go on for a few weeks and then end with Rusev disappearing from TV and eventually be jobbed out to put others over. Boy was I wrong. The gimmick is plain, simple, done many times before, but it is pure gold to me. Now, it seems he will be chasing the US Title and should rightfully capture it. The amount of heat he gets currently is astounding and will just be, dare I say 10 fold, once he gets that title and desecrates it with all of that Russian propaganda that he and Lana bring to the table. Rusev is now a favorite character of mine because I love to hate the guy and eventually someone is going to go over against him and get an amazing pop that could boost their career.

I'd also picked Rusev as a performer to not get too excited about, mostly because my initial impression was of an immobile fat guy who would fall to brawling when wrestling tactics weren't working.

But, guess what? Rusev doesn't brawl, have you noticed? The guy performs as a technician, dissecting his opponent, using hands and feet to deliver blows to whatever part of the opponent's body is exposed. That's the way he took down Big Show....and I found it really entertaining. Even when he's in trouble, he doesn't brawl....I don't think I've seen him throw a punch yet.

He's not finished enhancing his act, either. Lana hasn't become physically involved in any of his matches yet, including the one with Big Show, in which the extent of her participation consisted of walking to the side of the ring he was operating from and instructing Rusev to grab the ropes to prevent being pinned. Eventually, she's going to do more during matches than be a cheerleader.....it should prove entertaining and aggravating, all at once.

Rusev is headed toward the top. In the months it takes him to get there, John Cena and Randy Orton will be the good guys waiting for him. Yes, a lot of you will go insane if Cena beats Rusev......which means I believe insanity is in your near future.:smashfreakB:

Still, at first glance, I thought the Rusev program would be terrible....and it was a treat to find out otherwise.

I have to go with Rusev as well.. When he first came in with his anti-american theme,i was thinking Ivan Drago.. Another failed attempt a big guy,who cant wrestle for shit. Boy was I wrong.

Not only can he wrestle,he is an amazing technician and just dissects his opponents. He literally is a walking weapon and is just destroying his opponents left and right.. I can totally see him as a US champion and im surprised it hasnt happened by now.. I say let him get the us title at Survivor Series and continue to hate on america. Rusev easily is the treat this year,

Rusev UDERA
Rusev Machka

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back