Travesty in Japan

ajdb

Pre-Show Stalwart
I felt this needed to be brought to people's attention. This absolutely disgusting. Yoshiko is the one doing the beating, Act on the receiving end.

http://youtu.be/SA-JuRUf_EM

I'm shocked first of all that blonde thing is only 21, the company champion, and did this.

Unbelievably Act put up an apology on her blog the next day because she felt bad the fans didn't get a match.

Act's injuries include:
Left orbital bone fracture
Possible right orbital bone fracture (they can't check til the swelling goes away)
Possible retinal detachment

Yoshiko has since been stripped of her title and suspended so there's a little justice.

Your thoughts? Any incidents like this that you remember?

Damn, this is just brutal. Two questions came to mind. Whats wrong with this bitch? Why was this allowed to go on for as long as it did? The officials clean her up and send her back for more punishment.

Why was this allowed to go on for as long as it did? The officials clean her up and send her back for more punishment.

It went on for as long as it did because Act refused to stop the bout. Despite YOSHIKO's twisted and sociopathic shooting, it was the main event and Act was determined to give the fans the show they had payed to see. Every time she attempted to reengage YOSHIKO continued to pull the same stunt. But Act refused to allow the referee or the promoter who was ringside to stop the bout, she was literally screaming for the match to continue, it wasn't until her corner(specifically Kyoko Kimura, who was the first one to get a level head about what was happening) threw in the towel, that they rang the bell and declared YOSHIKO the winner. The ref was clearly confused as to how he should handle it, as was the promoter apparently- which you can't really blame them, no one could have been prepared for how it went down. Essentially they were just trying to yield to Act's insistence to continue performing.

Even as they forcibly took Act to the back for medical attention(and an eventual hospital stay) she still wanted to continue the match and kept yelling "I'm a pro wrestler!"

WOW! For a second there I thought I was watching the female version of Bruiser Brody. Only someone that crazy could do something like that. And, Yoshiko is THAT crazy. They should seek KAORU to have a go with Yoshiko. That would be a nice, hardcore, war.

But to strip her of the title? That's a bit much. Even Act wanted to go forward. Probably would have ended up in a stretcher, though. However, it IS Professional wrestling and not fitness models and "Sports Entertainment". Gee, I wonder if Emma came here as Tenille Tayla would she have had a chance against Yoshiko?

UPDATE: I read on a Russian website that Yoshiko broke script. She was supposed to drop the belt to Act on that show and she refused. If this is the reason, Yoshiko should get her ass thrown out of STARDOM permanently. There is no room for unprofessional behavior such as hers.

She is permanently suspended and since she is under contract with Stardom she won't be able to work anywhere else. The three top people in the company also put their own punishment on themselves, its something about 30% of their pay being reduced.

That is the most fucked up thing I have EVER seen in the business, that's worse than a New Jack/Mass Transit to me. From the moment their eyes were locking you there was bad karma about the whole situation and she knew what she was going to do.

The smile on the bitch's face afterwards as well means she'll never work again, anywhere as a wrestler... but will probably get an MMA deal off of the publicity.

Why is it worse than Mass Transit? Cos at the end of the day that kid had no business being there, blagged it and got caught out. It was criminal on both sides... This is a pre-meditated (especially as she was supposed to lose) attempt to end a career out of spite. It's like a Roy Keane tackle on Haaland... designed to eliminate from the business.

The officials clean her up and send her back for more punishment.

That's what got to me. Did they send her back in or did she want to go back? She certainly seemed to be trying hard enough to climb into the ring, but isn't that the thing with pro wrestling? It's tough to see whether someone is legitimately hurt or not since they're all acting as if they are.......plus, was Act simply trying to carry on with the show.....or did she really want to get back at Yoshiko?

That is the most fucked up thing I have EVER seen in the business, that's worse than a New Jack/Mass Transit to me. From the moment their eyes were locking you there was bad karma about the whole situation and she knew what she was going to do.

The smile on the bitch's face afterwards as well means she'll never work again, anywhere as a wrestler... but will probably get an MMA deal off of the publicity.

Why is it worse than Mass Transit? Cos at the end of the day that kid had no business being there, blagged it and got caught out. It was criminal on both sides... This is a pre-meditated (especially as she was supposed to lose) attempt to end a career out of spite. It's like a Roy Keane tackle on Haaland... designed to eliminate from the business.

Exactly right, it sounds exactly like the Roy Keane tackle in that it was deliberately done to cause as much damage to the other person as possible. Disgusting. I haven't watched the video, and don't want to, but if it's as brutal as everyone is saying, then YOSHIKO shouldn't be allowed to wrestle anywhere again. In a business like wrestling, you are supposed to protect your opponent and to deliberately beat someone to a pulp is vile and I hope no other promoter hires her after this.

There is no place for that sort of thing in wrestling.

That is brutal to watch. Enough respect to act for wanting to continue and give the fans the show they paid for.

At the end of the day what that blonde woman did is premeditated assault and if there is any justice she find herself in prison

Sorry but for the people saying it's OK because it's "pro wrestling" WTF? Maybe you have your MMA and professional wrestling confused as that was an assault. Sure wrestling can be stiff but that was an intent to injure. With all the facial injuries she probably suffered a concussion also.

I hereby bump this thread to say that while I'm late to seeing this, I am absolutely appalled by this incident shown in the video. I don't know for sure if this is worse than any of the shit New Jack pulled, but it does count as an in ring crime in my book. A suspension isn't enough, this Yoshiko person should be in prison for this incident just like New Jack should be and should have gone for the Mass Transit, Vic Grimes and the stabbing incident.

It's assault and she deserves to go to prison for it. I love pro wrestling, I hate the idea of intentionally hurting people. If it's a sanctioned boxing / MMA fight where both competitors have agreed to fight then that's different. I hope the blonde woman never works in the pro wrestling business again and I wish all the best to the victim.

I know in the past rookies were trained / hazed often violently in the business and bullying was commonplace. I respect a stiff working style, if the opponent is reasonably protected against injury. Incidents like this and the Bradshaw / Blue Meanie incident are a disgrace

damn. they took the vid off youtube. now i want to see just how bad it was as i've seen a lot of shti go down ,and hearing some of the comparisons making me need to see for myself.

I admit, I haven't kept track of the goings in Japan, even though I'm a rather big fan of the likes of Toyota, Inoue and Yokota.

Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with it as much as I would like to now, and this... I'm a pretty easy going guy, but I admit, that I couldn't help feel heated as I watched this on YouTube.

I'm not going to even acknowledge what Yoshiko did (honestly more ashamed that she shares a ring-name with Yoshiko Tamura). I will say, Act Yasukawa, deserves all the respect in the world.

While there may be some that might look at her actions as stubborn and possibly even illogical, around a society that holds honor above all things, Yasukawa deserves the respect for caring about not only the business, but the fans. Act Yasukawa has every right to call herself a professional wrestler, a title that should not be anywhere near Yoshiko ever again.

Ok this incident is one that you really don't want to watch, it is really just disturbing. Also as a result Act has had to retire from wrestling and considering some of the stuff that she has gone through to wrestle it is just heartbreaking that she has had to retire.

Now onto the really terrible part about this, Yoshiko is back wrestling for SEAdling.

Ok this incident is one that you really don't want to watch, it is really just disturbing. Also as a result Act has had to retire from wrestling and considering some of the stuff that she has gone through to wrestle it is just heartbreaking that she has had to retire.

Now onto the really terrible part about this, Yoshiko is back wrestling for SEAdling.
Act has Graves Disease. It was a miracle that she was able to perform at all. The beating at the hands of Yoshiko Hirano was suspected to be a worked shoot that Rossy Ogawa, Stardom's owner, was in on. Why do you think the entire Stardom brass took massive hits? The only thing was Yoshiko took it too far. In the end, Act had so many injuries, coupled with her Graves Disease and the medication she was taking to allow her to wrestle, that she did the sensible thing and retire.

Yoshiko is going to be a great monster heel. I would love to see Trips bring her to NXT.

BTW, here is the full match and presser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBXq5clKi7o

That does actually make sense, considering it did take them some time to actually jump in. If they knew about it, of course they wouldn't jump in, they would only do so after they fulled realized that the situation was going beyond the point it was actually supposed to.

Grave disease too, ouch, very surprised indeed, nonetheless, I have to say I have a lot of respect for her, for simply performing in that state, smart move to retire.

As for my comments on Yoshiko, I did jump the gun, as did many, hopefully wherever she does go, she learns some control. Shoots can lead to many things happening, but the key to being a shooter is knowing when the line between doing enough damage to leave a few marks/bumps/bruises, and flat-out injuring your opponent is being crossed.

Act's condition certainly played a role in this as well, with everyone possibly assuming she could take it and finding out that it wasn't the case at all. In either case, lesson to be learned for Yoshiko in the future.

That does actually make sense, considering it did take them some time to actually jump in. If they knew about it, of course they wouldn't jump in, they would only do so after they fulled realized that the situation was going beyond the point it was actually supposed to.

Grave disease too, ouch, very surprised indeed, nonetheless, I have to say I have a lot of respect for her, for simply performing in that state, smart move to retire.

As for my comments on Yoshiko, I did jump the gun, as did many, hopefully wherever she does go, she learns some control. Shoots can lead to many things happening, but the key to being a shooter is knowing when the line between doing enough damage to leave a few marks/bumps/bruises, and flat-out injuring your opponent.

Act's condition certainly played a role in this as well, with everyone possibly assuming she could take it and finding out that it wasn't the case at all. In either case, lesson to be learned for Yoshiko in the future.

Forgot to add one thing: Nanae Takahashi is the owner of SEAdLINNNG. Guess what she was a part owner of at the time of the "Ghastly match"? Yup, Stardom. Guess who she brought over to SEAdLINNNG? It was not Act.

It's an interesting situation.

I generally don't know what to think though, as do many. Feel sorry for Act, because of her situation, and sacrifices that she put herself through, but there is definitely a side of why Yoshiko did what she did, and the worked shoot is certainly a possibility.

Nonetheless, it'll be looked at as a sad situation, from what I've had the chance to read about Act and what she went through to get into the business, it's certainly a bad end.

However, I do feel disease possibly played a big role in the matter, and whether or not the situation was worked or otherwise, I think it was a bad call regardless with someone that was in Act's condition.

Also, I just re-read through my original post, though it might come across like I give her a pass, that pass only comes if the situation was worked and merely turned out badly (it was speculative view of the information you passed alone), if it was a situation that was intentionally done, well, yeah. Either way, thanks for more information on the possible other side of the situation.

Perhaps I jumped the gun with the original response, but, going by looks alone, it's difficult not to. With situations like New Jack around the wrestling world, looking at situations like this happening is never a good thing. I understand Japan is different than us in many ways, and tragedies have certainly happened that were far worse than this one, especially years ago, this was the most recent, though I'd be laying if I didn't say I've seen much worse happen around wrestling in Japan, but in any case, situations like this one shouldn't be happening.

the eye that Yoshiko targetted was the one that was surgically repaired. There is no way it was anything other than intentional on the part of Yoshiko to do that damage. Ogawa doesn't have clean hands in this either so I am avoiding Seadling, would much rather watch Stardom, since they have built up a solid base of Wrestlers with Kairi Hojo and Io Shirai. they have also done something that the WWE hasn't and that is bring Evie in for more than just a squash match.

Reviewing the situation, and doing a little more reading, her right eye was blinded due to grave's disease, looking through the injures two of them stick out the orbital fractures to her left and right, the swelling to right one specifically.

Yeah, looking this over, there definitely was intent, you don't specifically aim for the eyes unless there was intent, and I can't believe it's a coincidence that there is swelling along on the right eye either.

Yeah, looking over the situation, no question in my mind on it. Even if it was a worked shoot, Yoshiko definitely had intent to do severe damage. The reason why won't ever be known, unless people start talking, but looking at that, I honestly can't believe there wasn't some intent to harm Act involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back