Top Name could switch brand...

ShinChan

Gone. For. Good.
PWInsider Elite is reporting that a top name being discussed for a roster switch right now is Roman Reigns. There have been discussions to solidify this move and make him the top pick to defect.

They note that not only would this get Reigns out of the cycle of competing against Kevin Owens but it would also provide an opportunity for him to compete against strong heels such as The Miz and Baron Corbin.

Other Superstars have been rumored to jump but as of now Reigns is the only person who WWE is having serious talks about switching over to SmackDown Live from RAW.

They finish by saying that the decision is focused around Reigns being the next John Cena and note the lack of strong babyfaces on Smackdown.
I think that it might happen after Wrestlemania 33. I did read a report saying that John Cena might take another hiatus after Wrestlemania and as the above report says, WWE still want him to be next John Cena. So, he could seriously fill the void left by John Cena at Smackdown.

If it really happens, Raw might get better for some people and Smackdown might get worse for the same.

About lack of strong babyfaces, I kind of agree. Don't know if Randy or Bray are faces or what. AJ Styles is still a heel and so is The Miz and Baron Corbin. Strong babyfaces include just John Cena and Dean Ambrose. Unless, there's a full face turn for Bray Wyatt in works, strong babyfaces are required at Smackdown.

About Reigns being the next Cena, Ummmm... you can't build another Cena.

The real money is Reigns vs heel Ambrose, though.

Having said that, Styles and Wyatt should then switch to RAW. We shouldn't see another Reigns vs Styles/Wyatt and the combination of Rollins/Styles/Bray/Owens/Balor is just pure gold.

Send Joe to SD as well for a feud with Cena.

Then you can have:

RAW: Lesnar, Rollins, Styles, Bray, Owens, Balor
SD: Cena, Reigns, Ambrose, Orton, Joe, Miz

And I think that those are two great main event scenes.

I think we are going to see a number of wrestlers switch brands after Mania. Read a story a couple of months ago that Vince was so taken with Styles, his in ring work and the positive response he's received from fans that he wants him on RAW.

So I can see Reigns going to SD and Styles coming over to RAW. With Balor due to return and the Club being there, could be the beginning of a new faction. Besides sometime change is always good, both for the roster, the story lines and us fans.

I would like to see this.....

Smackdown - Reigns, Rollins, Cesaro, Stroman, S. Banks, The Revival, & Enzo & Cass
Raw - Styles, Orton, Nakamura, Asuka, Miz, The Uso's, & American Alpha

Post - Draft Storylines
Raw - Styles fights Owens & Joe in a #1 contender match. Anderson & Gallows come out and attack Styles. Setting up the new HHH faction (HHH, Owens, Joe, Anderson, & Gallows). Styles builds his own stable as the new face of raw with Balor, Zayn, & Nakamura. Main feud check! Lesnar can defend the title at PPV's against (Owens, Joe, Styles, Balor, & Orton). As long as he defends it at every Raw PPV the belt stays relevant until maybe you have Styles beat him at Summerslam and maybe they have a rematch at Next year's Wrestlemania. Lesnar could take time off and return to win the Rumble and tell AJ he's coming back to get what's his!!!

Smackdown
The Feud is reborn (The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family), Stroman and Harper rejoin Bray and they also add Bo Dallas since he's Bray's real life brother and can play the role of antagonist. Baron Corbin can stay on his own and maybe feud with Big Cass??? Enzo & Cass can keep the tag division relevant as the top team along with The Revivial. Ambrose/Rollins & Harper/Stroman could get into the Tag Title picture at times to. Sasha Banks becomes the dominant face of the women's division. I would give her a lengthy title run here. Have Reigns defeat Wyatt at Summerslam for the WWE Title and then at next year's Wrestlemania you can do Reigns vs. Cena!!!

Wrestlemania 34 (Main Matches)
Roman Reigns (C) vs. John Cena
AJ Styles (C) vs. Brock Lesnar
Charlotte (C) vs. Asuka
S. Banks (C) vs. B. Lynch
HHH vs. Finn Balor
Randy Orton vs. Bobby Roode
Owens vs. Joe vs. Nakamura vs. Zayn (Fatal 4 way - US Title)
Ambrose/Rollins/Enzo/Cass vs. Wyatt Family (Falls count anywhere)
New Day vs. American Alpha & Kurt Angle
Baron Corbin vs. Cesaro (I-C Title)
The Miz vs. Chris Jericho
Andre Battle Royal
Cruiserweight Ladder Match

With Vince apparently being a fan of AJ Styles & the feud now between Styles and Smackdown Commissioner Shane McMahon then it makes sense for the trade to be AJ Styles for Roman Reigns as Styles could reform The Club or feud with them depending on what they do with Balor and if HHH creates a new stable with Owens & Joe.

i really hope that doesnt happen...i dont mind AJ Styles moving to RAW, but i want someone like Kevin Owens to switch to Smackdown and maybe have Dean Ambrose go to RAW and then send Sami Zayn to Smackdown along with Seth Rollins and (of course) call up Nakamura to Smackdown. Smackdown shouldnt have another superstar that over half the adult males hate to see. i think Smackdown should get Rollins (have Stephanie fire him after the Triple H feud), also have Stephanie fire Zayn (have him get fired in some type of you're fired match that she puts him in)...then have both of them go to smackdown and have AJ go to RAW and have him rejoin The Club and have him feud quickly with Finn Balor....as for Roman, i think his first feud after Undertaker should be with Samoa Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back