Too Many Performers?

King_of_Swing1520

The King of Swing
if you count the current tna roster male and female, add the people like Tommy dreamer and the others that are returning/debuting at the NYC tapings (not going to mention names, don't want to spoil anything), and add the other on air personnel (dixie, hemme, etc.) you end up with 48 (giver take a few if you add those inactive). i did not include announcers or backstage interviewers. i included hemme because she is involved with a story line,

48 on air performers. 48 people that have to fight for tv time, that have to fight to get their storyline on tv and be given enough time to make the audience care. 48 performers with only 2 hours of television a week.

now i did the same thing with the wwe roster. male and female, all on air performers (Steph, el torrito, etc.) again i did not include announcers or backstage interviewers. i got 64 (again giver take a few) 64 on air performers who are spread out over 6 hours of television a week.

TNA has 1/3rd of the television time WWE has but they have 2/3rd the roster.

that just doesn't add up. there's not enough time for everything tna is trying to do. too many story lines getting cluttered. too many performers who get sporadic air time. Samoa Joe and abyss don't even wrestle during the NYC tapings. EY gets one segment. that means for nearly a month people like EY, Abyss, and Joe are only going to be seen on tv once. gunner and Shaw have been off tv for over a month. they were involved in good story lines and then they are gone for so long. all the progress with their characters and audience investment is through away.

tna needs to purge their roster. cut it in half. they have the money to sign all these people but cant afford to keep originals like aj styles and Daniels?

please tell me im not the only one bothered by this?

If people get cut people whine.

It's not the size of the roster really just the amount of talking/time wasted on tv and the fact most of what they added is useless or will be gone by August.

Even though TNA could use their air time more wisely, the storylines are criminally cluttered right now. I don't watch TNA that enough, but judging from the New York City and Destination X tapings spoilers, TNA just doesn't know how to handle storylines and debuts. A new stable just debuted (yes, ANOTHER power stable) filled with a bunch of people that have nothing to do with each other and simply don't click. Dixie Carter, her "nephew" Ethan Carter, Rockstar Spud (not a spoiler because they already exist) and... well, you'll see. Doesn't make ANY sense.

Its a good thing whether anyone wants to believe it or not, that TNA has that many superstars, think about this, if TNA cut its Roster to say 25, How many times can you go around before you get back to your best main event? Joe and Styles fought numerous times where at the time, TNAs roster was very very shallow.

Some guys are going to job, some guys are going to be mid-card, and some guys will be your main eventers, the only problem TNA has in terms of roster isn't its size, but the wrestlers on the roster aren't popular enough for the main event which is so shallow it makes the indie scene look good.

in tna they use most of thewrestlers as part timers. They come for special appearance and gone. They have too many temperary stables with two heel authority and too many x division guys. We see lots of triple threat and more tag matches in recent shows. Tna try to fill most of their rosters in one show. They cut promo and talking and backstage talking and put one more match to that time is best for tna.

On the contrary, TNA needs more active wrestlers. Nobody wants to see the same people fighting each other again and again. What TNA needs to do is that each Impact should have 5 or 6 matches and less talking. That way you don't have a situation were somebody doesn't appear for 3 or 4 weeks.

There are CLEAR cuts that could be made...

But most important, Dixie needs to take Dreamer's shoot advice, get off the camera, and if she needs to fill some void in her life by being in the public's eye get a reality show.

Devon
Garett Bischoff
Hector Guerrero
King Mo
Rampage Jackson

That'd be my first five off the active roster.

They just hold onto these guys too long. The company barely seems to have enough to go around. The fact that there aren't PPVs monthly anymore I think hurts the time that some of the smaller talents get on tv, since now they feature full length matches every night. I mean, they could try and maybe take some of the smaller talents and make them tag teams? You do only have the Wolves, Bro-Man's and Menagerie. Another team, and maybe a squash team couldn't hurt you know. Like they should keep Magnus and Bram together. Personal opinion.

Part of the problem is that they won't establish one strong baby face and heel to center the company on. They need to follow the WWE's model of anchoring the company on talent who can crossover into different media (music, movies, tv). They don't just need 'wrestlers'. Who on their roster right now could you honestly say is capable of doing that or already in that position. You definitely have talent who are great in the ring and on the stick - but wrestling content can't be the only thing to help them generate revenue.

IMO too many wrestlers is a good thing. Certainly better than seeing the same guys over and over.

I'm not really mad at seeing someone every other week instead of weekly. Gives me a chance to miss the character and appreciate their presence more.

They need to push the luchador/fast paced style having manik & tigre uno is a solid start. Enough of the bulky you punch me in the face I punch you back. Show brooke tessmachler more and madison rayne less please

They need to push the luchador/fast paced style having manik & tigre uno is a solid start. Enough of the bulky you punch me in the face I punch you back. Show brooke tessmachler more and madison rayne less please

The last few TNA World Champions were guys like Eric Young, Chris Sabin, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, Magnus and Austin Aries. Aside from Magnus and maybe EY, all of these guys are X-Division masters. The only "bulky" Champions are Bully Ray and now Bobby Lashley. Are we watching the same show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back