Tonights Raw!!

LEGEND KILLER

Occasional Pre-Show
What a show last night! All 3 shows crowned new World Champions...Tommy Dreamer (ECW), Batista (RAW), Jeff Hardy and then CM Punk (Smackdown) and even a new Intercontinental champion Chris Jericho...

We all know Big Dave is hurt with a torn biceps which leaves his title in limbo...

So whats next? I would love to see a Title Tournament which eats up all of Raw, how about a previous thread where someone said Edge may show up and take the belt? I think whats going to happen is Randy Orton challenges Batista to a match and Dave comes out and accepts...then comes someone who strips Dave of the title bc he is injured and low and behold new champion Randy Orton bc he does indeed have a rematch clause so by default he becomes champ again....

It seems pointless is this is the route they go...Orton is my favorite and i dont think he should have lost the belt last night but since he did he should NOT get it back tonight....

So the question is...........

Whats going to happen with Daves title tonight???

I'm really really hoping I'm wrong, but I have a feeling Triple H is gonna get the title.
It'll be like Vicke rewarding Orton the title and Triple H's music hits and he pops out and challenges Orton for the title and rekindles the feud that people gave up caring about 12 months ago.

But I'm gonna be optimistic and say we're gonna see a tournament featuring some of the best upper midcard talent on Raw and it'll all be wonderful. But that's not gonna happen...
Or at least some sort of title match involving MVP. They took the US title off him, so they should definately throw him into the title picture now while they have the opportunity.
Also, I think we could see Cena going back into the title picture. The match they had last night seemed like a blow off match because of the length and decisive victory. And I will honestly be happy if Cena goes back into the title picture cause it means his feud with Big Show will be over...

Chances of Batista hanging on to the title is just about non existent. However, the WWE is going to have to come up with something extremely creative to pass it along.

Personally, I think the WWE all but ruined Orton with that match at Extreme Rules. It was basically a squash. Orton may have gotten 2 or 3 offensive moves in the entire match. The WWE spent months and months building him up as a monster heel only to have him lose his title in a squash. Putting the belt back on Orton seems a little pointless after that.

If not Orton, then who? That's the real question. Cena and Big Show are really the only other guys in the main event picture right now on the RAW roster. The only other viable option would be to bring someone in from one of the other brands.

If Batista does drop it tonight. then I guess a tournament will happen. But who is ready? Orton could win again but I don't think so. I don't know if Cena and Big Show are done their feud. MVP looks like he's heading to the top. Hopefully, they continue to use their upper mid-card talent if they make the tournament with something going like this:

MVP Vs. Kofi Kingston. Winner: MVP

Randy Orton Vs. John Cena. Winner: Randy Orton by D/Q After Big Show comes in.

Matt Hardy Vs. Ted Dibiase. Winner: Ted Dibiase

Cody Rhodes Vs Triple H returns. Winner: Triple H

MVP Vs. Ted Dibiase = MVP Winning

Randy Orton Vs. Triple H/ William Regal = Triple H Winning.

MVP Vs. Triple H = MVP with a quick roll up pin, or Randy Orton attacking MVP to get MVP to win by DQ. Then have Vickie come out and announce a Triple Threat for the belt at the next pay-per-view.

Just an idea.

Chances of Batista hanging on to the title is just about non existent. However, the WWE is going to have to come up with something extremely creative to pass it along.

Personally, I think the WWE all but ruined Orton with that match at Extreme Rules. It was basically a squash. Orton may have gotten 2 or 3 offensive moves in the entire match. The WWE spent months and months building him up as a monster heel only to have him lose his title in a squash. Putting the belt back on Orton seems a little pointless after that.

If not Orton, then who? That's the real question. Cena and Big Show are really the only other guys in the main event picture right now on the RAW roster. The only other viable option would be to bring someone in from one of the other brands.

Can you say Edge>>

I really don't want it to be Triple H or Orton....hell, throw Cena's name in there too.

Those 3 have been at the top for ages. It's time to let someone else shine. Personally, I don't think MVP is QUITE ready yet...but what about Christian or Swagger? They've already reached the top of ECW....and there's not much left for them to do there. A change of scenery could be just what they need.

If Batista does drop it tonight. then I guess a tournament will happen. But who is ready? Orton could win again but I don't think so. I don't know if Cena and Big Show are done their feud. MVP looks like he's heading to the top. Hopefully, they continue to use their upper mid-card talent if they make the tournament with something going like this:

MVP Vs. Kofi Kingston. Winner: MVP

Randy Orton Vs. John Cena. Winner: Randy Orton by D/Q After Big Show comes in.

Matt Hardy Vs. Ted Dibiase. Winner: Ted Dibiase

Cody Rhodes Vs Triple H returns. Winner: Triple H

MVP Vs. Ted Dibiase = MVP Winning

Randy Orton Vs. Triple H/ William Regal = Triple H Winning.

MVP Vs. Triple H = MVP with a quick roll up pin, or Randy Orton attacking MVP to get MVP to win by DQ. Then have Vickie come out and announce a Triple Threat for the belt at the next pay-per-view.

Just an idea.

Check out It's Time to Shake Things Up a Bit(WWE Title Thread) for more on this discussion (to keep similar thoughts in the same thread, not just because I contributed to that one!).

The idea of a tournament featuring some of the mid card talent is a great idea and it would be a good way for WWE to build the future of RAW but something tells me that will not happen, though I would love to be wrong. The way I see it, either Orton is given the title or HHH makes some big comeback and ends up with it (although I pray not). I wouldn't mind HBK returning though and feuding with Orton over the vacated title should WWE not hold a preferable tournament. One thing I would say is that WWE have been unpredictable as of late so what happens tonight is really anybody's guess...

I'm not sure what creative CAN do about this situation other than have a tournament.

Last night I expected CM Punk to cash in on Batista when he won. Thereby givng RAW a champion and Batista is free to have his surgery. Now that Punk cashed in on Hardy, thats not going to happen.

I think a tournament will be a great way to set this up with MVP and a returning Triple H eventually going at it for the strap.

I don't think rekindling the Triple H/Randy Orton feud is a very good idea. It has gotten extremely stale after all these years. I mean 2 WrestleManias in a row and countless other PPVs. It's very, very annoying having these two going back and forth.

Cena vs Triple H vs Randy Orton vs MVP (or Edge) would be an awesome Title feud.

As much as I would like to see Edge on Raw going for the belt, I think he needs to stay put on Smackdown!

SD! really has become Edge's show like he has said in his promos and Edge being on Raw would kind of be a breath of fresh air to the brand because it's so stale. I could see them holding some kind of tournament, with like MVP, Matt Hardy, Kofi, Orton, Cena, Big Show, Kennedy.......oh wait

However, looking at it realistically, I could see them just simply handing it over to Orton somehow. I think that Batista is going to start off Raw talking about how he got injured and then Orton will cash in his rematch clause for at that moment, and Batista will have no choice but to forfeit the belt.

People keep saying Edge is going to come to RAW! I say no. First of all, Edge all but spit in Vickie's face last night after she lost the very, very, very important Miss Wrestlemania sash thing to Santina, and told her he wanted a divorce. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I truly believe the WWE was officially bringing the whole Edge and Vickie storyline to a close. Say adios to La Familia. Also, the WWE has done a good job of taking the brand split seriously since Backlash. Hell, even ECW stars have stayed on their show. The only way Edge is going to jump ship is if the WWE makes some sort of trade, in which case who would be sent back to Smackdown? Big Show, HHH, MVP, Hardy, Kofi, the Carlitos, and HKB are out of the question whether it's due to a title, having just come from the show, or in the case of HBK, being the last superstar to be on RAW for life. Everyone used to want Cena to go over there, but that was to feud with Edge, so you can add him to the list, and then who else is there? The Miz? IF he goes to Smackdown you could expect a Morrison feud would happen immediately, and does anyone want that just quite yet? William Regal? Talk about a one sided deal. Edge is staying on Smackdown where he belongs.

So who will take the title? The most obvious choices are Cena and HHH. Randy Orton and Cena haven't had any real issues since No Way Out 2008, so while a feud between the two wouldn't be the freshest thing, it'd be better than HHH again. I wouldn't be completely opposed to seeing MVP feud with Randy Orton, but I feel like it'd sorta end his push. Maybe Orton will move off of the belt completely. I'd like to see a big battle royal for the belt with The Miz just stealing the victory from Cena. He may not be a proven champion yet, but he has experience being the longest reigning tag team champions in recent history, and him and Cena could put on a few good matches. It's not a long term fix, but it'd keep us entertained at least until The Bash.

The Steel Cage match may have only been average at best, but RAW has only been average at best, and hopefully this will shake things up and make RAW better.

I feel the WWE is now aware that Rome is crumbling slowly. 5 title changes on a PPV is a great example. They need to freshen things up. Putting the belt on Orton/HHH tonight will decrease more viewers. I think tonight there will be a big surprise. Either a tournament will be announced or maybe MVP and Orton will have a match for the belt after Batista drops it or is stripped of it. I think that they will put the belt on MVP. He's starting to get mainstream ( the view)...

Well, I agree a tournament would be great for raw even if it takes place over the next few weeks. leading into "The Bash"

16 men tournament
The first round takes place on raw tonight (8) men left

The next round takes place the following week (4) men left

Then have the semi and Finals at "The Bash"

First round looks like this:
MVP vs. The Big Show

Cody Rhodes vs. Kofi

Ted Dibiasi vs. Santino

Carlito vs. Randy Orton

John Cena vs. Matt Hardy

Primo vs. The Brian Kendrick

The Miz vs. Goldust

Chavo vs. William Regal

you would think the way they ended Raw tonight they would have a tournament next week as Randy was not announced as the new champion. i hope it is not just random people thrown together and they put credit stars in it no jobbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back