wzrf2.jpg

Bring out the gimp!

hartfoundation.gif
hardys.jpg

TNA Regional Final
The Hart Foundation - Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart
vs.
The Hardy Boyz - Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy

I'm going to have to go with the Hart Foundation here. Mainly because of Bret Hart. Neidhart wasn't a bad power wrestler, and he was good backup for Bret, but Bret was obviously the workhorse of that team. Who's the workhorse of the Hardys? Matt? Yeah, don't think I need to explain why Bret's better than Matt. Neidhart's power would be able to negate Jeff's high flying as well.

Hart Foundation made a name for themselves as one of the best in one of the most stacked tag divisions in recent memory. I suppose the same could be said for the Hardys, but they were usually spending their time losing to Edge & Christian and the Dudleys. My vote goes to the Hart Foundation here.

When you break this match down the Hart Foundation becomes an easy choice.

One one side you have Jeff hardy and Matt hardy. Two cruiserweight wrestlers who are known for their flips off ladders and high flying ability. They also have a former world champion and a former ECW champion. They won the tag team titles numerous times during a boom in WWE tag team wrestling. But they're facing one of the most amazing tag teams in wrestling history.

The Hart Foundation consists of Bret Hart, the best technical wrestler of his era, and the powerhouse of Jim Neidhart, a formidable wrestler who can stop any high flying maneuver. Wait high flying maneuver? That is one of the Hardy's highlights. Well throw that out the window and there's no ladders so throw that one out too.

Neither of The Hardy's have the technical or power ability to match up to the Hart Foundation which is what this match come down to.

Hart Foundation FTW

I think this would be a fun, exciting match to watch. But the Hart Foundation is an easy vote for me. Hart is easily far and away the best guy in the match. Neidhart is a powerhouse and contain the Hardys (who I think are both better than Jimmy Goatee). But Hart could go circles around either Hardy. The Hardyz would get their spots and have their moments and look as if they can win the match. But in the end the Hart Foundation takes the win and moves on towards another championship.

Jeff Hardy has experience in the six-sided ring...

Well, that's enough of that.

The Hart Foundation wins this, with ease. Bret is by far the best in the ring, and Neidhart would crush both of the Hardys without much of a fight. The Harts beat teams like the Bulldogs and Rockers, and even though the Rockers never won gold, I'd argue they could hang with the Hardyz any day of the week...

Let's face it, the Hart Foundation have already got this won. A team with Bret Hart is not going to lose on this forum.

That being said, I'm voting the Hardy Boys. Why? Because I grew up being entertained every single week by them. In the videos I have seen of the Hart Foundation, I have never come close to being as entertained. The Hardys stole the show most nights during the Attitude Era. Along with the Dudleys and Edge and Christian, they made the tag team division seem high profile.

So the don't just vote Hart Foundation because Bret Hart is there, if you were genuinely entertained by the Hardys give them your vote. It won't harm anything, though, as this is going to be a landslide, unfortunately.

The Hart Foundation is a team from what, the 50's? Kids, don't embarrass yourselves by voting for them. When they wrestled as a tag team, you had to go to the cinema to see it. There wasn't any audio - a man would play a piano over black and white footage of the match. The tempo of the music would increase whenever somebody would attempt that most devastating of moves; the scoop slam. During promos, you'd only see one of them speak into a microphone and then it'd cut away to a black screen with text on it:

"I say old bean, that Shawn Michaels is a right bell-cheese, what?"

The Hardyz, on the other hand. Dun-dah-dun dun-dun, dee-dah-dee-dee-deee. That's their theme music. It's so awesome I don't even need an argument.

Just like Jeff Hardy's theme music says; the time has come and gone for words/I used to touch kids before/long enough to make 'em pay. Or something like that.

You have to be kidding? This is the TNA Regional Final? Damn, I really do feel sorry for the Hardy Boyz right about now. They have to face a tag team with a member that even paired with "God" could defeat both of the Hardyz in a handicap. Bret Hart and his second-to-none wrestling ability would be enough to ground the High-Flying antics where Neidhart would just run them over enough to not be able to climb anything. By taking these out of the equation, all you have to rely on is Matt's technical and mat wrestling skills that cannot match with the Hitman's.

Hart Foundation advances through again.

I kinda of agree and disagree with tha, sure bret hart and neidhart were possibly the best of all time, but the the hardys have a lifetime of experience working as a team, both are also former world champions, bret hart maybe a hall of famer but neidhart hasn't had any real success as a singles competitor, while both matt and jeff had phemomenal singles and tag team careers

This is a no contest. The Hart Foundation are worlds better than Matt and Jeff on their very best day. It's about tag team wrestling and very few can match the abilities of Bret Hart. The Anvil is pretty useless, but against a team that depends on jumping around and high spots. A power slam from the top rope would slow them down, then Bret would pick the wounded Hardy apart until victory. It would not and SHOULD not be close.

Vote Hart Foundation. For the good of wrestling.

I've used the argument against both these teams that they're both one-man tag teams, and I stick by that.

Bret Hart was the Hart Foundation, and Jeff Hardy was the Hardy Boyz. So, should I judge this by who had the better partner, or who was better between Bret Hart and Jeff Hardy? Or should I just do the kayfabe thing?

If I were to base my vote on who had the better partner... then I would have to vote for The Hardy Boys, since Matt > Neidhart in every possible way. If I were to base my vote on who was better between Jeff Hardy and Bret Hart... I would obviously vote for Hart for reasons that don't need explaining.

Kayfabe wise.... I honestly can't make up my mind. They're both tied chemistry wise, and while The Hart Foundation has the power, the Hardys have the speed and they've beaten powerful tag teams before. With the match being in TNA, I think that favors the Hardys since Jeff has so much experience there in the six-sided-ring, but I honestly don't think that would affect someone like Bret Hart, or even a ****** like Neidhart. So, like I said... I can't make up my mind on this one.

However, I think the way I'm going to vote for this is by who just entertained me more, and that's undoubtedly the Hardy Boys. While I'll take Bret Hart as a singles wrestler over anything the Hardys have ever done, this is a tag team tournament and there's not much as a tag team The Hart Foundation did that blew me away. Whereas with the Hardys... they have an uncountable amount of classic matches under their belts, and they had Lita by their side, who was hot as hell once upon a time.

So, just because I would watch the Hardys in their prime over anything The Hart Foundation ever did as a tag team... they receive my vote here.

Reactions: gd
Something interesting started to happen as I read this forum. When I opened the thread, my gut reaction was to say The Hart Foundation hands-down. It seemed incredibly obvious to me, so much so I almost found it pointless to even browse the arguments before weighing in. Then, as I allowed myself to go through other people's posts, my mind started to shift ever-so-slightly.

Let's get Bret Hart out of the way first. He is unquestionably one of the greatest technical wrestlers around and he developed into one of the best SOLO grapplers of his generation or any other. Thinking of Bret as he was toward the latter part of his championship reigns in WWF truly does skew the decision-making.

However, I don't think this tournament is really based on his solo work. What I'm imagining this tournament asks us to do is take both teams at the height of their tag era successes and pair them off against one-another to determine who would win. By looking at it through those eyes, my initially decisive vote for The Hart Foundation is suddenly up for reconsideration.

In thinking about The Hardy Boyz, I can't help admit they were one of the most innovative and exciting teams of the last couple decades. They had some amazing rivalries with unbelievably talented teams such at The Dudley Boyz and Edge & Christian. To rack up their six WWF/WWE tag team championships and one WCW tag title, in addition to the already mentioned teams, the brothers beat The Acolytes, Right to Censor (Bull Buchanon & Goodfather), Booker T & Test (who they also beat for the WCW titles) and won a tag team battle royal. In doing so, they also put on the now-legendary TLC matches. Extremely impressive.

Still, during their tenure in the WWF, The Hart Foundation faced off against some heavyweights as well. Night in and night out, Hart & Neidhart faced The British Bulldogs, Demolition, The Brain Busters, The Fabulous Rougeaus and The Rockers. They did incredibly well for themselves, too, coming up with two solid reigns as WWF World Tag Team champs. Looking at the teams to which The Harts lost their tag titles, we come up with Strike Force (Tito Santana/Rick Martel, to whom Neidhardt actually submitted via Boston crab) and The Nasty Boys.

Seems we're in a dry heat here between these two teams, really. Both are undeniably great, landmark teams for the WWF. Both have etched their places in the annals of WWF history. And while I first thought the Hart Foundation would take this one easily, now I'm actually teetering in the opposite direction, thinking The Hardys might well pull this one out.

What I'm ultimately going to allow to determine the outcome is the teams' title histories. The Hardys have a combined seven World Tag Team title reigns compared to the Hart Foundation's two. But, really, it's not that simple. During the Hart Foundation's two title reigns, they held the belts for an approximately combined 14 months. The Hardys held the titles nowhere near that long, even in nearly 4x as many reigns.

Had this been a TLC match, I'd have given it to the Hardys, but it's not indicated as such. So, using my little back-and-forth calculation, I'm giving it to The Hart Foundation after all. I still think it's too close to call this an incredibly decisive win, though.

The winners, as the result of a count-out, Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart, The Hart Foundation!

to be honest ive never watched a Hart Foundation match (since im 18) and i never particularly felt inclined to watch one, ive watched loads of Bret Hart matches but no Hart Foundation ones.

So for me it will be the Hardyz because I grew up with them and they were exciting to me plus in my opinion Jeff and Matt know each other more than any other tag team which makes them work better which in turn makes them more likely to win the match

I was originally going to go the boring route and choose the Hart Foundation because Bret Hart is the greatest wrestler of all the times and junk like that, but Sam and jmt convinced me. Sure, I've seen the HF in action, but the Hardyz are my generation. Matt and Jeff are also much more entertaining than the mat based HF, as jmt pointed out.

When you look at it in kayfabe, it would be a close match as well. Jeff and Bret are both World Champions and Matt and Jim are solid midcarders. However, when it comes down to it, the Hardyz are just much more entertaining and relevant to me than the HF, plus, they do have awesome theme music.

I'm going with The Hart Foundation here. Put simply if it was a quick match I'd give it to The Hardyz because of their speed and possible ability to get a quick rollup on Brett out of surprise. Let's face it The Hardys are massive underdogs in this and would need to resort to such tactics. I digress this match wouldn't be short. It would be given ample time and Hart was a workhorse. He thrived on long matches. Neidhart would wear the Skinny Boyz down and Bret would finish one of them (probably Jeff) off with the Sharpshooter. Hart Foundation for the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back