Who Wins This Matchup?

• Harley Race

• Cesaro

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Shanghai Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Shanghai Indoor Stadium in Shanghai, China.

234381250_122b7c6bf4.jpg

Harley-Race-Showing-Belt.jpg

#5. Harley Race

Vs.

cesaro280.jpg

#28. Cesaro

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I love Cesaro. I'd let him swing my fat ass till I got dizzy then kiss him on the mouth, but how did he manage to get into the tournament? I know he has a lot of indy success, but his career in WWE is just taking off.

Race is a guy who influenced Triple H, Mick Foley, probably even your mom. I'll keep this short. Race is in four separate hall of fames. I think that says enough.

This match would be a friggin' slobberknocker. Literally. They'd beat the shit out of each other. On overall pedigree (no pun intended), Race is infinitely ahead of Cesaro. Race is a seven time NWA World Champion, beating the likes of Dory Funk, Jr., Dusty Rhodes, Jack Brisco, Terry Funk, etc.

Cesaro is an up and comer and would give Race a great match.

But there's no way Cesaro gets one on King Harley Race.

To be honest this match makes me nervous. I love Cesaro and think he has a ton of potential. I'm afraid a lot of people might be on his bandwagon right now and he may get a lot more votes than he deserves. Actually one vote would be more than he deserves. Right now Cesaro is living on potential. He hasn't done anything yet. I think this is going to be a breakout year for him but he's still years away from being on Race's level. Harley Race is one of the most decorated wrestlers of all time and really deserved better than a #5 seed. This would be a great physical match between two tough guys but Race would take Cesaro to school. Let's not get caught up in what we hope to see from Cesaro. Race gets the win here.

All I can say is that the next time these guys meet in the WZT, the fight will be significantly closer. Cesaro is money. As of yet though, Cesaro hasn't got the beef. Race wins for all the reasons above.

Race definitely wins, but that doesn't take away form the fact that this match would be so much fun to watch. Cesaro is one of the few current wrestlers that could wrestle the physical style that the old school guys would use. However, the fact is that Cesaro, despite his indy successes, is still up-and-coming while Race is one of the greatest of all time.

No one in his right mind will vote for Cesaro. He is great and all but come on, thats fucking Harley Race. He is the guy who would walk into a Japanese promotion and slap the top star in the face for hitting a spot without calling it.

He wins so much.

Kayfabe wise, a new generation freak of nature wrestler like Cesaro would crush Harley Race, let's just get that straight first.

However, you still can't vote for Cesaro over Race. It would just be a spit in the face to one of the biggest legends in industry's history. Race has given so much to pro wrestling, headlined so many events, won so many championships, help mold so many other wrestlers... Cesaro still just has a LOT of accomplishments to achieve before he could ever be mentioned in the same ballpark as Harley Race.

In a few years this could be a much tougher decision, but as it is you have to take the former world champion of a massive company to win this. Cesaro is strong and well conditioned, but Race wrestled at a time when lots of matches could go on for ages. I think Cesaro would put up a strong performance, but ultimately fall short.

Cesaro has won exactly how many big matches in his career? He was a U.S. champion, defeating the likes of R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, and Miz. Elite company indeed.

A win over (overrated) Randy Orton aside, Cesaro has been all potential and no production. He's had little success as a tag team wrestler, and while his swing is a blast to watch, how many matches has it won for him? When the spotlight has been on, in a tag team or as a single's competitor, he's lost almost every match against the main event boys. He's put on a heckuva show in the process, but matchups against Daniel Bryan and John Cena have seen him lose.

Harley Race is one of the most decorated and respected wrestlers of all-time. Some of his title wins include victories over Dork Funk, Terry Funk, Ric Flair and Dusty Rhodes. While Cesaro is known for his feats of strength, Race bodyslammed Andre The Giant. Advantage Race, anyone?

Cesaro would wrestle admirably, but this match would, in my eyes, resemble the Cesaro/Zahn feud. Cesaro, playing the Zahn role, would push Race to the limit, earning his respect.

But he would ultimately lose as well. Race advances here.

What a great fight this would be. Cesaro has a ton of potential to be great, but he isn't there yet. Harley Race is a true great who influence many wrestlers. Race wins this one in a tough match to move on.

Man, I would love to see this match. From a fan standpoint I want to vote Cesaro. I have liked him since he started in ROH. I am fucking so glad he has gotten the chance to shine in the WWE.

Unfortunately I just cannot vote him over Race. Maybe in a few years he will have dominated & be considered a true legend- but as of now he hasnt got the credentials. Harley Race was highly influential to so many of today's stars & all of his praise is well deserved. Race takes this win in one hell of a matchup.

Was going to give Cesaro a pity vote because i'm a huge fan but he's already got two and truth be told he doesn't come close to Race's legacy

Winner- Race with a piledriver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back