TNA Orlando, Round 2, Match 3: #8 Rob Van Dam vs. #25 Rhino

RVD vs. Rhino

• 5 Star

• Gore

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNa Region, inside of the six sided ring, from Orlando, Fl.

#8. "Mr. Monday Night" Rob Van Dam
RobVanDamtext.jpg

vs.

#25. "The War Machine" Rhyno
rhyno.jpg

Rhino's pretty bad ass when he wants to be, but he's going up against the Whole Fuckin' Show here.

RVD has kicked Rhino's ass plenty of times in the past, and I'm sure he could do so again in a TNA ring. Sure... Rhino has more experience in this environment, but that doesn't mean anything in this situation. RVD is just better then Rhino in every aspect and knows how to put the fucker away for the three count, no matter where the match takes place.

Rob Van Dam wins here. These two have feuded in what was probably Rhino's prime, towards the end of ECW,and RVD won cleanly a few times, then after returning from injury, he was persistently screwed by Rhino and his buddies. If that happens here, Rhino gets DQ'd, and so RVD would beat him. RVD went on to bigger and etter things than the aforementioned feud, and his speed should take this one.

It's Van Dam again. Van Dam has outshined Rhyno everywhere they've been and he'd do it here too. Rhyno's offense is all based on one move. This can be countered by simply jumping over it. Van Dam may be the greatest leaper in the history of wrestling, so why wouldn't he be able to do it here? Van Dam wins after the 5 Star as he has done so many timess before.

RVD was better than Rhino in the prime of both. RVD went on to bigger and better things. And RVD just wins a lot. He had a great record in the WWE for someone supposedly not well regarded.

RVD takes this one without question.

Rhino is one of the most overrated imports from the old school days of ECW. I've never been a fan of this guy really. His finisher, the gore, is equally overrated. Little more than a glorified football tackle. Goldberg did the same thing and did it 10 times better.

RVD has this in the bag. Rhino is nowhere near RVD's league in any organization. The only way this match lasts to 10 minutes if if RVD misses a high risk move and gives Rhino a chance to build some offense.

Rhino? Overrated? Pah and double pah to you all. How can you be overrated when nobody likes you? The Jeff Jarrett argument.

Rhino's a man beast, a war machine. You think a few kicks are going to deter him? You think he's going to let RVD waltz into TNA and steal his thunder? Not a chance - he'll get gored in two.

I understand all the love for RVD, but I think Rhyno wins this. RVD beat Rhyno in ECW, where he had the advantage of extreme rules, and no count-outs. If he tries to fight Rhyno outside of the ring, they'll both lose. This will stay in the ring, where Rhyno is better, and also more accustomed to the TNA ring. This is also basically a home match for Rhyno, since TNA is based in Orlando. This will be one hell of a match, and RVD will look great, but he'll make a wrong move somewhere, and catch a Gore for the loss.

RVD has shown time and time again that he's better than Rhyno...he goes through on this round.

Rhino wins here. Rhino did something RVD couldn't, and that's win the big one while IN ECW, the original. RVD was a TV Champion, woopy doo. AS long as the Honky Tonk Man held the IC title, it didn't make him as good as the world champions in the company. RVD never got to the big time in the company he was dominant in, all the while Rhino came into that company and destroyed everyone in front of him.

Plus, oh, wouldn't it be cool to see RVD in a six sided ring, of cours.e The problem, Rhino knows that ring through, enough so that he's a former NWA Champion, atop of the ECW championship he one.

I remember Wrestlemania this year, and John Cena getting leveled by Edge with a spear when Cena attemtped a move from the top rope. You know what would happen if a guy like Rhino, whose spear is so good it's called the gore, got a hold of RVD mid flight, RVD being nothing but a blood smear on the campus. Rhino should win this match.

I am a fan of Rhino. Paul Heyman built him up to be an unstoppable beast and Rhino played the part very well. However, Rhino never was and never will be on the same playing field as RVD. Even when Rhino was ECW champion, RVD was the guy headlining the shows- "The Whole Fucking Show" is not just a clever nickname, folks. RVD hits Rolling Thunder and follows it up with the most glorious frog splash you have ever seen.

Shame on those who voted for Rhino.

I'd have to say rhino going by kayfabe the fans would be split rhino would have home advantage and van dam might fuck up a flying attack due to the six sides so I go with van dam missing a five star and getting gored. Not usually how Rhino wins but it's how he'd most likely win.

Love affair with RVD or not, all he has are kicks and Rhyno is one solidly built dude. He may have entertained, but Heyman, the supposed genius mind of ECW didn't want to put the belt on him.

But ECW went belly up thanks to Heyman I hear you say... it wouldn't have happened if he'd put the strap on RVD. I point you to the large pile of horse manure that your argument is. Heyman's inability to conserve money wouldn't have been changed by RVD.

Now... the match. TNA so Rhyno has the advantage (please, stop with RVD has six ropes to use), all it means is Rhyno can get further from the rope he's on.
Experience - Up to you. Both have main-evented.
Which brings me to this one... moves - RVD relies on kicks and has to take time to set up the 5 Star... a gore can come from anywhere, doesn't need weapons to hold across a face or a table to put you on. It... Just... Happens.
Like it or not, Rhyno can take what RVD dishes out and end it with one little mistake from Mr 'whatever-the-hell-day-of-the-week-it-is' Night

RVD has beaten bigger and better men than rhyno has. But Rhyno has a win over RVD as far as i know. so, Rhyno wins this match....AGAIN.

I'm going with RVD in this one.

Yes Rhino has TNA experience but RVD has the ability to adapt to any enviroment he's in be it a hardcore ECW enviroment or a WWE enviroment where he has to follow rules. Rhino is good but RVD is that much better. Rhino won't be able to overcome RVD's very fast ability to adapt to any situation and that will cost him the win.

Rhyno is really only good in the ECW region if you ask me. I think he has experience in TNA, although you can tell from me not being sure how much that must have meant. RVD is just better at everything. It'd be close if this was the ECW region, but it isn't, and RVD proved many times that he could work with anyone in the WWE; TNA would be no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back