The Hammer vs. Guerrera

• The Hammer

• The Juice

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region inside te six sided ring, From Orlando, Fl.

#24. Greg "The Hammer" Valentine
champprofile_valentine.JPG

vs.

#41. Juventud Guerrera
Pq1aOT1r.jpg

While Valentine may look like an idiot in that picture, Juvi actually is that out there. He's one of the most overhyped wrestlers of all time. He can do a piledrive that he stole from Michinoku and the 450 which he stole from 2 Cold Scorpio. None of these moves that he's famous for are even his. Valentine isn't exactly innovative but he's tough. Watch the dog collar match from Starrcade 83 if you don't believe me on that. One of the most brutal matches I've ever seen. Valentine wins easily here.

People remember Valentine more for his tag teams with Beefcake and Honky Tonk Man than they do for his singles career, but he actually had quite a distinguished one. He is a former US and IC title holder and beat some notable people like Ricky Steamboat.

Juventud Guerrera wasn't a success in America, with the Rock suggesting that Jericho was shit because he had feuded with Juvi, and he isn't that much of a big deal in Mexico, having won few lucha de apuestas and few titles. Valentine wins this, forcing Juvi to tap out to the hammer lock.

I voted for Kidman over Duggan, because Kidman's speed and athleticism are enough to beat out Duggan's brawling.

I think Juvi is better than Kidman, but Duggan is better than Valentine. So Juvi got my vote. I've seen a lot of his stuff in XPW, and his early stuff in WCW, and think he'd be great in a TNA ring. This ring even made Essa Rios look impressive...

I'm going the Valentine here. Neither of these two are great, but I think Valentine is better than Juvi. Valentine is a tough dude like KB said and that dog collar match at Starrcade is a good, brutal beatdown. Even in the ring that favors the small dudes, Greggy V finds a way to win.

I voted for Kidman over Duggan, because Kidman's speed and athleticism are enough to beat out Duggan's brawling.

I think Juvi is better than Kidman, but Duggan is better than Valentine. So Juvi got my vote. I've seen a lot of his stuff in XPW, and his early stuff in WCW, and think he'd be great in a TNA ring. This ring even made Essa Rios look impressive...

I used to like Juvi, Until I saw a promo he did in XPW, It was before a match with Chris Chetti, And he kept telling the crowd to fuck themself's, Telling everyone he was bigger than The Rock, Even though he stole his catch phrases his uses. Juvi was never a big star. Greg was though, He put on some great matches for the IC title, So greg gets the vote.

In my opinion, being in a TNA ring really hurts Valentine. If this were in either WWE or WCW, I could definitely see Valentine beating Guerrera, but barely. I recently got to see Valentine's match with Steamboat at WM IV, and he only won that match through luck by essentially getting flipped by Steamboat's diving crossbody (which then put him on top of Steamboat and allowed him to get the pin).

Valentine was, more than anything else, a relatively small but well-built man whose cross-style of brawling and technical wrestling allowed him to hang with the heavyweights. And, unfortunately, this makes Valentine susceptible to someone with as much speed as Guerrera.

Pick: Guerrera

what did juvi ever do that was so great? besides being great at being a failure of a man and a swagger-jacker? atleast greg valentine has some wrestling credentials...the man was a great heel, a former u.s heavyweight champion and intercontinental champion. valentine makes juvi scream "uncle"

In the 70s through the first half of the 80s, Valentine was a solid and reliable worker. He never really did anything flashy or innovative, he was just a legitimately tough guy that was stiff as Hell. Valentine was a good draw and won major titles in just about every promotion he worked for.

As for Juvi, he got his ass kicked about a month ago by Konnan. From what I've read, Konnan is pretty much held together by spit and wire. Seems as though everything on the guy has been operated on or replaced or is worn out. Valentine hits Guerrera with one really stiff shot and he'll break like porcelain.

The Hammer was a beast in his prime. Very tough, could brawl, and could mat wrestle with the best of them. If the match either turned into a brawl or hit the mat, it would be over in minutes. And Valentine ALWAYS controlled the pace of the match. Juvi taps to the figure four in under 4 minutes. SQUASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back