TNA Hartford, Round 2, Match 4: #12 AJ Styles vs. #21 MVP

AJ vs. MVP

• AJ

• MVP

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region, inside of the six sided ring, from Hartford, CT.

#12. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
287430_main.jpg

vs.

#21. MVP
wwe_MVP.jpg

Impossible to go against Styles here. He's younger, faster, and better, not to mention he's in his own company where he's the undisputed Golden Boy. MVP is good and getting better, but this is too much for him. The Superman Forearm, which I mark out for every single time, makes an appearence as MVP goes down to Styles.

Do I even need to post? If the Samoa Joe situation will take care of itself, this sure as hell will.

Not only would I argue that AJ Styles is better than MVP in any given situation, I'd also argue that he's better than Dolph Ziggler. Seriously, he's that good.

Honestly though, if anyone's going to vote against AJ in TNA, I don't think it'll be MVP that turns them.

A.J. is just all around quicker, faster, more athletic, and has more "big-match" experience than MVP. A.J. has been NWA World Champ...so you gotta believe his confidence is through the roof...meanwhile, MVP has been a pretty big mixture of hot and cold for his whole career. The two compete in different ponds, but I'm going to give the edge to Styles because of bigger matches and better ability.

MVP is good, but not great. AJ styles isn't good, hes GREAT. Aj would run circles around MVP and he'd pick up the win.

I don't particularly care about either one of these guys really, but Styles is head and shoulders above the truly overrated MVP. I don't really see the big thing about MVP really. I think he probably has the power advantage over Styles here but Styles is much faster, more agile and is willing to take risks. MVP has one of the suckiest finishers in the business today. He'll be lucky if he makes it to the 10 minute mark.

Styles is awesome in my opinion, and definitely the best American wrestler outside of WWE right now. Styles is no stranger to the TNA ring and would be able to make full use of it to go over MVP here in some style. MVP would get a little offence in, but nowhere near enough to stop Styles in his tracks.

The only thing MVP is winning here is best dressed. That is a pretty snazzy suit in that picture. *Focus drtheo* AJ has this one here. I see him making a nice little run here, mainly due to the fact that he got an awesome draw and landed in TNA. I love AJ and I like MVP as well. So this would be a fun match to watch. But AJ is one of, if not the best in TNA and one of the best in the world. He gets the win here.

Poor MVP, I wish he could've gone further in this tourny but alas his run ends here, MVP is good, very good, if WWE does their job right and pushes him the way they should he's a sure fire future maineventer, but AJ, AJ is simply fucking phenomenal, he's just to fast and too danm good for MVP to get past him, so AJ gets the win in what should be a great match

Like everyone has already said AJ is quicker, more agile, and more experienced in big match situations. He'd win in a good matchup with a Pele out of no where.

MVP will adapt to the ring quickly, and will be able to innovate a lot of offense.

That's the problem though. He'd have to innovate, while AJ has made his name by already doing anything that can be done in a TNA ring. AJ is too quick for him, and will be doing too much for MVP to stay on the same page.

Styles. It would probably be one of those matches that "steal the show" or what not, but in the end, the home ring for Styles is too much for MVP to overcome. MVP is certainly athletic enough to adapt to the six sided ring, but AJ could probably wrestle in that ring blindfolded. Styles rolls in this match.

If you don't watch TNA and you can't be bothered researching AJ Styles, then you really shouldn't be voting. MVP got 7 votes? I'm a huge fan of the guy but this is in TNA. AJ Styles is a former TNA World Heavyweight Champion. MVP hasn't wrestled in TNA before, and even though he has potential to be the next big thing, his biggest accomplishment is winning the United States Championship.

AJ is also ranked higher than MVP. AJ Styles has main evented pay per views before, while MVP struggles to even get on the card. I know TNA is different from the WWE, but this is IN TNA. Therefore, AJ Styles beats MVP with the Styles Clash in about 15 minutes. I'd love to see this match personally.

AJ in TNA has done everything possible. He's been in the main event, the first Grand Slam TNA champion, still in the Main Event scene.

MVP... immemorable debut, immemorable if somewhat overrun title run - did he ever defend it, or did he just drink and play basketball? - losing streak and eh, that's not much compared to AJ.

So AJ's better in the ring, and it's in TNA... does MVP really stand a chance

Phenominal One all the way. MVP is great and all, I'm sure he'll be a fixture of WWE for many years to come, but AJ is just too good. His offence is more varried and better overall, not to mention he's much more accustomed to the 6 sided ring.

I don't think this is close. IN the ring, AJ is the best in the business today. Leaders of factions fight over him because of his high skill level.

MVP is good, don't get me wrong, but AJ is too much. MVP is a mat wrestler. AJ is a high flier, who is a better mat wrestler than MVP.

I see a Styles Clash, and a pin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back