TNA Hall Of Fame

WWE.IS.AWESOME

Future Women's Champion
My question to you now, is if there was a TNA HOF, who would you induct and why?

TNA has had some pretty big names compete for them. They have had some of the best in-ring workers of all time, as well as great mic workers, too. Some wrestlers have made history in TNA, but which ones are worth a TNA HOF spot?

Who would you induct in the TNA Hall Of Fame and why?

The first and foremost TNA Wrestler I would induct into the TNA Hall of Fame would be the only TNA Grand Slam Champion ever, A. J. Styles. That is, if Double J’s ego isn’t too big to the point where he would try to be the first inductee. We all know what Styles has done, is doing, and will do in the future. Without a shadow of a doubt, A. J. Styles is the first TNA Hall of Famer.

My second pick would have to be Jeff Jarrett. Regardless of what anyone says, we wouldn’t have $#!+ to watch on Thursday right now if it wasn’t for Jeff Jarrett. His drive alone to do whatever it takes is worth his admission into the TNA Hall of Fame.

My third and fourth pick is a tie between the two TNA Triple Crown Champions in TNA history, Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe.

Casting aside the fact that TNA does not need or deserve a Hall-of-Fame right now due to the infancy of the company and how little of an effect it's had globally, if there in fact were a Hall-of-Fame, the first inductions go to the following TNA Alumni:

1. Jeff Jarrett. Yes, he's still active, but he's the "founder" of the company, and without him there is no TNA. He belongs to be there based entirely on this fact.

2. Ron Killings. Yes, he's still active with WWE, but Ron Killings spent the highlight years of his career with NWA-TNA and was one of the most recognizable faces from the Asylum years.

3. Raven. Yup, you read that right. Raven. Scott Levy was at the forefront of all things TNA from 2003-2006 and spear-headed the hunt for the then NWA World Heavyweight Championship. He may have made his name in WCW, but he continued it in TNA for years and eventually paved paths for guys like Kazarian and Johnny Devine.

4. Mike Tenay. Has called every single match in TNA's history. 'Nuff said.

Other names to consider: Shane Douglas, James Mitchell, Don West

I don't think TNA should have a HOF to begin with, seeing as the company has such an ambiguous past, riddled with WCW and WWF stars, people who are already in other HOFs, that most of their homegrown talent are still wrestling with TNA.

Give it like 20 years or so, and you easily have guys like Steiner, Angle, Jeff Jarrett, and AJ Styles.

It has to be AJ, first and only Grand Slam Champion, first X Divison Champion, longest reigning World Champion, fought in TNA's first ever match ect. ect. He is/was the face of TNA.

Consequence Creed: The guy was nothing special but he does hold my all time favorite in ring screw-up when he puked.

All joking aside, currently I would add no one. but there are names that are deserve once they retire:
The Motor City Machine Guns are definatly some of the best out there, and they have a fairly dedicated fanbase
A.J. Styles was if not is the face of TNA and has other accomplishments that can easily be read above
Jeff Jarrett: like him or not he did help build the company
Mike Tenay: IDR said it. He has called every match (I can't recall a single "sick day").

Give them a few years and they will have a better list/ reason to do this.

The Only One I Would Put In A TNA Hall Of Fame Is A. J. Styles. He's Been Loyal To That Brand And You Can Make An Argument That He's The "Shawn Michaels" Of TNA.

With TNA's current track record, will there be anyone left to induct in the Hall of Fame? WWE is the big time while TNA is the minor leagues. Nash said it best in his WWE interview, the WWE is what wrestlers strive for and where wrestlers want to end their careers. TNA, in it's current state, is were old WWE stars go or a place for wrestlers get their start before moving to WWE or a place for veterans to end their careers. So other than double J, founder of the company, will there be anyone left to induct into a TNA hall of fame?

It's been said, "TNA doesn't deserve a Hall of Fame", "TNA doesn't need a Hall of Fame" and to some extent this is true. I think it deserves a Hall of Fame, but it'll have to be quite a few years down the road if it is still active then. I'm not saying it won't be, I hope it is, but they need to start improving.

Now on to the topic at hand, "Who would I induct into the Hall of Fame?"

1. AJ Styles (for all of the stated reasons)
2. Jeff Jarrett (Same as AJ)
3. Mike Tenay (The voice of TNA)
4. Kurt Angle
5. Sting
6. Raven
7. Samoa Joe
8. Ron Killings
9. James Storm
10. Christopher Daniels

IMO these are the guys that have kept TNA going and they have made into a minor competitor with WWE. They aren't on the same level, but when talent leaves WWE where do they mostly go: TNA.

Also I think some other future Hall of Famers are: Abyss, Jay Lethal, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Kazarian, Robert Roode, Team 3-D, Traci Brooks, Madison Rayne, Angelina Love, Tara, Homicide, Hernandez, Konnan, Chris Harris, Dutch Mantel, BG James, Gail Kim (when she retires from WWE, first Knockouts Champion), Awesome Kong (when she retires from WWE, 2 time knockouts champion), ODB (3 time Knockouts Champion), Jerry Lynn, Taylor Wilde (Knockouts Champion, 2 time Knockouts Tag Champion), Shane Douglas, Petey Williams, Scott D'Amore, Christian Cage & Kevin Nash (if TNA forgives like the WWE does).

I know it's a long list, but I think each of these wrestlers makes a valid point for their induction into a future TNA Hall of Fame.

AJ Styles - Self Explanatory
Jerry Lynn
Low Ki
Christopher Daniels
Elix Skipper
Petey Williams
Scott D'Amore
Kevin Nash
Scott Hall
Ron Killings
Jeff Jarrett
Abyss
Raven
James Mitchell
Don West
Mike Tenay
Samoa Joe
Amazing Red
Vince Russo
Chris Harris
James Storm
Bobby Roode

The above (apart from Joe) are named because of the complete contribution they had in the NWA-TNA days, Russo is there purely because of the S.E.X angle, Triple X is really self explanatory as is AMW and the Team Canada members stated, Killings is there because he was such a good draw in the early days, plus the TNA Asylum. Tenay and West are there because they are the voice of TNA. Other mentions such as James Mitchell are there for pure contribution over the years, in the case of Mitchell, the Disciples of the New Church was such a big thing for me watching NWA-TNA and to be honest, TNA died to me after 2006 when it got alot more WWEized,

First and foremost, IDR hit the nail on the head. TNA is less than ten years old and has no business thinking about a hall of fame for another 20-30 years. With that being said, the first class in the inaugural TNA HOF class (given 6-7 people) they should be:

Jeff and Jerry Jarrett--the original founders
A.J. Styles--the face and backbone of the company
Mike Tenay--one again like IDR said, he has called every TNA match since the beginning
Sting--a perennial main event caliber wrestler
Kurt Angle

I would then create a special wing in the HOF for the X Division pioneers, guys like The guns, Christopher Daniels, Jay Lethal, Kaz, Petey Williams, EY, and Joe

If for some reason TNA was putting out a hall of fame I would call it the prowrestling hall of fame and induct all the people that vince won't for whatever reason. Deserving names from other countries that are not well known in the US along with people like Ultimate warrior, macho man, sting and others. Maybe try for Benoit or Owen. I do not think TNA needs a hall of fame now though.

AJ Styles - he is to TNA what Sting was to WCW. He's been there since the beginning, has done it all, and has done it all several times.

Americas Most Wanted (Chris Harris and James Storm) - the original foundation of the best tag team division of the last ten years.

Raven - first big "name" to leave WWE for TNA, and actually came and put people over rather than coming in and being pushed to the title in his first few months with the company.

Jeff Jarrett - Eh, he founded the company, so give him a spot for that. I could have gone without the never-ending NWA title reigns though...

Triple X (Christopher Daniels, Elix Skipper and Lo-Ki) - the perfect foil for AMW and used the Freebird Rule to perfection.

Jerry Lynn - helped put the X Division on the map along with AJ and...

Lo-Ki (NOT Senshi) - was the third part of the X Divion triangle that made it such a great Division in the beginning.

Christopher Daniels - picked up the X Division after AJ moved on the the Heavyweight Division and did a pretty damn good job with it.

James Mitchel - led the New Church against the young AMW, bloody feud with Raven (the scalping in Raven is still a visual that is stuck in my head) and lead Abyss, the fat love child of Kane and Eugene, to an NWA World Heavyweight Championship reign... That takes talent, my friends...

First off, TNA will have absolutely no business having a hall of fame for another 20 years. So this is silly to begin with, but if we had to put some names, and assuming TNA will be around in 20 years I've got three guys in mind.

1. Jeff Jarrett
2. Sting
3. Kurt Angle

TNA is what's going to make Jarrett into a legend down the road. His place in the final days of WCW were downright embarressing, but his time in TNA has made alot of people forget that. Sting deserves to be in any wrestling hall of fame, so no explanation needed.
Kurt Angle shouldn't need explanation either. He's a wrestling machine, and his career has been fantastic in both WWE and TNA.

Well they've only been around 8 and a half years, and unfortunately they plateaued in 2006. So I think the list should be kept small, just for people that either made a legacy in TNA, or helped take it to truly a new level.

1. AJ Styles - The obvious choice. The face of TNA since day ONE! Not only was he the first Triple Crown Champion, he did it 3 times over before anyone else could even get it once. Yes the 1st (and at this point) only Grand Slam Champion. I sometimes like to joke that he'll be the only man to ever hold all of TNA's titles, being the only man to hold The Legends, Global, and Television title in that belts short existence. And let's not forget that he, for at least 1 year, had the undeniable proof of being the best wrestler in the world when he won the poll over such guys as John Cena, CM Punk, and Chris Jericho. He's the first guy in TNA to take that honor. If TNA never has a hall of fame, and even if they eventually fold.. AJ is one of only 2 guys I think that should qualify for the WWE HOF, based of his accomplishments in wrestling, and where he was able to take TNA. I mean they already have a list full of guys who never accomplished jack in a WWE ring, and AJ Styles could make a great contribution to that list.

2. Jeff Jarrett - Some might disagree with Jarrett being in, but bottom line is, without him there would be no TNA. He's the other guy on this list that I would say could claim a spot in the WWE HOF based off his accomplishments in TNA alone. Not to mention his accomplishments before hand in WWE and WCW, in TNA he added 6 reigns as NWA World Heavyweight Champion to his resume. And while the circumstances of how he got so many reigns may be questioned, it really worked. Everyone knew he ran the place. So he makes himself 6 time champion that dominates the title picture as the top heel for 4 years. It helped get guys like AJ Styles over in the main event, and made the Raven's and Christian Cage's bigger and even more over just by walking in and wanting the title, because they immediately became savior's that the fans lived through. Love it or hate it, he's earned his spot.

3. Raven - As previously stated, the first real big name to make the jump over to TNA. It was perfect timing, and he was honestly the perfect person. I think they may have missed the opportunity to really make him a main stay in the main event. If he could have beat Jarrett for the strap back in the Asylum days, I think he really would have just had everyone eating out of the palm of his hands. He's continued to make contributions to the company as recently as this past year with EV 2.0. Though I think again they missed opportunities to have him maybe work in creative, an agent, or at the very least, a manager.. he still found ways to help. Remember Serotonin? If it wasn't for Kaz being in, then eventually breaking away from that stable, who knows where he would have ended up. Raven, TNA HOF? Yes.

4. Sting - Not much of a case has to made for Sting to be in any wrestling HOF. But him choosing TNA over WWE always made him feel like TNA's only legend. Sure he will probably always be remembered as a NWA/WCW guy.. but the work he's done in the greater part of the last decade for TNA is something that I think will make his legacy that much greater.

5. Christian Cage - I originally didn't have Christian on this list. But after thinking about the impact (no pun intended) he had on TNA, and really how huge it was.. I couldn't over look him. Not only was his initial impact huge, it never lost momentum during his TNA run. He was the biggest signing since Raven, but the real first big name to actually JUMP SHIP and choose TNA over WWE. For a brief period of time I had stopped watching TNA due to it's uncooperative schedule on Friday afternoons, then Saturday nights. But once I heard Christian had showed up, I made myself find time for TNA again.. and I haven't stopped since. If that isn't a major impact, I don't know what is. Then add in two World Title reigns, including a savior like victory over Jeff Jarrett for his first title. Also add an undefeated streak that lasted 2 years, the lasting effect of the Christian Coalition stable that really helped AJ evolve to the next level, and all the GREAT matches he had, and really.. Christian Cage is a no brainer for TNA HOF.

6. Kurt Angle - You had Raven, you had Cage, then you had Kurt Freakin Angle. The signing that shocked the world! And no matter what they say on TNA TV, Kurt Angle is in fact, the biggest signing in the history of TNA wrestling. More so then Sting, Christian, Foley, Hardy, or even RVD (it just took em too long get him). Just like Christian, he brought a new wave of exposure, interest, and attention to TNA that the company had never seen before. His feud with Samoa Joe is still to this day my favorite feud in the history of TNA. When he came in and became the first man to beat Joe, I knew it would only be a matter of time before he took the company over. He then went on to become the FIRST TNA World Heavyweight Champion and the company's 2nd Triple Crown champion. I still say Bound for Glory 2007, from top to bottom, is the best BFG ever, and that was headlined by the well built Angle vs Sting. He was creator of the Main Event Mafia, a group and storyline that dominated TNA for a YEAR! Not only has he benefited TNA with his star power and amazing matches with the likes of Joe, AJ, Christian, Desmond Wolfe, etc.. the way he's helped the company recruit and grow is something they should really pay him for. He's promised to stay with TNA till he retires and even beyond that, and if that's true, then I think signing Kurt Angle will turn out to be the smartest and most beneficial move the company ever made.

And that would be my strict list. I'd love to add others like Daniels, Joe, and even Borash. And cases could possibly be made for the likes of Abyss, Killings, Jerry Lynn, and America's Most Wanted. But only the 6 above made the necessary impact and left enough of a legacy that in the world of pro wrestling, will always be remembered.

For me, it would be A.J. Styles and James Storm. A.J, beacause he has ben there since day 1 of the company, he is the first Tna grand slam champion. James Storm, beacause like A.J he has been in the company since day 1 and has been part of two of the best tag teams in tna history America's Most Wanted and Beer Money Inc.

AJ Styles. If anybody has the right to say they have done nothing but work hard each and every week to revolutionise their company, then it's him.

I'm not a big fan of TNA, but I can respect all the hard work the people there put in for their company. It's a great sign of respect, both for their company and the industry itself.

AJ, is undoubtedly one of the best wrestlers of all time. His in-ring skills are beyond excellent. I enjoyed watching TNA back in the 2002-2005 era when it was down in the ground because they weren't worried about the money, or the fame or anything like that, they just put on solid wrestling matches. They had (and still have) some of the best working talents in the industry today.

I'd like to see a TNA Hall of Fame. As much as the WWE fans would hate on it and claim that TNA were copying WWE just because WWE had a Hall of Fame first, I'd like to see it.

It isn't as if they don't deserve it. They've built themselves quite a good company and it hasn't been active nearly as long as WWE has.

There are probably alot more people I could mention, but for arguments sake, a few other people I would most likely see in a TNA Hall of Fame are Raven, Jeff Jarrett and Jeff Hardy.

Now, I'm not the biggest fan of Jeff Hardy; as a matter of fact I hate him with every fibre of my being; but that's besides the point. I can respect everything he's done for TNA, and while he was on and off with both TNA and WWE, he got a great reception no matter where he ended up. That being said, he's done a hell of alot for TNA as a business.

First of all TNA dont need to waste money on a TNA HOF. I like how they have money for a HOF but dont have money to sign Goldberg or Batista. Plus TNA is just trying to copy off of WWE with this HOF crap. What else is new for TNA. All they do is copy from WWE and it's sad. This is why TNA will never get on the map because they are in WWE's shadow and will never come out of WWE's shadow until TNA hires Paul Heyman to be the head writer.

TNA are too young a company to have a Hall of Fame. They usually only come into effect when there have been several generations of stars gone through the system. With TNA, you'd be honouring Styles, Joe, Daniels, all of whom are still active and in their prime. You could make an argument for a guy like Jerry Lynn, who's winding down if not outright retired, but there just aren't enough names to justify it.

Give it twenty years and we'll talk.

Jeff Jarrett - I do not like Jeff Jarrett at all. But, he is definitely one of the first 2 names I think of, when I think TNA.

A.J. Styles - He is the other name I think of when I think TNA. He has had some of the most memorable matches within the company. He is one of the "biggest" names TNA has established on their own. Not to say he is their biggest name or anything. Kurt Angle and others were stars or known before they came into TNA.

Mike Tenay - I am not the biggest fan of Tenay. I hate the facial expressions he makes when he is on camera and he over acts way too frequently. But, he is the voice of TNA and always has been. The length of time he has spent being their play by play since the beginning probably qualifies him to be in pretty easily.

Kurt Angle - I think he has meant a lot to the company. He brought a lot of fans interest to TNA. Though TNA isn't any kind of competition to the WWE, I can't imagine where they would be or where their ratings would be at this point without the signing of Kurt Angle 4 and a half years ago.

EDIT: A "Celebrity" type of induction for participation in TNA would be Ken Shamrock. He was the first World Champion of NWA TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back