TNA Gets A New Logo

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It looks like TNA is getting a new logo. The logo, at least as of right now, isn't on the company's official website but it's up on its Facebook and Twitter accounts. https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING

And it's...ummm.....well yeah. As you might imagine, the logo is pretty much getting blasted online as I've yet to read anything that sounds remotely like a compliment. A good or bad logo isn't necessarily the end of the world because this is damn sure a bad one. As before, I'm guessing that the company is sticking with the TNA moniker with Impact Wrestling simply being the name of the show.

It looks horrible, there's no doubt about it. I think we can all agree on that.

I really don't think it is befitting of a "worldwide" wrestling promotion by any stretch of the imagination. To me, it looks amateurish.

This has been discussed on the board, but in case anyone missed it, the new logo for Impact is a direct play off of Anthem's official logo, and is part of rebranding the company as an Anthem property and further stepping away from the Dixie Carter era.

An Anthem logo for further clarification:

12946_505.jpg

It's a bad logo, but it doesn't say "TNA" anywhere. So I expect the "TNA" to be dropped.

EDIT: On the other hand, the new UK app is "Total Access TNA Wrestling." So who knows.

It's bad. Really bad.

I don't care if it's a play off of Anthem's logo... the bird/hawk/Articuno looking thing has nothing to do with TNA. If they did it to show that TNA is owned by Anthem it's pretty pointless considering THE NAME OF THE COMPANY IS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LOGO! The font doesn't look good... it's just all bad.

I do not think it is really that bad. It looks like an educational program but still, it is clean looking and fresh. A well needed hopeful breathe of fresh air for TNA going forward.

I like it. It helps move the company forward into the Anthem era and doesn't look that bad. The Anthem logo is a big A IMPACT has an A right in the middle.

Anthem knows they need to change just about everything to erase the horrid stink that Dixie left and this is just a small part of that. Love it or hate it things like this are going to happen often over the next 6 months or so I'm sure.

It is absolutely horrific. When I first saw it I told my friend it looks like some Native American flea market quilt. I swear to god, it feels like this company just can't get their shit together. Even with dumb luck after how many restarts and rebrands they've undergone, the law of averages tells you they'd finally hit on something that works.

Here's an insane thought...TNA has been around longer than WCW or ECW were.

I say this with all seriousness and not just IWC shit talking, I work in the design industry, as do many of my friends who are all diehard wrestling fans. Any of us, could've, and would've happily designed something for them for free, that would've been a thousand times better.

The problem with this company is that it has always been a vanity project, kept afloat seemingly only to inflate the ego of it's current owner. Whether that was Jeff Jarrett booking himself to the top, Dixie always having her face on air, promoting her own action figure when the company was on the verge of collapse, Billy Corgan needing his own song as the theme, and being an on-screen character, when he was there purely for financial and creative reasons, and now Anthem sticking their stupid logo on it.

Can anyone just make their focus to create a good product and not allow their ego to get in the way of that?

I do not think it is really that bad. It looks like an educational program but still, it is clean looking and fresh. A well needed hopeful breathe of fresh air for TNA going forward.
I totally agree.

It's something new & refreshing. I don't know why it is an unpopular opinion but I like it. It isn't the best thing TNA could do but still it isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. Anthem wanted to add something related to them so I can see why the bird was used.

It doesn't matter if it's Anthem branded, because Anthem isn't a brand that carries any weight. The biggest problem is that design-wise, it jsut doesn't look good, and that's because they center the A, puting IMP on one side and CT on the other, making it look out of order. When you look at you just think that something is off.

It's not great, it's not terrible; FWIW I don't think it's better than their current/now-former logo, but there's a very obvious decision here to brand Impact Wrestling as an Anthem property, so it is what it is. I'm surprised to see "Anthem" so prominently in the logo, but again, that's clearly a branding decision. Anthem seems to be positioning TNA as one component of a larger product, and every other decision will be based directly on that goal.

I shouldn't say "TNA" though, because it seems pretty clear that they're finally moving along with the "Impact Wrestling" rebrand. There really is no possibly better time than now to do that; Total Nonstop Action has become a punchline, and the audience is just as familiar now with the branding "Impact Wrestling" as they are "Total Nonstop Action".

If you don't like the logo, look at it this way. TNA/IW is now in the hands of an owner who has specific goals for the company and is willing to put in the work towards them. We haven't been able to say that for a very, very long time.

It's mediocre. It doesn't look good.

But it doesn't say "TITS AND ASS!", it uses inoffensive colors, it doesn't obviously look like dicks or anything. A C- effort. Which by LOLTNA standards isn't bad.

(It's a downgrade, IMO, from the hex-based Impact Wrestling logo. But, shrug.)

EDIT: To the people who hate hate hate it. It's just a logo, for a company that has been around for almost 15 years. An A+ logo isn't going to make much difference for Impact (or if it stays TNA.) They've been around too long and missed too many boats for a sewperdewperawesome logo that would set the design community on fire to make a difference at this point.

As has been pointed out, the blue bird isn't random. It's anthem's logo, they've been using it for a while. The Impact Wrestling logo wasn't broken, it's the TNA that's broken (and not in the good Hardy way).

It's time to ditch the tits and ass joke and expunge it from everything. Enough with the soft re-brand that's been in effect for a while, just loose the TNA acronym all together.

This has to have been a plan for a while, the Grand Championship was introduced without any TNA logos. It's time for a new World title belt, time for new tag straps, and the X division title as well to remove all TNA logos and rebrand as Impact Wrestling championships.

It doesn't have to be anything radical, the belt designs could stay mostly the same, but it's time to remove that little reminder of the past.

Honestly, who cares about the logo? What's been happening between the ropes lately has been far more interesting. New logo suggests new era, so let's lose the last part of the branding from the old guard.

I think TNA needs to keep their name and who care if it means to some " TITSN ASS" when wwe had that going on wwe sheep fans were drooling and now TNA brings eye candy females t rebrand their association and everyone was is complaining! I dislike the logo looks like a kindergarten logo from a romper room or something. I see it as Anthems logo and not TNA wrestling logo they just want to fans to know Anthem owns the rights to TNA and that's all!

I just wish TNA would make up their mind what they want to be called. TNA or Impact Wrestling going forward.

I just wish TNA would make up their mind what they want to be called. TNA or Impact Wrestling going forward.
Pretty sure with the new logo they're going with I.W. If Anthem wanted it to still have the TNA in it they would have put it in the new logo.

No it's not. It literally reads "Impact Wrestling Anthem" now. And it is a terrible logo. As much as some of us want to stay positive about anything TNA related, this is the pits. It looks like they had two pretty decent ideas, the Impact/Anthem bird and the beehive background, and blended them together to make an eyesore. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but calling this Frankenstein of a logo good is insane.

No it's not. It literally reads "Impact Wrestling Anthem" now. And it is a terrible logo. As much as some of us want to stay positive about anything TNA related, this is the pits. It looks like they had two pretty decent ideas, the Impact/Anthem bird and the beehive background, and blended them together to make an eyesore. It isn't the end of the world or anything, but calling this Frankenstein of a logo good is insane.

It's not that it's a GOOD logo. But it's not a flaming-dog-poop-dumpster-fire of a logo, like the Trump-Pence TP logo that looked like kid sign language for penis-in-vagina. (I don't think it's political or partisan to say that was a bad logo choice.) So by LOLTNA standards, they're doing pretty well.

EDIT: It is also a worse logo than the blue-hexagon IMPACT Wrestling logo they'd been using.

Thinking of it strictly in terms of A Logo For A Professional Wrestling Organization, yes, it is a terrible logo. BUT.

The idea behind the logo here is that Anthem is the main group, and TNA/IW is the subsidiary brand. I'm not exactly an Anthem marketing strategist, but TNA/IW has very limited prospects for growing its audience under its current television deal. By marketing TNA/IW as Anthem, they're hoping to pull in viewers from their other properties to TNA/IW- much like they're hoping to draw TNA/IW fans to other Anthem properties.

We seem to say this every year, but it's a new reality for TNA/IW. They're under new ownership with different ideas of what the product actually is. Whether this means drastic changes for the television product is yet to be seen (and a few months in the future at the least), but their new strategy for marketing TNA/IW is reflected in the logo.

Someone can tell me if I'm wrong but it takes a lot to officially change the name of as big a company as I.W.

Give it time, the logo is a good start.

It doesn't take THAT much. Especially in a situation where you've been dual-branding as "TNA Wrestling" and "Impact Wrestling", to drop one brand and use the other exclusively. WWF changed over to WWE pretty quickly, and that was going from a good brand identity to a fairly-stupid one.

Let's see what a complete TNA--> Impact changeover would still need.
Tnawrestling.com redirects to Impactwrestling.com already.
ShopTNA.com would need to change.
The new "Total Access TNA Wrestling" app would need to change the name.
The One Night Only logo still says TNA.
The non-Impact shows are all still TNA-branded, I think.

Is there any "TNA" initials left in the Impact Zone setup?

The three letters "TNA" represent every failure this wrestling organization has had. There is no value in the name. The value is in the TV deals and the talent featured. "Impact Wrestling" is a mediocre branding but it still beats TNA. I'm glad the initials have gone from the logo. The logo is cheesy looking and won't draw in any new fans, but logos are the least of "Impact Wrestling Anthem's" problems.

It doesn't take THAT much. Especially in a situation where you've been dual-branding as "TNA Wrestling" and "Impact Wrestling", to drop one brand and use the other exclusively. WWF changed over to WWE pretty quickly, and that was going from a good brand identity to a fairly-stupid one.

Let's see what a complete TNA--> Impact changeover would still need.
Tnawrestling.com redirects to Impactwrestling.com already.
ShopTNA.com would need to change.
The new "Total Access TNA Wrestling" app would need to change the name.
The One Night Only logo still says TNA.
The non-Impact shows are all still TNA-branded, I think.

Is there any "TNA" initials left in the Impact Zone setup?

See this guy gets it.

The company name is still TNA Wrestling and says as much at the end of every episode of Impact.

So I say again they need make up their mind what they want to be called going forward and none of this duel branding stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back