Roberts vs. Bossman

• The Snake

• Big Bubba

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The follwoing match takes place int he TNA Region, inside of the six sided ring, from Charlotte, NC.

#10. Jake "The Snake" Roberts
jake-the-snake-roberts.jpg

vs.

#23. The Big Bossman
boss.jpg

Wow...this is a close match. I bet these two have wrestled before. Had to. I just don't remember it off hand. I have got to give the slight edge to the Snake. He's more sneaky than Boss Man. And his DDT's quicker and more effective than the Rock Bott...err Boss Man Slam. I know BBM did it first. It's just funny.

The Snake moves on. But barely.

I'm sure this match happened sometime before. Bossman was a heel for a good while during Jake's time as arguably the #2 heel in the company. That being said, I think Jake takes this one. Boss Man's offense comes down to the Boss Man Slam, which was indeed a devastating move. However, Jake would be able to escape it or at least avoid it long enough to lock in the DDT. That move can put anyone down and it would put Bossman too.

Yes I remember this matchup very well & of course Roberts won that match. Bossman may have the power advantage but Roberts is sneaky & can hit that DDT out of nowhere. I say Roberts wins this one with a quick DDT.

Jakey poo takes this one. The only way I could see Bossman getting the edge over Jake is if the ref got knocked out and Bossman was able to use the nightstick. However, Jake has an equalizer in the form of Damien, and he isn't afraid to use it. It will not matter, though, as Jake will use his premiere psychology to outwit Bossman (and his daddy) and take him out with the DDT.

Please, Jake Roberts was practically a jobber for his whole WWE career. He could only defeat lesser wrestlers, half of the time by DQ. Even as a face Jake had to resort to heel tactics to get wins.

Jake Roberts at any time couldn't beat Boss Man of the late 80's. Possibly not even the Bossman of the late 90's, the one that The Rock pinned in about 5 seconds.

He lost to Sting, he could only beat Andre by DQ, a blindfolded Rick Martel, he drew with Rick Rude, Austin pinned him easily, he defeated Vader by DQ.

Jake Roberts is a loser in every way shape or form.

I was about to come into this and say what Jake has said about the other Jake, so I won't bother. What I will say is that Bossman was a big name at the end of the 80s, and even Hulk ogan had to cheat to get him out of the Royal Rumble in 1989 (I think it was 89, not certain though). Jake rarelty won against anyone he was just hugely over because he had a snake and a cool move. To be honest, it was Damien and the DDT that were over, not Jake, and I think the Bossman would win this one fairly easily.

[youtube]yXddml9nn4Y&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]jq1NSh_8wHQ&feature=related[/youtube]

You want power in Kayfabe? How's about narrowly defeating Hulk frickin' Hogan in a steel cage? Those of you who comment on Snake's sneakiness, remember, Jake's not the only one that can cheat. I never did understand why the WWE turned Bossman face. He was such a powerful character as a heel, and he was at his best when he was heel. Even as a face, Big Boss Man could always get the upper hand against technical wrestlers. My example? How about his matches with The Perfect One himself?

[youtube]mO5elyZqMcc&feature=related[/youtube]

As great as Jake was... He simply never one a feud. He was always portrayed as either coming up short, or just as flat out not as good as his opponent. Ricky Steamboat? Lost that feud. Randy Savage? Lost that feud. The only feuds he ever wound up looking good for in the end were his feuds with Andre, which ended with Andre getting disqualified for hitting Big John Studd, the special guest referee, and Rick Martel, beating him in a blind fold match.

Take the Bossman.

Bossman takes this. Jake Robert was a good wrestler, but Bossman was tons better, in my opinion. He has the strength advantage, is very quick for a big guy, and he's smarter then Jake.

Jake Roberts always gets credit for having such great psychology, both kayfabe and shoot, and in kayfabe wise... his psychology edge was always nothing but having a snake to scare his opponents. And I guarantee Bossman wouldn't be scared of a fucking snake. In fact, dealing with the Bossman, Damien suffers a worse fate then he did when the Earthquake got a hold of his ass.

Jake might have a win over the Bossman in the past, but I'm sure even if that's true, Bossman wasn't in his prime at that time, and this tournament is based on wrestlers in their primes. And in his prime, Roberts couldn't fuck with the Bossman, kayfabe AND straight up talent wise as far as I'm concerned.

Bossman should definitely take this. Jake Roberts career was full of "Would've", "Could've", and "Should've's". He didn't ever reach his full potential and if he had, then he may have stood a chance. But since he didn't, Bossman should take his ass out.

This one is a close call here. I'm gonna go with Roberts though. Hits a DDT out of nowhere and puts the Bossman down in a closely contested contest.

I'm a big fan of Bossman, but I'm an even bigger fan of Jake. I don't think he was as bad in the ring as some people say, and the DDT is just an amazing finisher. If you need to see just how effective it really is, watch the one he used on Steamboat on the Saturday Night Main Event DVD.

He was also the original "cerebral assassin". He'd use all sorts of wicked mind games to beat Bossman before the match even started.

I've never seen the deal about Jake Roberts, I'm not a huge fan. Bossman, on the other hand, can work with anyone and have a good match. His power will come in handy here, which defeats Roberts, especially when he can also do everything Roberts can as well as be stronger.

I love the in ring psychologist aspect of Jake Roberts. I get it, I know, he's snake like, the DDT is deadly in the ring, blah blah blah. Jake Roberts doesn't stand a chance against the Big Bossman.

The Bossman was seen as a legit enough heel to get booked into a program with Hulk Hogan, no small task. The Bossman was handpicked to be the Body Guard of Mr. McMahon during his run in the corporation, no small task. Simply put, the Bossman was chosen to go against the likes of Austin and Hogan in their primes because he was a believable threat against those two. Bossman is bigger, stronger, and I daresay faster in the ring then Jake Roberts. Bossman should win this match.

When it came time to wrestle against main eventers, both these wrestlers would lose. the only thing stopping snake roberts here, is the simple fact that bossman has more main event matches, and possibly even more victories than snake roberts. this is close, but bossman wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back