TNA Charlotte: Round 1, Match 6: #26 John Morrison vs. #39 Jack Swagger

Discussion in 'TNA Region' started by Shocky, Mar 23, 2009.

?

Morrison vs. Swagger

1. Johnny Nitro

2. Swaggah

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

The following match takes place in the TNA Region in the six sided ring in Charlotte, NC.

#26: "The Shaman of Sexy" John Morrison
    [​IMG]

vs.

#39.
    "The All American American" Jack Swagger
    [​IMG]

2. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

As new as Swagger is, I think my vote is going to him. Morrison is a phenomenal athlete, and has proven he can be successful as a singles wrestler. Swagger is not only a great athlete, but is an accomplished mat wrestler, being a two-time, two-time all-American.

The only thing this match hasn't happened for the ECW Title is because of The Miz. If Morrison was still a singles wrestler, we'd be cheering for this match every Tuesday, and it would undoubtedly be the opener for WrestleMania. As much as I like Swagger, and as good as Morrison's chances are at winning this, neither man will beat Bam Bam, and it's a damn shame.

3. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

While not much is known about this elusive new youngster, Jack Swagger. What we do know is that Jon Morrison is shit. The jury is out on Swagger. But the fact that WWE put the ECW title on him, over one of the more established guys on the brand proves that he must have some potential.

Morrison is good with a ladder, and he sells like HBK in a Hogan match. But that's all he has to offer. One week he looks like he could beat somebody of note, but he never does, the next week he's losing to the short one from Cryme Tyme.

4. justinsayne

justinsayne Cody Rhodes is an excellant

Morrison would win, he has the experience advantage on his side which when all is said and done is what will get him the win, he's a former 2 time IC champ, and ECW champ, where as Swagger has won the ECW title fairly early in his career he's still very green, Morrison would take advantage of that to get the upper hand in the match and hit Swagger with the Midnight Drive or whatever the hell he calls his finisher

5. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Pretty much exactly what I was going to say but didn't. Swagger got an ECW title shot because he deserved it. Morrison got his because Benoit missed Night Of Champions. If it wasn't for Benoit, Morrison would still be toiling in undercard matches. By that I mean more undercard.

Swagger is green, Morrison acts it sometimes. I'd go for the guy who isn't in his prime or at least hasn't shown he's in his prime, over somebody who could well be in his prime, but isn't doing anything with it.

6. Little Jerry Lawler

Little Jerry Lawler Sigmund Freud On Ritalin And Roids

Even though Swagger is a rookie, I am going to pick him over Morrison. I like Swagger's technical style more than I do Morrison's style of wrestling especially since Morrison is supposed to be a heel. I don't think the Miz will be ringside to help Morrison. Swagger reminds me of a cross between JBL and Angle and I think he will utilize what he has better to score the victory.

7. klunderbunker

klunderbunker Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House

Swagger. Morrison is another version of Kennedy with a bit better resume. People keep talking about how great he is and he's gotten lazy because of it. Morrison never would have been ECW Champion had it not been for Benoit. He wasn't even in the match remember? Without that, he doesn't get into the three way feud with Miz and Punk, meaning no team with Miz. Morrison isn't as great as people say he is, while Swagger has rookie of the year locked up so far.

8. hotwater10

hotwater10 Dark Match Winner

2007: Morrison > Swagger
    2008: Swagger = Morrison
    2009: Swagger > Morrison

Simple, Morrison got lucky with a couple of title runs a some what funny show on WWE.com. Him and Miz will be broke up later this year and both get released a year after that. Go to TNA and own the mid-card. Period

9. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Wait, isn't this the same Jack Swagga that is sooooo good that he can't even get a title match at Wrestlemania this year because Mcmahon doesn't think he is capable of having a good match on live TV. isn't this the same Jack Swagga that stunk the joint up last month at No Way Out with a reliable worker like Finlay working iwth him in the match?

Jack Swagga, is about 6'4' and 275 pounds of over rated hype at this point. The guy is a green rookie that hasn't proven shit yet except that he is ready to handle the C title in the company on the C show, that's about it. John Morison was at least remotely enjoyable to watch while he was ECW champion. His feud with CM Punk showed more out of that then Swagga has shown his entire short career.

10. Henry Hill

Henry Hill KAAARRREENNN!!!!!!!

i vote for morrison because he is a much better performer than swagger, and he doesn't have a lisp. he has a better look, and a much better finisher. he has toiled in a crap tag team division as of late but he carries the division on his back.

11. The Todd

The Todd Championship Contender

With them being roughly the same size, I will give the edge to athleticism and speed in this match. Swagger will have to catch Morrison to do his power moves, and Morrison is very good at countering moves. If Swagger goes for his finisher, Morrison has the hurricanrana. It will be a long match but I would give the edge to Morrison for this one.

12. Shock

Shock Resident sig maker and TNA mark

John Morrison. He's been named the best tag of the year in 2005 with Joey Mercury by PWI and again in 2008 both by WWE and Wrestling Observer. Five time tag champ, two time Intercontinental, and one time ECW World Heavyweight Champion, the Shaman of Sexy is a fantastic wrestler with amazing in-ring ability as well as great skill on the mic. Hell, he also won WWE Tough Enough III (well, co-won). Bottom line, this boy's got skillz.

Jack Swagger. He won the FCW Florida and Southern Heavyweight Titles. He is now the current ECW Champion. Also a two time All-American, Jack Swagger is charismatic and great on the mic. His ring ability is superb as an amazing mat wrestler. He's got skillz as well.

Therefore, because I am a huge fan of both of these wrestlers and they are both so good, I am not voting. I just felt I should comment. If someone made me vote, however, Morrison would most likely be my pick, but I'm not voting.

Shocky likes this.
  13. Tastycles

Tastycles Turn Bayley heel

Swagger is the ECW champion, but he is playing second fiddle on the brand to the Money in the Bank qualifiers, and even missed a complete show. The experiment has failed, and I'd be very surprised if we don't see Evan Bourne beating him for the title at Wrestlemania or losing it to someone good as soon as the draft has been.

Morrison is always presented as a guy that is a legitimate threat to main eventers, and I think he would go over Swagger if they fought tomorrow. Miz and Morrison, along with Finlay, Henry and Christian, are the people that are worthy of the A and B shows, while Swagger, despite being champion is struggling to get on the ECW card.

Swagger has as many wins as he does defeats over Christian and Finlay, and has beaten jobbers, Tommy Dreamer, made hard work of Ricky Ortiz and then beat Matt Hardy.

So, Matt Hardy is the only real person he has beaten, and this was so Matt could go onto better things, and Matt's resume is worse than Morrison's. I think John Morrison wins here.

14. justinsayne

justinsayne Cody Rhodes is an excellant

Are you fucking kidding me, Morrison has a better resume than Kennedy?!, who the fuck has Morrison how many former world champs has Morrison beat, how many high profile fueds has he had?, the only thing Morrison has on Kennedy is title wins, 5 tag titles, 2 IC titles, and an ECW title, and even with all that Kennedy is still better than Morrison who is better than Swagger

Umm yeah he was, if he wasn't in the match he wouldn't have won it

And you know this for fact?, it's very possible that they could've had a four way feud planned and after the Benoit tragedy just changed it to a three way feud, or perhaps it was a three way feud and they just chose to add Miz since Morrison had to take Benoits spot

What the fuck does his teaming with Miz have to do with anything?, He's wrestling a singles match not a tag, Miz is a non-factor, and Swagger is just overrated, he's just another victim of WWE trying to push a young guy with potential to fast, and once again it'll bite them in the ass, just like it has with Lesnar and Lashley

^^^That right there pretty much sums it all up, I am eagerly awaiting someone to attempt to pick that apart

15. NSL

NSL Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh

Since when does that matter in the match?? I've never seen a guy lose a mtahc because he couldn't talk right. Fuck, even Matt Morgan had a stuttering problem, but he still won. Dusty Rhodes had a lisp, and no one is denying his achievements. No one (except Sly) could understand shit Warrior was saying, and he won titles.

16. gd

gd Plump, Juicy User

Jack Swagger will win here. He is more technically sound, his finisher is better than whatever Morrison does, and he became ECW Champion just a few months after joining the company.

17. CCS

CCS Getting Noticed By Management

Jack Swagger would kick Morrison's little fairy ass. Swagger is a fucking college wrestling champion for God's sake. The only reason people like Morrison is because he did a damn moosault last year at wrestlemania. Besides that he's really not all that good. Swagger looks like he's a good 20-30 pounds heavier than Morrison AND he has the wrestling advantage. Swagger wins in a close match.

18. SavageTaker

SavageTaker Everybody Has A Price!

Jack Swagger all the way.i think togethere they will perform very good but ultimately swagger takes the win.Jack A former all-american will beat morrison.while john will be able to hit a couple of corkscrews and some pin attempts swagger will take him out when john screws up.

Like KB said john has been pretty lucky,and the only reason he got the ECW title was because of benoit not appearing.

19. DhA

DhA Pre-Show Stalwart

I think John Morrison will just about pick up the win, a very even contest but I think Morrison's old-skool HBK style and superior speed will get the better of the more powerful and mat based Jack Swagger.

20. RVDgurl

RVDgurl Mrs. Danielson

For me, John Morrison is guy that should be the total package, yet something is missing. Jack Swagger, on the flip side, single handedly got me to watch ECW again. He has that "it" factor. He has size, strength, quickness and that little something extra that makes me want to watch more of him.

Morrison would definately put up one hell of a fight, but Swagger gets the win.

21. Thriller Ant

Thriller Ant Beep Bop Boop

Morrison. Swagger has been pretty good, but I haven't been as impressed as most with him. He has a nice mat based power style, but somehow is still sloppy with it. Nothing about him screams "superstar" to me, and besides his finisher, his moveset is extremely bland.

Morrison on the other hand has a very exciting and difficult moveset. Even with the added difficulty, however, it still comes off smooth and he rarely botches. He will come up with very creative ways to hurt Swagger, and the 6 sided ring will always help the quicker guy. Morrison wins with the Moonlight Drive.

22. Miko

Miko WATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHER!?

Jack Swagger's best performances have been with Matt Hardy, then again I am usually first in the list of people that compliment Hardy's in-ring work and his ability to get entertaining matches/programs out of most people. Outside of Hardy Swaggers been a let down, John Morrison may be completely average but that's still higher than what I'll rate Swagger.

23. Theo Mays

Theo Mays Part Time Poster

This is a match I'd love to see. These two could put on a very entertaining match and steal a show. They are generally equal to me right now. Swagger as a rook is the ECW champ and he is probably going to go on to do bigger and better things. Morrison was a fill in ECW champ, but he is a former IC champ. So that all balances out for me. Swagger has more power, Morrison has more speed and athleticism. Swagger is easily better in the ring. Morrison is good for spots. AHHHHH. Not to sure where to go, so after rambling on and talking this over with myself, Morrison gets the victory, oh so slightly.

24. Khalifa

Khalifa Where it at doe?

Another good match up here much like Kennedy and the Miz. Morrison has a very atheltic style and is improving on his mat skills, along with the mic (which doesn't mean anything but) and Swagger is a average/good wrestler all-round with the exception of the mic. Alot of people love Swagger saying that he is the next big thing and so on. Alot of people also say Morrison is a very overrated person and doesn't deserve were he should be. I have yet to see Swaggers full potential but I do believe he can do something in the future. I also believe that Morrison isn't overrated because he gets it done in the ring time to time again and believe he doesnt get the credit he deserves. Swagger will be good... in the future but until then I see Morrsion taking this one and advancing to the next round.

25. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Pretty much what Jake said. We dont know just how good Swagger will get, but we do know that John Morrison is absolutely terrible. Swagger got HIS title becuase the company felt he deserved it. Morrison got his becuase Chris Benoit killed himself.

The list could go on and on. Simply put....Morrison sucks shit, Jack Swagger is awesome. End of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.