Flair vs. Mulligan

• Nature Boy

• Blackjack

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matchup takes place in the TNA Region inside of the six sided ring, in Charlotte, NC.

#2. "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair
ric-flair.jpg

vs.

#63. Black Jack Mulligan
03.jpg

Flair. Duh.

Now, to avoid an infraction, I'll comment on this. Flair has beaten some of the all-time greats in wrestling, and we all know the number of titles he's held. The only thing stopping him from winning the whole tournament is the amount of haters on this site. He'll make it to at least this sub-region's finals, and should win, depending on the gimmick match.

This is about as one sided as it's going to get. you need someone excellent to beat Flair anywhere let alone his hometown. Mulligan is bigger and stronger and that makes it easier for Flair. He thrived on catching big guys in mistakes and taking them to school, which he'll do right here.

Flair in a landslide. Flair is one of the greatest of all time, and while Blackjack was very good, Flair is just way to much for him to handle. Flair loved catching guys off guard, he beat everybody, and had some amazing matches doing it. Flair wins here no problem.

Ric Flair and Blackjack Mulligan were briefly a tag team, and Flair gets the better of his ex-partner here. I'm not a fan of Flair's work in the slightest, but I appreciate that he was good once. Flair could find a way to beat most people, and Mulligan is certainly no exception to that rule.

On a side note, his results in North Carolina in the 90s would suggest that home town advantage isn't as big a deal for Flair as it is for other people.

This is a tough one for me. Black Jack was a tough old bastard but Flair is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time. So as much as I would like to vote for Black Jack, Flair would win. You just cant beat Flair's mix of great technical ability and his mastery of dirty tactics.

Mulligan was decent back in the day, but that being said, he's in the ring against the Naitch. Not the watered down has been of the last 15 years, but pure prime and true Ric Flair. Flair in his prime was damn near unbeatable in the ring, and it's going to take more then a Blackjack to end his run this year. I honestly can't see the six sided ring changing the outcome of this match.

only Flair should walk out of this one easily. Nothing else really needs to be said, Mulligan was good but Flair was better, better technique, better endurance he is just better.

Flair. Duh.

Now, to avoid an infraction, I'll comment on this. Flair has beaten some of the all-time greats in wrestling, and we all know the number of titles he's held. The only thing stopping him from winning the whole tournament is the amount of haters on this site. He'll make it to at least this sub-region's finals, and should win, depending on the gimmick match.

We don't hate Flair, we just see him as an overrated hack who couldn't do shit once Hogan entered the Big Leagues.
Flair wins this match, he was better than Black-Jack. Flair would lock on the Figure Four and have the dude tapping in moments. Flair wins this in a lopsided affair. Wooo.

Easy win for Ric Flair here.

Hometown advantage? Check. Experience advantage? Check. Even though Flair may be the smaller man of the two, he still wins this with ease. He would easily find a way to use his figure four leg lock and make Mulligan tap out. The 6 sided ring wouldn't affect Flair as much, considering he rarely uses the ropes anyway. If anything, it could give him more opportunites to cheat and to pin his opponent with his feet on the ropes.

After all, he is the "dirtiest player in the game".

The limousine riding, jet flying, wheeling, dealing, kiss stealing son of gun, the Nature Boy, WOOO! Ric Flair! Naitch wins this easy. Mulligan will give him a hard time early one, but Naitch will get in his chops, start working on the knees, lock in the figure four and strut back to the locker room to celebrate.

Yeah, I never saw the appeal of Blackjack Mulligan. He was huge, but that's about it. Flair, on the other hand, even though I don't like him all that much, I can't deny how great he was from the late 70s to the early 90s. If there's anyone that gets an unfair rap for staying in the business for too long, it's Flair. So, I'm going to ignore the last 15 or so years of his career and concentrate on his glory days in WCW and his first run in the WWF. Ric Flair FTW!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back