[TNA BT] The New Blood of Impact Wrestling

Hard Hit Prince

Not really working as a
Impact-Logo-500.png

FANTASY BOOKING - IMPACT WRESTLING

BILLY CORGAN ACQUIRES TNA WRESTLING AND A NEW ERA IS PROMISED

» The biggest news in the professional wrestling business came from TNA's office as Dixie Carter left her position as the principal owner of the company. In her place, Billy Corgan, the former Rev Pro-Wrestling promoter, takes the throne. In an interview with ESPN.com, Corgan promised a new era for the company and announced that "Bound For Glory" would be "the perfect stage to show the fans that he means business."

DEAL WITH POP TV EXTENDED AFTER THE ANNOUNCEMENT

» Right after the deal was done, Billy Corgan got in contact with Pop TV officials to discuss some of his ideas for the brand new Impact Wrestling under his watch. Apparently the network seems available for three hour live specials, whenever they are appropriate, which could mean the return of live specials, this time on free television like the old WCW's Clash Of Champions.

TALENT DOES NOT HAVE EXCLUSIVE CONTRACTS ANYMORE

» The last news coming from TNA HQ is that most of the talent will be allowed on other's promotions such as Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro-Wrestling as long as that doesn't mix with TNA's schedule, making them their priority in their guaranteed contracts with the company. TNA's next tapings will take place at the Impact Zone, October 4th until the 8th which garner them content to last through two months, until their very first special in December.

»» NEXT: BOUND FOR GLORY RESULTS & SUMMARY

HKusrGz.jpg

BILLY CORGAN'S FULL INTERVIEW WITH ESPN

Q: Hey Billy! What an amazing month it has been for you. First being named TNA's President and now the principal owner of the company. What can TNA fans expect from your leadership?

BC: First I want to thank ESPN for granting me this interview. It really has been an interesting month to say the least. TNA has always been my passion project. It's no secret that I've been trying to get a bigger role in the wrestling industry for years now. I am the founder of Revolution Pro-Wrestling down at Chicago and I am pretty proud of what we accomplished there without a television deal and with only an handful of loyal crew members. Essentially running a wrestling promotion is the same no matter the size, but with TNA, I can do it on a national scale and I am really excited for the opportunity. To answer your question, I like to believe that I bring passion, you know what I mean? I'm the biggest wrestling fan I know and despite the last few years, I truly believe we at TNA have the best wrestlers in the world on our roster and it's a matter of time until we start to grow.

Q: Will there be any major shake up as far as signings and releases go?

BC: Expect a lot of surprises and that's all I can say about that. I can say however that we're implementing a new rule for our talents contracts. As of right now we're granting all of them the opportunity to appear in whatever show they want, televised or not, as long as TNA becomes their top priority. That essentially means that when we get around to tape our shows, we fully expect the entirety of our roster available. We just think that more exposure means more viewers and every wrestler is a brand on its own, so why not let them travel the world, get better and more popular, when we are not recording new episodes? That means our wrestlers will also have a better pay at the end of the year and we truly want the best for them.

Q: I can easily see that has a really good decision for the business as a whole. Tomorrow TNA presents "Bound For Glory" on pay-per-view and it already looks like a stacked card, so is there anything you want to say about tomorrow's show?

BC: "Bound For Glory" is our Superbowl so everyone will have that extra motivation going in to make sure they deliver the best possible product we can. With so much new blood in the roster, I feel like I should try to start fresh with everyone so, right here on ESPN, I am announcing that "The Cowboy" James Storm is no longer suspended and more than that, he'll have a match at the PPV. An "Open Challenge" for everyone who wants a piece of one of the few original members of TNA. I'm all about second opportunities, even to someone I don't really like on a personal level.

Q: Wow, what an honour! James Storm and you probably need a sit-down conversation but I'm sure fans will appreciate "The Cowboy's" presence. I am already hyped for the PPV, so I am thinking, will we have more of those this time around?

BC: As of right now we do not expect to have more than the "Slammiversary" and "Bound For Glory" PPVs. It's an expense that we are not ready to take on at this time, but POP TV officials and I have been talking in having special 3 hour episodes for the fans. It won't be right away, but we'll continue to use the best of what we can with our television deal. Also, here it is another exclusive, after Bound For Glory, expect Impact Wrestling to be distributed in its entirety. I mean "no commercial breaks" that takes away from in-ring time. We are a taped show and you can be a part of it, essentially for free over at Universal Studios in Florida, so being taped we do have our perks and that means that when we have to go to commercial, we'll return exactly where we left of, so the fans at home don't miss any of the matches and segments.

Q: Last but not least, what do you think of Dixie Carter?

BC: Dixie is genuinely one of the sweetest persons you'll ever meet. She's the reason TNA is still around and she gave her best for the company and her legacy will always be associated and respected for it. Great wrestlers around the world had some of their best work in TNA and that's all on Dixie. She gave the guys and galls of this business a new opportunity to work on a national level and when the fountain was good, everyone came to drink of it. She'll definetely be missed.

»» STILL COMING UP NEXT: BOUND FOR GLORY RESULTS & SUMMARY

BDWKoLO.png

TNA BOUND FOR GLORY 2016
OCTOBER 2, 2016 - IMPACT ZONE

1. Alberto El Patrón answered James Storm's open challenge with a big win, making it a successful debut for the Mexican wrestler. Billy Corgan who was a guest all evening at the commentary table did seem to be very pleased with "The Cowboy" getting beat by his new sign. This wasn't unnoticed as Storm threw a glass of water over The President's face while yelling: "You won. I quit!"

2. The X-Division Championship may not have been defended tonight, but that doesn't mean DJ Z wasn't on the show. The X-Division title holder almost cost The Wolves's return match after trying to get to Lee & Everett's manager, Shane Helms, who for the past month had been talking smack about him, calling him the worst champion in the division's history. In the end though, Edwards and Richards prevailed with a "superkick into a bridged german suplex combination" in Everett's jaw for the pinfall.

3. The whole Knockout's division made a statement this evening. Maria was the champion coming in, but make no mistake, Gail Kim held her down and treated her like an amateur the entire course of the match. Maria was finally getting her punishment, but the champ tried to run out of the match, only to have the entire division force her to return to the ring and allowing Kim to win back the championship with an emphatic "Eat Defeat".

4. Matt Hardy became the proud owner of one-half of the TNA Tag Team Championships, mainly out of Jeff Hardy's work. Abyss & Crazy Steve were a real threat to this now broken family, but in the end, Jeff's in-ring presence and experience got the best of them. Matt Hardy made sure however that he would be the only champion as he lifted both titles in the end while Jeff looked upon it, motionless.

5. Mike Bennett brought Moose to Impact Wrestling in order to get where he wanted to, so it's a bit ironic that Bennett had to bring someone else new to help him beat the big guy. Cody Rhodes, the former WWE wrestler, also made his debut at Bound For Glory, by triping and distracting Moose, therefore giving the opportunity for Bennett to hit the "Miracle Progress" for the one, two, three.

6. Nobody expected anything out of this match and many were concerned for the rules, but Galloway and Aron Rex made it work. After two intense rounds, the Scottish Dragon hit the "Future Shock DDT" which pretty much knocked Aron Rex out. The big story however was Drew Galloway's celebration as he held his new Impact Grand Championship on one hand, while making the "Two Sweet" sign on the other.

7. The main event of the evening saw another title change as Ethan Carter III defeated "The Destroyer" Lashley after one of the biggest and hardest to look at brawls in TNA's history. At one point, Carter was bleeding so intensively through his head that he couldn't even get up. Lashley was about to finish him of with the "Spear" when Ethan Carter III out of the blue reversed it to hit his second "TK3" and to reclaim the World Championship for the delight of the fans.

QUICK RESULTS:
1. Alberto El Patrón def. James Storm
2. The Wolves (Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards def. Andrew Everett & Trevor Lee w/ Shane Helms
3. Gail Kim def. Maria Kannellis (c) - TNA Knockouts Championship
4. Broken Hardyz def. Decay (Abyss & Crazy Steve) (c) - TNA Tag Team Championship
5. Mike Bennett def. Moose
6. Drew Galloway def. Aron Rex - Impact Grand Championship
7. Ethan Carter III def. Lashley (c) - TNA World Heavyweight Championship

»» NEXT: IMPACT ON POP - 6/10/2016

First of all, I’m so happy to see a BT in the Writing Gallery. It’s been a while since a legit BT project has been around. Secondly, it’s a TNA BT. Wooo! Cheap plug here but look out for something from me here when I can get things organized. Onto the BFG results.

Having El Patron come in and beat James Storm is an interesting decision. But I do like Patron being in TNA. I’m not a huge fan of his but I do like seeing his in-ring work. I hope that Storm isn’t actually gone as you can turn this into a very interesting storyline. You could paint Corgan in whatever way you want and you can also have James Storm put someone over or even rejuvenate his character a little bit.

Tag team wrestling – I sure hope you have plans for the division as The Wolves are pretty much your entire division other than The Decay (who I do like as well). Having the Hardys around isn’t bad but the quicker they are away from TNA, the better it’ll be (for me at least). But with The Wolves, The Decay, and The Hardys leading the tag team division, it’d be nice to get some new blood in there and spice things up.

The Knockouts division is another thing that I hope you have a ton of plans for. Maria and Gail Kim as your top KO’s is fine but like I said with the tag team division, some new blood wouldn’t be bad. Now, new additions to every division won’t fix all of the problems, but having more characters to work with will help you tell a better story.

So that’s how you chose to bring in Cody Rhodes, hmm. Not too sure on it but I’ll reserve judgment and wait to see what you have cooked up for it. I think Rhodes is a big enough name that he could’ve stood alone as soon as he came into TNA. But if you’re going the Charlotte/Dana Brooke route where the “prodige will take over the mentor” someday, then I guess that’ll be fine too even if I’m not a huge fan of that. I’d be happier if you used Bennett and Rhodes as a two-man power trip as they take over TNA and just run it. Whether that be winning all the gold or just running roughshod through the entire roster. Either way, I look forward to seeing what you do there.

Galloway and “Too Sweet” sign? Hmmm. Color me intrigued.

EC# has always been a good character and a pretty good wrestler in TNA. So him winning the World Title can only mean good things. Lashley is a tough guy but he doesn’t have much of a personality. To me, he’s disposable at this point of his career. Have EC3 feud with the likes of Bennett, Rhodes, Galloway, Rex, or El Patron for the strap and you instantly have a better feud to work with.

Overall, these are big enough changes that you’ve written out and I’m looking forward to seeing how you implement them. Very intrigued by this project. That’s the first thing you need to do when writing a BT – hook a reader in. And you my friend, have done that. Good luck with this as I’ll be reading each new show you post.

RZiFgmJ.png

"Bound For Glory" was the perfect stage to establish the new beginning of TNA Wrestling. New champions were crowned and new faces appeared on the scene that took the Impact name at heart by making the best out of their debuts. This week's show is headlined by yet a new "Broken" Matt vs. Jeff Hardy match up in the main event - a match requested by Matt that intrigued a lot of the fans since they are now the TNA World Tag Team Champions. His exact words were: "I'll prove Brother Nero's irrelevancy by showing why I am, alone, the TNA World Tag Team Champion".

IMPACT ON POP #1
OCTOBER 6, 2016 - IMPACT ZONE

The new TNA World Heavyweight Champion Ethan Carter III started the show for his live celebration. Ethan thanked the fans for their support and gave credit to Lashley's previous title reign. Mike Bennett & Cody Rhodes interrupted as the crowd boo'ed. Bennett introduced his partner in crime, that tonight would make his wrestling debut against Moose. Rhodes took the mic to express his intention to become the TNA World Champion, but firstly him and Bennett wanted to make a statement. They surrounded the ring and attacked the champion as he tried, to no prevail, fight them of. "The Destroyer" Bobby Lashley ran down the ramp for the unexpected save. Rhodes & Bennett retreated before things got ugly while ECIII sat down and leaned into on of the corners. Champion and former champion simply noded to one another before leaving as a sign of respect.

TAG TEAM MATCH: THE WOLVES VS. ANDREW EVERETT & TREVOR LEE W/ SHANE HELMS
A rematch from Bound For Glory was requested by Shane Helms, stating that DJ Z's interference was the reason for last night's defeat. The match was going really well for The Wolves, until the X-Division Champion DJ Z showed up again, this time causing the disqualification by attacking the entire Helms Dinasty group while targeting Shane Helms. Edwards and Richards argued with DJ Z after it, but the distraction lead to a beatdown by the Helms Dinasty.

There was a backstage segment with Decay. The former tag team champions were not pleased with the loss and confronted Rosemary, saying: "It's time..." while she simply smiled back.

A limo arrived and Alberto El Patrón came out with The Chairman Billy Corgan.

SINGLES MATCH: CANDICE LERAE VS. MADISON RAYNE
The Knockouts got a new addition in the form of Candice LeRae. The canadian wrestler had quite a challenge in his first match against the veteran Madison Rayne, but in the end Candice lived up to the fans expectation after delivering a "Balls-Plex" and getting the big win.

In the back Maria Kanellis and Allie were watching the match. Maria was frustrated with her loss last night and promised Allie that Gail Kim was going to pay for everything she did to them, as well as all the other Knockouts.

Billy Corgan made his way into the ring to present Alberto El Patrón. The new chairman just talked and talked about how good "Mexican's Greatest Export" was and named him the responsible for retiring James Storm. The crowd started to boo at this point and El Patrón didn't really help the cause. El Patrón started out by saying how good it felt to be in the Impact Zone, but he ended the segment by calling the fans "perros mudos" (dumb dogs). The crowd now boo'ed the duo heavily, specially after Corgan started calling them disrespectful ingrates. Corgan told the world he was going to change TNA and El Patrón was his hand-picked man to help his cause.

SINGLES MATCH: CODY RHODES VS. MOOSE
This match had quite a big fight feel and both of them needed a win tonight. Unfortunately for the fans, the two guys brawled to a double countout after almost fifteen minutes of a quite good story. Rhodes used his speed to counter Moose's strenght, but in the end it would be all part of a plot to wear down the big guy and assault him afterwards. Rhodes & Bennett joined forces to take out Moose's left knee by repeatedly crushing it with the ring steel steps. Moose had to be carried away after the assault.

Ethan Carter III and Lashley seemed to be on the same page in taking out Bennett & Rhodes before Lashley gets his rematch for the World Championship. The duo challenged Rhodes & Bennett for a match next week.

SINGLES MATCH: ARON REX VS. ELI DRAKE
Last night's loss really made a mark on Rex as he wasn't the same happy and confident wrestler in his entrance. Instead he looked more intense and in front of him was Eli Drake, who wanted a chance to move up the card as well. The match ended up in favor of Rex and after it was over, Galloway appeared on the big screen congratulating Rex on last night's humiliation and offered him a chance of redemption for next week's show.

[ME] SINGLES MATCH: "BROKEN" MATT HARDY VS. JEFF HARDY
Even before the match started we knew this was a setup to make Jeff Hardy look bad. As soon as the bell rang, Jeff laid out on the mat for the quick loss and frenetic celebration of Matt. After it "Broken" Matt took the mic and said that with Jeff's deletion, the entire company lost his biggest star, but he was willing to put himself in that position, but for that to happen he needed to "Delete TNA". He dropped the mic, got into the middle of the ring and opened up his arms before yelling "DELETE!". The arena's lights were out as the show faded away.

»» NEXT WEEK:
- DREW GALLOWAY (C) VS. ARON REX - IMPACT GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
- ETHAN CARTER III & BOBBY LASHLEY VS. CODY RHODES & MIKE BENNETT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back