Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'The Writing Gallery' started by Hard Hit Prince, Sep 21, 2016.
FANTASY BOOKING - IMPACT WRESTLING
»» NEXT: BOUND FOR GLORY RESULTS & SUMMARY
BILLY CORGAN'S FULL INTERVIEW WITH ESPN
»» STILL COMING UP NEXT: BOUND FOR GLORY RESULTS & SUMMARY
TNA BOUND FOR GLORY 2016
OCTOBER 2, 2016 - IMPACT ZONE
1. Alberto El Patrón answered James Storm's open challenge with a big win, making it a successful debut for the Mexican wrestler. Billy Corgan who was a guest all evening at the commentary table did seem to be very pleased with "The Cowboy" getting beat by his new sign. This wasn't unnoticed as Storm threw a glass of water over The President's face while yelling: "You won. I quit!"
2. The X-Division Championship may not have been defended tonight, but that doesn't mean DJ Z wasn't on the show. The X-Division title holder almost cost The Wolves's return match after trying to get to Lee & Everett's manager, Shane Helms, who for the past month had been talking smack about him, calling him the worst champion in the division's history. In the end though, Edwards and Richards prevailed with a "superkick into a bridged german suplex combination" in Everett's jaw for the pinfall.
3. The whole Knockout's division made a statement this evening. Maria was the champion coming in, but make no mistake, Gail Kim held her down and treated her like an amateur the entire course of the match. Maria was finally getting her punishment, but the champ tried to run out of the match, only to have the entire division force her to return to the ring and allowing Kim to win back the championship with an emphatic "Eat Defeat".
4. Matt Hardy became the proud owner of one-half of the TNA Tag Team Championships, mainly out of Jeff Hardy's work. Abyss & Crazy Steve were a real threat to this now broken family, but in the end, Jeff's in-ring presence and experience got the best of them. Matt Hardy made sure however that he would be the only champion as he lifted both titles in the end while Jeff looked upon it, motionless.
5. Mike Bennett brought Moose to Impact Wrestling in order to get where he wanted to, so it's a bit ironic that Bennett had to bring someone else new to help him beat the big guy. Cody Rhodes, the former WWE wrestler, also made his debut at Bound For Glory, by triping and distracting Moose, therefore giving the opportunity for Bennett to hit the "Miracle Progress" for the one, two, three.
6. Nobody expected anything out of this match and many were concerned for the rules, but Galloway and Aron Rex made it work. After two intense rounds, the Scottish Dragon hit the "Future Shock DDT" which pretty much knocked Aron Rex out. The big story however was Drew Galloway's celebration as he held his new Impact Grand Championship on one hand, while making the "Two Sweet" sign on the other.
7. The main event of the evening saw another title change as Ethan Carter III defeated "The Destroyer" Lashley after one of the biggest and hardest to look at brawls in TNA's history. At one point, Carter was bleeding so intensively through his head that he couldn't even get up. Lashley was about to finish him of with the "Spear" when Ethan Carter III out of the blue reversed it to hit his second "TK3" and to reclaim the World Championship for the delight of the fans.
»» NEXT: IMPACT ON POP - 6/10/2016
First of all, I’m so happy to see a BT in the Writing Gallery. It’s been a while since a legit BT project has been around. Secondly, it’s a TNA BT. Wooo! Cheap plug here but look out for something from me here when I can get things organized. Onto the BFG results.
Having El Patron come in and beat James Storm is an interesting decision. But I do like Patron being in TNA. I’m not a huge fan of his but I do like seeing his in-ring work. I hope that Storm isn’t actually gone as you can turn this into a very interesting storyline. You could paint Corgan in whatever way you want and you can also have James Storm put someone over or even rejuvenate his character a little bit.
Tag team wrestling – I sure hope you have plans for the division as The Wolves are pretty much your entire division other than The Decay (who I do like as well). Having the Hardys around isn’t bad but the quicker they are away from TNA, the better it’ll be (for me at least). But with The Wolves, The Decay, and The Hardys leading the tag team division, it’d be nice to get some new blood in there and spice things up.
The Knockouts division is another thing that I hope you have a ton of plans for. Maria and Gail Kim as your top KO’s is fine but like I said with the tag team division, some new blood wouldn’t be bad. Now, new additions to every division won’t fix all of the problems, but having more characters to work with will help you tell a better story.
So that’s how you chose to bring in Cody Rhodes, hmm. Not too sure on it but I’ll reserve judgment and wait to see what you have cooked up for it. I think Rhodes is a big enough name that he could’ve stood alone as soon as he came into TNA. But if you’re going the Charlotte/Dana Brooke route where the “prodige will take over the mentor” someday, then I guess that’ll be fine too even if I’m not a huge fan of that. I’d be happier if you used Bennett and Rhodes as a two-man power trip as they take over TNA and just run it. Whether that be winning all the gold or just running roughshod through the entire roster. Either way, I look forward to seeing what you do there.
Galloway and “Too Sweet” sign? Hmmm. Color me intrigued.
EC# has always been a good character and a pretty good wrestler in TNA. So him winning the World Title can only mean good things. Lashley is a tough guy but he doesn’t have much of a personality. To me, he’s disposable at this point of his career. Have EC3 feud with the likes of Bennett, Rhodes, Galloway, Rex, or El Patron for the strap and you instantly have a better feud to work with.
Overall, these are big enough changes that you’ve written out and I’m looking forward to seeing how you implement them. Very intrigued by this project. That’s the first thing you need to do when writing a BT – hook a reader in. And you my friend, have done that. Good luck with this as I’ll be reading each new show you post.
IMPACT ON POP #1
OCTOBER 6, 2016 - IMPACT ZONE
The new TNA World Heavyweight Champion Ethan Carter III started the show for his live celebration. Ethan thanked the fans for their support and gave credit to Lashley's previous title reign. Mike Bennett & Cody Rhodes interrupted as the crowd boo'ed. Bennett introduced his partner in crime, that tonight would make his wrestling debut against Moose. Rhodes took the mic to express his intention to become the TNA World Champion, but firstly him and Bennett wanted to make a statement. They surrounded the ring and attacked the champion as he tried, to no prevail, fight them of. "The Destroyer" Bobby Lashley ran down the ramp for the unexpected save. Rhodes & Bennett retreated before things got ugly while ECIII sat down and leaned into on of the corners. Champion and former champion simply noded to one another before leaving as a sign of respect.
TAG TEAM MATCH: THE WOLVES VS. ANDREW EVERETT & TREVOR LEE W/ SHANE HELMS
A rematch from Bound For Glory was requested by Shane Helms, stating that DJ Z's interference was the reason for last night's defeat. The match was going really well for The Wolves, until the X-Division Champion DJ Z showed up again, this time causing the disqualification by attacking the entire Helms Dinasty group while targeting Shane Helms. Edwards and Richards argued with DJ Z after it, but the distraction lead to a beatdown by the Helms Dinasty.
There was a backstage segment with Decay. The former tag team champions were not pleased with the loss and confronted Rosemary, saying: "It's time..." while she simply smiled back.
A limo arrived and Alberto El Patrón came out with The Chairman Billy Corgan.
SINGLES MATCH: CANDICE LERAE VS. MADISON RAYNE
The Knockouts got a new addition in the form of Candice LeRae. The canadian wrestler had quite a challenge in his first match against the veteran Madison Rayne, but in the end Candice lived up to the fans expectation after delivering a "Balls-Plex" and getting the big win.
In the back Maria Kanellis and Allie were watching the match. Maria was frustrated with her loss last night and promised Allie that Gail Kim was going to pay for everything she did to them, as well as all the other Knockouts.
Billy Corgan made his way into the ring to present Alberto El Patrón. The new chairman just talked and talked about how good "Mexican's Greatest Export" was and named him the responsible for retiring James Storm. The crowd started to boo at this point and El Patrón didn't really help the cause. El Patrón started out by saying how good it felt to be in the Impact Zone, but he ended the segment by calling the fans "perros mudos" (dumb dogs). The crowd now boo'ed the duo heavily, specially after Corgan started calling them disrespectful ingrates. Corgan told the world he was going to change TNA and El Patrón was his hand-picked man to help his cause.
SINGLES MATCH: CODY RHODES VS. MOOSE
This match had quite a big fight feel and both of them needed a win tonight. Unfortunately for the fans, the two guys brawled to a double countout after almost fifteen minutes of a quite good story. Rhodes used his speed to counter Moose's strenght, but in the end it would be all part of a plot to wear down the big guy and assault him afterwards. Rhodes & Bennett joined forces to take out Moose's left knee by repeatedly crushing it with the ring steel steps. Moose had to be carried away after the assault.
Ethan Carter III and Lashley seemed to be on the same page in taking out Bennett & Rhodes before Lashley gets his rematch for the World Championship. The duo challenged Rhodes & Bennett for a match next week.
SINGLES MATCH: ARON REX VS. ELI DRAKE
Last night's loss really made a mark on Rex as he wasn't the same happy and confident wrestler in his entrance. Instead he looked more intense and in front of him was Eli Drake, who wanted a chance to move up the card as well. The match ended up in favor of Rex and after it was over, Galloway appeared on the big screen congratulating Rex on last night's humiliation and offered him a chance of redemption for next week's show.
[ME] SINGLES MATCH: "BROKEN" MATT HARDY VS. JEFF HARDY
Even before the match started we knew this was a setup to make Jeff Hardy look bad. As soon as the bell rang, Jeff laid out on the mat for the quick loss and frenetic celebration of Matt. After it "Broken" Matt took the mic and said that with Jeff's deletion, the entire company lost his biggest star, but he was willing to put himself in that position, but for that to happen he needed to "Delete TNA". He dropped the mic, got into the middle of the ring and opened up his arms before yelling "DELETE!". The arena's lights were out as the show faded away.
»» NEXT WEEK:
- DREW GALLOWAY (C) VS. ARON REX - IMPACT GRAND CHAMPIONSHIP
- ETHAN CARTER III & BOBBY LASHLEY VS. CODY RHODES & MIKE BENNETT