Go Shiozaki
Edge
Michelle McCool
Kobashi
Jeff Hardy
Christian
The Colons

Remember: This is in the Non-Spam Section

I think I am going to vote for AJ Styles here due to the simple reason that it showed the maturity of TNA booking in giving their old guard, the young guard... whatever you want to call him, his title back. AJ Styles is one of the most over wrestlers in TNA, and the world, and for him to once again win the title shows that TNA has a future.

I was going to say Edge, but the man goes through title reigns like I go through CR bottles.

I was at first going to vote CM Punk's MITB win, but we already saw that. Tommy Dreamer winning the ECW Title was probably one of my favorite moments of the year. The man seemed legitimately happy when he won, and he celebrated his moment by going into the crowd and celebrating with the fans. Everyone thought he'd lose and ride off into retirement, and the man who epitomized ECW proved everyone wrong once again. Dreamer has worked so hard over the last 15 or so years, and he deserved one last big win. He even had a pretty decent reign in the end.

Vote Dreamer guys.

Jeff Harvey, err, Hardy. He finally grabbed the brass ring (wow, I'm sick of hearing that). Jeff Hardy finally matured into the main-eventer that people was anticipating. It made sense too, because he was really gaining momentum. The crowd loved the guy; I'm sure he was a draw. That's all there is to say, really.

Jeff Hardy because he finally solidified himself as a main-eventer, and he proceeded to show how big of a commodity he really was.

I think it comes down to A.J. Styles win at No Surrender for his fourth title win and Jeff Hardy's win at either Extreme Rules or Night of Champions. Personally, I loved both Hardy's win at ER and Style's at No Surrender. However, only one can win the best of the year, so with that said...I've got to go with...AJ Styles. The tiebreaker for me comes down to how it was executed. Styles won by pinning the champion Angle and it was well celebrated and has been given the title reign he deserves. Hardy's win though was tainted by the cashing in of CM Punk and it wasn't really as good as his first WWE Championship win at Armageddon last year.

Since this poll is for title WIN of the year and not title REIGN of the year.... I gave my vote to Tommy Dreamer. No one ever saw that coming because most of us thought he preferred to put people over rather than have a title reign. Then when he started that whole "if I can't win the ECW title then I'll retire!" thing, I thought it would be the final storyline he was in. I turned out to be wrong, and so did many other fans. This was the best title WIN of the year because it was very unexpected.

Punk, Punk and a bit more Punk. "Jeff Hardy... has finally realised his dream!" - aw no you haven't, bish! Here comes CM Punk and he looks pissed off!

I watched that bit about three times just so I could watch Hardy's face. It was delicious. Unlike some of the wins on this list - Dreamer, Styles - it wasn't an empty gesture. Unlike some - Christian, Red - it actually mattered. And unlike some - Edge - it hadn't been done so many times before.

Being a TNA mark, I went with AJ Styles winning the belt. It was the final step in Sting passing the torch, and it could have been the first step in pushing TNA to prominence.

Had it not been overshadowed by everything surrounding Hogan, I'd guess his reign would be booked differently, and we'd be looking at better ratings and bigger shows...

I'm going with Styles, when he won, I didn't see it coming, I was expecting Sting to have another crappy reign but when I saw Styles win I completely marked out and couldn't of been happier :D

Dreamer. It's the only one that had both a good build and a surprise outcome. Punk's was the best MITB win yet, but it was the same thing we've seen three times before, including once by Punk himself. Styles' win didn't really develop the story that it gave rise to, and the other ones were all a bit shit.

I usually agree with you Tastycles but I can't agree with Dreamer. I knew when he said that if he didn't win that he would retire, he would win. When he did win it, the moment didn't feel as spectacular as when A.J. won it but I'm not going with Styles.

I'm going with Amazing Red slightly over Edge and that based on unpredictability. Edge lost in the 1st Elimination Chamber but there was a little part of me that thought his night wasn't over. Red suddenly came back from whereever he was to beat Samoa Joe. Even though Lashley did have a hand in it, it was still a surprising title win at that point and time.

Since this poll is for title WIN of the year and not title REIGN of the year.... I gave my vote to Tommy Dreamer. No one ever saw that coming because most of us thought he preferred to put people over rather than have a title reign. Then when he started that whole "if I can't win the ECW title then I'll retire!" thing, I thought it would be the final storyline he was in. I turned out to be wrong, and so did many other fans. This was the best title WIN of the year because it was very unexpected.

Strange that people feel this way. Personally, when he made the claim that he would either win or retire, that's when I knew he'd win. However, I thought the build-up to the match was extremely well-done.

Basically, they turned someone who is the epitome of a jobber into a title contender over the course of a couple months, making his ultimate victory somewhat believable. I enjoyed the story and was happy for Dreamer to get a decent title reign during his WWE tenure.

He gets my vote.

Amazing Red was probably the most shocking, but I don't think it was the win of the year since he won by interference. I went with AJ Styles because Jeff Hardy has been champion before, so it wasn't a shocker. This was the first time in years that AJ has been world champion. and this time it actually meant something.

He beat Sting in what was billed as Sting's retirement match. Jeff Hardy may be the more popular choice, but AJ Styles ushered in a new era for TNA.

I'll go with AJ here. None of the other ones were that memorable to me or one person won the title multiple times, which kind of takes away from it. AJ should've won the title quite awhile ago, and the fact that it happened in somewhat of an upredictable manner was pretty nice. Even though TNA could've used a few more fans in the ring to celebrate with him, it was still an awesome moment.

It's down to Red and Punk for me. I had barely heard of Amazing Red at that point, as I had just begun becoming the TNA mark I am now, and to see him win the title was a complete shock to me.

Punk's cash-in had that same kind of shock value, but in a different way. After that insane match at Extreme Rules, I'm sure most of us had forgotten about the man with the briefcase. Hitting Hardy with that Go 2 Sleep silenced the audience that had been roaring minutes before and provided another mark out moment when Hardy kicked out. It was all over after another G2S, however, and begun the best heel turn of the year.

I think I'm going with Red because it was out of nowhere, but Punk is a close second.

I went with AJ, it seems as if he has acomplished the most in TNA, however is being booked as if he just got over. With his title win, it showed that the booking team is listening, or they just made a lucky guess. Anyhow, either way he is able to put on a mat classic with whoever he's put in front of, and his mic work is above average for TNA standards.

It was between Punk and Styles. Punk had the shock value. No one saw it coming and it was truly was amazing to watch, because no one saw it coming. So in that regard it gets my vote, but. For win of the year it has to go to Styles. Finally the boy got the title. We had been wondering when it was going to happen and when it did almost all of us marked out. I was glad that TNA finally had given their golden boy the belt after all he had done for the company.

As much as I like Tommy Dreamer, his title win means nothing because it's not the real ECW anymore, so I have to go with AJ Styles getting his title back. Not because it was unexpected, but because he damn well deserved it.

Had to go with CM Punk although I felt like Jeff Hardy was equal. CM Punk cashing in his MITB after Jeff had just beat Edge in an awesome ladder match was not only a surprise but also a set up to the great feud between Punk and Jeff (which is my vote for feud of the year).

I gotta say though, why isn't Edge and Jericho up there, that tag title win was pretty cool and unexpected.

AJ Styles of course deserves a good nod. It's good to see him as world champ but I don't watch enough TNA to feel like I should vote for him so I'm sticking with Punk.

I'm going to go for CM Punks win at Extreme Rules. While it was a great ladder match between Edge and Jeff Hardy and it was great to see Jeff Hardy become World Heavywieght Champion, it was CM Punk's suprise win that stole the show. It was a shocking moment and started a great fued. It was also one of the most shocking moments this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back