Title Reign of the Year

What is the Best Title Reign of 2016?

• New Day - Raw Tag Team Titles

• Miz - Intercontinental Title (First Reign)

• Revival - NXT Tag Team Titles (First Reign)

• Charlotte - Raw Women's Title (First Reign)

• Asuka - NXT Women's Title

• AJ Styles - Smackdown World Title

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is a tough one indeed. I nominated Miz, but thinking on it, he had only one good feud during that reign.

This one comes to a question of longevity for my vote, making the options between New Day and Asuka. While both reigns suffered from a lack of competition, Asuka's reign made that void a part of the angle. NXT flat out said she has no competition. New Day's reign suffered in part by WWE pretending there was indeed competition, and recycling the same feuds several times.

Empress of Tomorrow, reign of 2016.

Asuka's title reign has been perfectly OK but it can be summarised thusly:

"Asuka's beaten Bayley. Oh, she's beaten Bayley again. Oh, all the other women seem to have left. Here's Mickey James."

The two Bayley matches were good, as was the Nia Jax one, and the Mickey James one...

In fact, fuck it: Asuka.

Or The Revival, because with a run of matches that good - all for the titles - they really shouldn't be denied.

I voted Miz, mainly because he was actually the one that made me care for a championship that didn't actually have any meaning whatsoever.

The NXT titles, all of them, are pretty credible and always had amazing booking and amazing talent behind it. I realize it's kind of moronic disregarding good title reigns, but when it's all said and done, I don't believe they've done anything better than the previous holders. It was just their time for it.

Miz did build the IC title back up. He had some good matches with it and built an amazing character out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back