Thoughts on the new layout?

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say about the new layout. What do you like/not like about it?

Personally, I like it. It's much more usable than Vbulletin ever was and has tonnes of new features. I'm not keen on the colour of the spoiler field but I'll see if we can get that changed.

Other than that, I like most of the new features. The ability to change your own name and avatar is long overdue.

I love the general feel of the new layout. Here's a list of some of the good things I see just by looking at this for 40 minutes.
  1. It's wonderful to have the forums look like the rest of the regular site. It hasn't been that way since I joined and it was kinda weird to have a forum named after a website but looking nothing like it. Makes it feel official.
  2. Custom Avatars.
  3. Trophies are cool.
  4. Likes replaced Rep it looks like too. Losing red-rep is good too.
  5. There's a drafts button. It looks like you can safe your post as a draft. This is wonderful, as now you don't need to type in word and save it if you're working on a long-ass post.
  6. EDIT: The generic user titles are better. I prefer Championship contender to Divas Champion.
The non-love things (note this isn't bad or anything, just things I have to get used to or re-learn, or change back):
  1. I need to re-learn how to find things. Settings, the quote/like stuff, etc. This is unavoidable obviously.
  2. I had to re-adjust all my settings, as they reverted back to 10 threads per page and 10 posts per page, where I normally use 30 for each. Easy fix once I found the settings.
  3. While I love that it looks like the website, It feels like I cannot optimize the site for a widescreen formatted monitor. I have WZ borders on the left and the right to compensate, and I'd prefer it be stretched from one end to the other. The main page is the same way (in fact the main page is worse, but I think it's optimized for mobile viewing). Maybe there's a setting to change that but I don't know.
  4. A number of posts that are days old are now showing up as unread for me. Until I can find the "mark all as read" button I'll have to just click everything.
  5. The settings are identical. On the Contact Details portion of the settings, there's links for AIM, ICQ, and Yahoo Messenger. I know AIM is dead, and I kinda feel that the other 2 I mentioned are either dying or dead. One would think things like Instagram, Snapchat, etc would be more with the times.

All in all, it's wonderful to see the forum growing up as time moves on. And it is really at the best time to do it with you guys taking over.

This is great! I've been thinking for a while that this page needed to be updated. This will certainly attract more new members and might even bring some older ones back.

Pros:

*I do like that we can bold and italicize without the brackets. Works kinda like Microsoft Word. Major improvement and so far my favorite new feature.

*Can apparently make a profile picture regardless of size.

*Just happy that they've noticed us after 8 years.

Cons:

*This format is not for the colorblind/visually impaired. I am and I can't stay on here more than ten minutes before it legit hurts my eyes. It's made RPing a chore. If a two-manned forum can get away with FIVE OPTIONS than a company can try better than this.

*The fact there was even a censor for naughty words was obnoxious.

Still praying we get a non white background at some point.

I can't believe it's that hard or costs that much money that this company that I'm assuming works in the black can't give us one other forum option besides this white one.

Hate it. I'll get used to it though. Football365 changes every so often so and I didn't know my dad so I'm used to been abandoned.

The custom avatar is my favorite part, the only explanation for not being able to choose a custom avatar in the past was "no".

I'm assuming that BBCodes are now completely nixed.

The custom avatar is my favorite part, the only explanation for not being able to choose a custom avatar in the past was "no".

I'm assuming that BBCodes are now completely nixed.
It's all the same from what I can see. The default setting is where it's like word and instead of seeing the code it just does it.

There's an option to take off rich editor in preferences

I like it so far. Being able to upload your avatar was long overdue. The updates to the PM system and the "likes" replacing repping are a plus. One of the better new features is uploading pictures. Having to upload a picture file elsewhere and code it got really annoying.

While I will demand a non white background with my dying breath everything else had kind of grown on me.

I'm interested to hear what you guys have to say about the new layout. What do you like/not like about it?

Personally, I like it. It's much more usable than Vbulletin ever was and has tonnes of new features. I'm not keen on the colour of the spoiler field but I'll see if we can get that changed.

Other than that, I like most of the new features. The ability to change your own name and avatar is long overdue.

Agreed. Too much white.
That’s a shocker. The administrator likes the new site.
The site is a mess. Go back to the layout of 10 years ago.
While you’re at it, get rid of the new writer Berman. He sucks.

Just logged in for the first time in lord knows how long and my first thought was "what in the blue hell happened to WrestleZone?" I will be pouring some out for WrestleZone's classic look. May it rest in peace.
Pour some out for the site. It's been dead for a minute now.

LOL this place changed a lot. Feels super dead too.

Has all web forums been overtaken by the advent of message boards and reddit?

Site design is fine, colour change option should really be considered for a black option.

Where's KB and literally everyone else like NorCal?

LOL this place changed a lot. Feels super dead too.

Has all web forums been overtaken by the advent of message boards and reddit?

Site design is fine, colour change option should really be considered for a black option.

Where's KB and literally everyone else like NorCal?
Drama went down and they all jumped ship to a new forum started by KB and Sly. It's pretty dead too, though.

Forums are definitely dying. It's a shame because the personalities and relationships were what always made forums entertaining, whereas Reddit is entirely faceless. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back