They could have done AJ Styles vs Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 33.

AegonTargaryen

Championship Contender
Hey guys.

I was just beginning to watch Shane vs Styles and suddenly a thought flashed- WHY DID SHANE HAVE TO WRESTLE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Like, last year, it was because Cena, Rollins, Orton, and a bunch of others were injured.

But considering how the card was so overloaded that they had to put Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin or the cruiserweight title match on the Pre-show in favour of putting the SD Women's title match on the main show is RIDICULOUS. Absurd. Preposterous.

So why not instead give us a memorable triple threat.

Instead of unnecessarily derailing Styles' momentum by way of him dropping the title to Cena, only for Bray to win it in a not-so-memorable way at EC , only to drop it again to Orton.....why not have Styles go in at WM 33 as the defending champion ?

How much more intriguing would not only WM 33 have been as a whole, and AJ Styles have been by continuing his Second year in the company as the reigning champion(and not being wasted on Shane), but intriguing for the Wyatt family storyline.

Randy Orton could've turned on Bray in the triple threat.

We could've gotten Styles to retain, or Bray could've won(and Randy would turn on him on the following smackdown), or Randy could've turned on him and either 1)won the title, or 2) allowed Styles to pin him.

Either ways, far more intriguing.

Also, they could've added 10 mins to the WWE title match, and allowed for the cruiserweight or IC title match to be on the main show.

All it'd take was Shane to NOT WRESTLE.

What was the point really?

First, adding Styles to the Wyatt/Orton storyline would've taken away from someone. Either Styles becomes a 3rd wheel or the Wyatt/Orton story suffers by his involvement.

Second, so far it seems that the Shane/Styles match was one of people's favorite matches of the night, so what's there to complain about (besides the show being way too long)?

Also, breather matches have been a part of WrestleMania for quite a long time. That's exactly what the Smackdown Women's title match was. It was right where it belonged.

And you really wanted more time for the WWE Title match between Lesnar and Goldberg?

First, adding Styles to the Wyatt/Orton storyline would've taken away from someone. Either Styles becomes a 3rd wheel or the Wyatt/Orton story suffers by his involvement.

True but it could also have made it intriguing because Orton wouldn't turn on Bray during the buildup, so we wouldn't really know if he was going into WM to WIN the title or to support Bray, and AJ Styles wouldn't know it either. Basically, a whole lot of intrigue.

Second, so far it seems that the Shane/Styles match was one of people's favorite matches of the night, so what's there to complain about (besides the show being way too long)?

Granted, it was a good match, but would you rather,

AJ Styles goes into WM 33 the defending champion, into a main event, with a maineventer like Orton, and Bray Wyatt, or

goes into WM against Shane McMahon and wins the match so he can brag about how he's beaten Shane McMahon!

Also, breather matches have been a part of WrestleMania for quite a long time. That's exactly what the Smackdown Women's title match was. It was right where it belonged.

And you really wanted more time for the WWE Title match between Lesnar and Goldberg?

The extra 10 mins for the WWE title match had it been Styles vs Orton vs Wyatt, not the Lesnar-Goldberg match.

I'm assuming the Bray-Randy match lasted 10-15 mins, so the triple threat would've been longer, hence the extra 10 mins.

Perhaps it would've been a very good match too- the triple threat.

The extra 10 mins for the WWE title match had it been Styles vs Orton vs Wyatt, not the Lesnar-Goldberg match.

Yeah that's my mistake.

I'm assuming the Bray-Randy match lasted 10-15 mins, so the triple threat would've been longer, hence the extra 10 mins.

Perhaps it would've been a very good match too- the triple threat.

Maybe the only saving grace. Wyatt/Orton was considered by most the worst match of the night. At the least, from an in ring standpoint, no question Styles would've helped there.

Should the match have been a triple threat? I think that desire exists because Bray vs Randy was a let down.

Shane vs AJ did more things correctly than the triple threat ever could have. The triple threat would have had the same result: Randy Orton going over.

Styles vs McMahon gave us AJ's first WrestleMania victory and proved that Shane McMahon can go without jumping off a cage or a tron. He showcased mat wrestling, let alone that shooting star press. That DDT he hit off the corner was nuts too.

Shane McMahon not having a match would have been a mistake. AJ Styles losing again at WrestleMania would have been a colossal error. Now we have a Shane that could conceivably and believably work a match with anyone on the roster.

A WWE title triple threat would have robbed us of that. Yes, the WWE title match would have been better. It probably would have been 25 minutes of holy crap AJ, Bray menacing with his overhead projectionist skills, and RKO outta nowhere - onto the next match.

AJ vs Shane was a smart match, both guys gave it all, kinda weak lead up, best option for opener. I had the tag match as opener in my predictions since no one knew how much prep Shane was doing.

Styles vs Shane was excellent. It could have had better build, I don't think the stakes were quite there. I would have appreciated something being on the line, though that might have given away the finish (ie if Styles contract were on the line or something).

Going forward Styles is still the best in WWE and goes into the build up to Backlash with momentum. We have proof that Shane McMahon posses the wrestling skills to potentially be in a main event singles match (that felt weird to type out). We have Randy Orton as WWE champion for the thirteenth time, and Bray Wyatt is still winless at WrestleMania. The Anti-Streak continues.

We could be saying that about AJ and nothing about Shane.

Sure they could've, but it would've led to even more pissing and moaning than usual. It's a situation that's been suggested for quite a while now and I believe the usual response in various forums for the idea is that it's "lazy booking" and that they're tired of seeing triple threat main events for the title during WrestleMania. There's a logic to the line of thinking as it is indeed sort of lazy from a creative standpoint and WrestleMania is already developing a reputation of having too many multi-person matches on the card.

While everyone agrees with the notion that Styles is out of Shane's league entirely, they still put on a hell of an entertaining match last night. Also, if the idea was to put the title on Orton again, which genuinely caused me to let out a huge groan of disappointment last night, then adding Styles to the match would've only resulted in more disappointment seeing that Orton would beat Bray Wyatt and AJ Styles to win the WWE Championship for the 13th time.

The problem wasn't that AJ Styles wasn't in the championship match, it's that Vince frequently does things to stop any and all momentum Bray Wyatt has in its tracks. If they want to do something interesting with Randy Orton and a championship, put him in the Intercontinental Championship picture.

I've always been very vocal about the bray wyatt character, it's an old school style character which means that since he'S a old school type of heel, every time he will start a feud with someone, he need to be the loser of the feud. That's how those characters we'Re build back int the day. You have the heel get the better of the babyface, the babyface found a way to outsmart the heel and the babyface gets his revenge on the heel and we move on to the next feud. That's the role of Bray Wyatt, the heel that's going to put over the babyface in the end of the feud and i'm o.k with that because that the sort of booking i grew up watching as a kid.

As far as aj. styles being put in a triple threat instead of having him wrestled shane last night. i wrote that elsewhere before and i'm will write it again here, it would have been a huge mistake to add Aj to the match because the story that was told was between Randy and Bray and you needed these 2 to face off one on one to finally end the feud. A.J. would have been a third wheel and completly forgotten about by the end of the match. Plus, Shane is still a pretty huge attraction so it put the spotlight on Aj and he got the rub out of it by having one of the best match on the card in my opinion.

They really have something special with aj styles and you need to keep him in the spotlight as long as you can because he's doesn'T have alot of time left on his career. So you can't really waste him like some fans wanted wwe to do by adding him in a title match that he wasn'T the focus of the match.

Hey guys.

I was just beginning to watch Shane vs Styles and suddenly a thought flashed- WHY DID SHANE HAVE TO WRESTLE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

Like, last year, it was because Cena, Rollins, Orton, and a bunch of others were injured.

But considering how the card was so overloaded that they had to put Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin or the cruiserweight title match on the Pre-show in favour of putting the SD Women's title match on the main show is RIDICULOUS. Absurd. Preposterous.

So why not instead give us a memorable triple threat.

Instead of unnecessarily derailing Styles' momentum by way of him dropping the title to Cena, only for Bray to win it in a not-so-memorable way at EC , only to drop it again to Orton.....why not have Styles go in at WM 33 as the defending champion ?

How much more intriguing would not only WM 33 have been as a whole, and AJ Styles have been by continuing his Second year in the company as the reigning champion(and not being wasted on Shane), but intriguing for the Wyatt family storyline.

Randy Orton could've turned on Bray in the triple threat.

We could've gotten Styles to retain, or Bray could've won(and Randy would turn on him on the following smackdown), or Randy could've turned on him and either 1)won the title, or 2) allowed Styles to pin him.

Either ways, far more intriguing.

Also, they could've added 10 mins to the WWE title match, and allowed for the cruiserweight or IC title match to be on the main show.

All it'd take was Shane to NOT WRESTLE.

What was the point really?

Simple really. Orton vs Wyatt was the story dating back to what, October. Styles had no business being interjected, especially when Harper was already being teased of being in the match. Considering AJ vs Shane was one of the best matches on the card, and the perfect choice to kick off the main card, i dont know why anybody would change it. Orton vs Wyatt was terrible, AJ wouldnt have been able to save that mess as the story was in place.

The match quality would've increased. The stakes would've been increased. But it won't make sense if we think storyline wise.

Wyatt Vs. Orton had a build of more than 6 months. You can't and shouldn't put AJ Styles in there because there's no one for AJ. It would ruin the feud itself and it won't help AJ Styles either as the spotlight would be more on Wyatt & Orton and rightfully so.

As it happened, AJ Styles was in the spotlight in his match against Shane. Even more spotlight than this WWE Championship match. It went well for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back