The WZ Tournament is Rated R Awesomeness: The Edge HQ

#hamler

That's all folks.
Edge_1196386778.jpg

The Rated R Superstar, The Ultimate Opportunist, The Master Manipulator
Edge

Too young to remember the good ol' days of Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan running wild on WCW? Too young to remember The Rock and Stone Cold tearing shit up on the WWF? Well here's your answer, a WWE Superstar who's had just as much success as anyone else, but someone we can all truly remember. Edge is your guy to vote for in the 5th annual Wrestlezone Tournament. Why? Because Edge invented awesome (unlike the Miz)... and Edge is so awesome, he makes awesome look like awesome isn't awesome anymore, that's how awesome he is.

His awesomeness in the WWE includes-
WWE Championship (4 times)

World Heavyweight Championship (7 times)

World Tag Team Championship ( 12 times)
with Christian (7) with Christian (7) Chris Benoit (2), Hulk Hogan (1), Randy Orton (1) and Chris Jericho(1)

WWE Tag Team Championship ( 2 times)
[with Rey Mysterio(1) and Chris Jericho (1) Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

WCW United States Championship (1 time)

WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (5 times)

Fourteenth Triple Crown Champion

King of the Ring
( 2001)

Mr. Money in the Bank (2005, 2007)

Royal Rumble ( 2010)

Edge...Rated R Awesomeness!!! VOTE EDGE and consider yourself awesome!​

[YOUTUBE]aGyKwVwDcm8[/YOUTUBE]​

Just though I'd throw that out there. For real, Edge will be getting my vote though. I want him to go far in this tournament and I will help him out as much as I can unless he goes up against HBK sometime.

Sorry, as a regular member now I'm only allowed to send 1 PM at a time. I was too busy copy/pasting in multiple messages to make this. Well done though, well done.

Alright, look here's the real deal, through my eyes. It's no secret that I'd back Edge until the day I likely died. (probably still posting here, no less) Unfortunately, ever since two years ago when I did something very few (if any others) can lay claim to doing similar, and that was pushing Edge to the Finals and almost a victory..

NO ONE, especially the majority of the regulars on this site, will allow Edge to ever get as far as the Sweet 16, much less further, ever again. It can be argued until they're all blue in the face about if he'd ever deserve it or not. But the truth is, it's mainly because no one expected a Finals run out of him to begin with, and knowing he got there once scares the shit out of most people to think a "fluke" such as that could ever happen again.

He is the WWE's version of Booker T in WWE. People won't remember how many major titles he won but remember how many times he lost. :D

Alright, look here's the real deal, through my eyes. It's no secret that I'd back Edge until the day I likely died. (probably still posting here, no less) Unfortunately, ever since two years ago when I did something very few (if any others) can lay claim to doing similar, and that was pushing Edge to the Finals and almost a victory..

NO ONE, especially the majority of the regulars on this site, will allow Edge to ever get as far as the Sweet 16, much less further, ever again. It can be argued until they're all blue in the face about if he'd ever deserve it or not. But the truth is, it's mainly because no one expected a Finals run out of him to begin with, and knowing he got there once scares the shit out of most people to think a "fluke" such as that could ever happen again.
tl;dr

I love Edge, he's been my favorite wrestler since the end of La Familia, and even for a little while when he was with La Familia. I think it'll end up Edge vs. Eddie for the Sub City, and that's a decision I'm going to have to make when we get there, but I'm thinking I'll give that to Edge.

Eddie- 51 Votes
Edge- 52 Votes

Damn what a close one. Some great debating in that thread. Hats off the the Edge heads or the ones who voted Edge...consider yourself awesome! Let's stick by Edge and maybe we can make it through another round or two. Hell yeah!

It never should've been that close to begin with. Eddie got more support than he should've had in that match, and even the most die-hard Eddie supporters had to know deep down that Eddie is not, and would have NEVER been as big as Edge.

When things are boiled down to it - Edge has made a legacy out of his career, for what he's doing now. Eddie's legacy was made when he was found dead in a hotel room. Heartless sounding or not, Eddie was not even a massively famous wrestler until he died and people felt lost without him. (myself included) His death achieved more for him than anything he did while he was alive. (including a HoF induction)

It looks like Hogan will be next though, and I'll back Edge until the bitter end - but I can almost promise you, this will be the end. Like I said in the Edge/Guerrero thread; regardless who moves on - if it's against Hogan, it's highly unlikely either will get beyond him. Granted, in my opinion - Edge is the type of heel who'd defeat Hulk Hogan when needed to, but hardly anyone (if anyone) is going to buy that.

Edge and Austin it appears it will be.

Ive done my darndest for both Edge and Cena in this round, as theyre the two I have a vested interest in seeing winning. Edge is going to the Elite 8, but that will likely be the end for him. Ill vote him, and argue him once again against Austin, because I believe heel Edge could beat Austin. I don't think I carry enough clout to push him through though, although Ill do my best to debate it as such. We'll see on the stipulation here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back