The W.F.U.: Wrestling Fan's United

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
The stance here is quite simple:

* The WWE section has fully devoted attention with 3 moderators. But the TNA, General and Old School sections have only one mod each. While it's enough for the most part to clean house, they can still use an extra hand when they aren't around.

* The Wrestling Spam Section is an unorganized haven to insane ideas, random good memories and "lulz". Why can't it be more organized and concentrated? Yes, it's a spam section. But it's not a "Wrestling Bar Room" section. Why can't it be a bit more organized with a TNA, WWE, General and so on sections?

* The Indy's section never prospered enough to stick. But that's no reason to add ROH, CHIKARA, DGUSA/EVOLVE, AAA, etc. sub-forums in order to give the fans of the lesser known companies a more organized homebase.

* Being a TNA fan, I get the constant criticism of "TNA sux" daily. No offense to WWE fan's, who get their own flack at times for being "biased", but I'm not the only one to share the sentiment. Some people are called ROHbots, CHIKARA fan's don't get much recognition. The flaming between preferences needs to end. We have a right to like whatever we want and we shouldn't suffer prejudice as posters for our liking's. I believe that unconstructive criticism of any company should be considered flaming in the same vein as a poster being called dumb. These boards should be for discussion. Not self-pride.

* WWE and TNA use the media to their fullest these days. So does the main WrestleZone page. Why can't we do the same? We love wrestling. And as part of my belief that even smaller companies should get light here, why not give a little more light via Youtube and Dailymotion? It's against forum rules for content to be downloaded, but not viewed. As possible sub-forums open, threads with videos highlighting their online content can come about. Think about it. A thread in the CHIKARA sub-forum to post, watch and give a general overview of the latest edition of Podcast-A-Go-Go. Or a thread in the AAA sub-section with episodes of AAA Sin Limite posted as uploaded on Youtube weekly.

OK, maybe it's not that simple. But we as wrestling fan's become curious of other products as we look to extent our knowledge on this great passtime or hobby. With unity, we can discover new things, discuss them and make WrestleZone's wrestling sections be more than just "What happened this week on Raw" or "What's TNA overhyping now?". A pledge here is a pledge as a wrestling fan wanting to expand his/her enjoyment and knowledge and spreading to others. A pledge here is a pledge to what you are. A wrestling fan.

So first Killjoy joins the David French Party and then he backs out to go for wrestling section glory? Sounds like a flip-flopper. Cue stock footage of skiing.

What are the odds you jump ship again and leave your party high and dry? Based on your record, I'd say it's high.

So first Killjoy joins the David French Party and then he backs out to go for wrestling section glory? Sounds like a flip-flopper. Cue stock footage of skiing.

What are the odds you jump ship again and leave your party high and dry? Based on your record, I'd say it's high.

No I'm not. I've simply decided that while you focus on the spam sections, I wish to focus on the non-spam wrestling sections. I support your ideals, but I also have my own. Who's to say later, if thinks go sour for one or the other party, we can't come together? We share similar views, just not in the same section. You gotta remember this is only stage one. There's strength in numbers. No different here. Nothing wrong with multiple outlets for now.

No I'm not. I've simply decided that while you focus on the spam sections, I wish to focus on the non-spam wrestling sections. I support your ideals, but I also have my own. Who's to say later, if thinks go sour for one or the other party, we can't come together? We share similar views, just not in the same section. You gotta remember this is only stage one.
I understand that all you really know is wrestling and face/heel turns are a staple of the genre. But trust me: In real life, this kind of ship-jumping isn't a virtue. Think carefully about your word before it and stick to it once it's out there. Be a man of honour. Isn't that the luchador way, amigo?

I like what you're throwing out there Killjoy. I'm going to try to get my own party going first just to see what happens but I don't see any reason why I (or anyone) wouldn't support this wholeheartedly. I would like to join this party if the one I'm wanting to get started doesn't work out.

I understand that all you really know is wrestling and face/heel turns are a staple of the genre. But trust me: In real life, this kind of ship-jumping isn't a virtue. Think carefully about your word before it and stick to it once it's out there. Be a man of honour. Isn't that the luchador way, amigo?

Yes, but alliances, tag teams and venturing different companies are also staples of wrestling. You put out great ideas for the spam sections, but some people were at odds because they wanted support for the non-spam sections. So instead of asking myself, I decided to take charge myself on the matter and give them support. Yeah, I took a chance. But that's because the opportunities to take those chances are still open. I'm not turning on you or opposing you. I'm simply standing side-by-side.

Well you've sold me.

I believe in Killjoy.

dark_knight6.jpg

Sounds interesting. But at the same time most of the reforms you speak of are unneccesary.

How so? ROH is expanding it's TV ventures. But there's almost nothing here to lend support to ROH fans. CHIKARA is also expanding. And the only thing CHIRAKA fan's focus on is the CHIKARMY thread buried under whatever stuff doesn't make the cut in the non-spam sections because there's no organization in that section.

Love the philosophy, Killjoy. You had me at AAA Sin Limite. ¡Arriba la Secta!

But I love spam soooooo much 'cause it's all I ever really knew. Now I don't know which party to join. =/

How so? ROH is expanding it's TV ventures. But there's almost nothing here to lend support to ROH fans. CHIKARA is also expanding. And the only thing CHIRAKA fan's focus on is the CHIKARMY thread buried under whatever stuff doesn't make the cut in the non-spam sections because there's no organization in that section.

Well, for starters what CAN you do? No matter what you do, if people are not interested in those promotions no amount of videos or topics or even different sections for them can make people get interested in them.

Secondly, how CAN you actually improve the spam sections? It is supposed to be a no holds barred section. Now, you are talking about dividing the spam zone into sections. Tell me, is that neccesary. How many times have you been unable to find a topic you were looking for in the Wrestling Spam Sections. There is very little activity in that section as compared to the Non Spam section and therefore it manages itself fine. I just cannot see how you could improve it.

The suggestion that I like is the video library one though. That is something that could be very useful.

Oh and one more thing. I'll mention this here because this is the only wrestling related party I have seen so far. We should have a hall of fame for matches in the same way we have a hall of fame for wrestlers. I have mentioned this once or twice to X and JGlass and while they were both enthusiastic about the idea, no reply was forthcoming. Add that to your list of changes you want to implement and I would definately join this party.

Well, for starters what CAN you do? No matter what you do, if people are not interested in those promotions no amount of videos or topics or even different sections for them can make people get interested in them.
There's always interest even if it's little. Having sections for those promotions stimulates that interest.

Secondly, how CAN you actually improve the spam sections? It is supposed to be a no holds barred section. Now, you are talking about dividing the spam zone into sections. Tell me, is that neccesary. How many times have you been unable to find a topic you were looking for in the Wrestling Spam Sections. There is very little activity in that section as compared to the Non Spam section and therefore it manages itself fine. I just cannot see how you could improve it.
It's a nice perk of organizing the section. And no, it's not a low traffic section. It can peak at over 70 viewers easy. More than the non-wrestling sections. Why can't it have the same level of organization as it's non-spam version?

The suggestion that I like is the video library one though. That is something that could be very useful.

People are always asking about great moments or matches or reasons to get into a company. This would work great along with organizing the spam section because these video threads can be found under the sections of their own company rather than being on a list of randomly located topics.

Oh and one more thing. I'll mention this here because this is the only wrestling related party I have seen so far. We should have a hall of fame for matches in the same way we have a hall of fame for wrestlers. I have mentioned this once or twice to X and JGlass and while they were both enthusiastic about the idea, no reply was forthcoming. Add that to your list of changes you want to implement and I would definately join this party.
That sounds like a pretty neat idea. Like 5 Star Rated matches. However, the section was Slyfox's brainchild. It might be better to ask him.

Once you get three members, you need to PM me letting me know all the members currently in party. You can add more later if necessary.

I'm fully behind the WFU Party. Name of the forums is WrestleZone, it is supposed to be a Wrestling forum and the heart of it comes from the non-spam wrestling sections. Sure at times they can become cluttered with dumbass threads and such but they usually bring out the best wrestling orientated conversations. Every section on WrestleZone as in every forum has a part to play and attracts different types of member, however the wrestling section is one that almost everyone can, is or has been behind at some point or another.

Support WFU - And if you don't, the acronym has your reply, FU.

Heavy spirit, Saga. I'm currently at a recruitment process, so those who wish to join me, Saga, Bearded One, Doppelganger and so on, feel free to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back